Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 19:39   Link #601
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
I lvoe this icon. <3:

Never saw the anime but I think this icon is so cute that it looks liek ti can be a pokemon character. :3
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:47   Link #602
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I lvoe this icon. <3:

Never saw the anime but I think this icon is so cute that it looks liek ti can be a pokemon character. :3
Glad you like it, you can use it if you'd like. ^^
Oh, you're right, he does look like he could be a Pokemon character.

His name is Mieu by the way. =3
Old 2008-10-11, 19:49   Link #603
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Mieu really is extremely cute, I always loved him in the game, but haven't watched the anime yet.
Old 2008-10-15, 15:46   Link #604
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If you're ever at a loss for ideas but still want something to do, may I make a request? A vector or fanart of Princess Fuse, please (my favorite lady character - must be the hair style, although it'd look ridiculous in reality)
Better late than never right, Ledgem? I tried to draw Fuse. I think I'll recolor her but I hope you like it. ^^

Here's the original sketch in case you're interested.
Old 2008-10-15, 20:30   Link #605
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Thank you so much, Haku It looks wonderful! Your signatures and avatars are terrific, but I'll admit that I always get a thrill when I see Okami-related works from you.
Old 2008-10-20, 15:56   Link #606
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Thank you so much, Haku It looks wonderful! Your signatures and avatars are terrific, but I'll admit that I always get a thrill when I see Okami-related works from you.
You're very welcome. I tend to try harder on graphic things when their Okami related for some reason. ^^

Small update
Signatures

And no I will not get caught up in the "box" craze...unless someone finds Amaterasu in a box.

Now, this is for Ledgem, Marina and others who pay attention to my drawings. I've checked out a few books from the school library about wolves and wolf anatomy; I hope to draw a proportional Amaterasu soon.
Until then, here are some chibi doodles.
Spoiler for Saving Space:
Old 2008-10-20, 16:05   Link #607
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Haku could just draaaaaw an Ammy in a box I forgot about Collete, so I'll go searching for her in a box later

Great drawings by the way, I love Ammy with that mask (one of my favorite parts in the game is drawing those masks). I'm a big fan of your chibi Ammys, so keep it up! I also look forward to seeing your real-life wolf drawing of her.

Very nice signatures too, I particularly like the yawning one. I'm not exactly sure what the first one is, some sort of bloody smiley face with a guy in the background? What is it from? The second one looks like a pokemon straight from some game image, the text could use some work in the top right corner and I think it could use more color since the right side seems pretty empty.

Oh! And I was looking at your DA account the other day and noticed some tutorials you marked as favorites, one of them looked pretty interesting. I'll have to try them out!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 16:27   Link #608
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Small update
Signatures
Interesting choice of perspective here, although it is kinda hard to see what it should be. What I really like about this are neither the colors or the effects, but simply the way you put it together. The text placement goes hand-in-hand with the rest of the sig and kinda blends in with it, making it look like it belongs there.

Quote:

Even if these two are lacking in the effects department, they sure boosts the cuteness levels up several levels. I can't really explain what I feel about these two, other than that I like them in the sense of simplicity and cuteness.
Interesting choice of image with the...ice-wolf thingie.

Quote:
Now, this is for Ledgem, Marina and others who pay attention to my drawings. I've checked out a few books from the school library about wolves and wolf anatomy; I hope to draw a proportional Amaterasu soon.
Until then, here are some chibi doodles.
Spoiler for Saving Space:
Now these are just amazing. You really did your research. Super-cute drawings, I even "awww"-ed IRL. It's as you took a cub out of real life and applied an Okami theme to them.
Keep up the good work.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 21:21   Link #609
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Haku could just draaaaaw an Ammy in a box I forgot about Collete, so I'll go searching for her in a box later

Great drawings by the way, I love Ammy with that mask (one of my favorite parts in the game is drawing those masks). I'm a big fan of your chibi Ammys, so keep it up! I also look forward to seeing your real-life wolf drawing of her.
MUCH easier said than done Marina. I tried last night and I couldn't get it too look right.

And thanks, I did those during class one day when I was bored. I wanted to add a little chibi twist to what she looked like so I added my own little flare to her.
Quote:
Very nice signatures too, I particularly like the yawning one. I'm not exactly sure what the first one is, some sort of bloody smiley face with a guy in the background? What is it from? The second one looks like a pokemon straight from some game image, the text could use some work in the top right corner and I think it could use more color since the right side seems pretty empty.
The guy with a smiley face is some comedian and the face is his "badge" or something like that. I'm not too sure since it was a request and I had to work quickly with it. The Pokemon one was done to make it look kinda realistic but I couldn't pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Interesting choice of perspective here, although it is kinda hard to see what it should be. What I really like about this are neither the colors or the effects, but simply the way you put it together. The text placement goes hand-in-hand with the rest of the sig and kinda blends in with it, making it look like it belongs there.
Yeah, I was having troubles with that one. I had to totally re-do it when Fox said he wanted most of the smiley face in the sig. But I'm happy you think it turned out well since I had the most trouble with the text placement. ^^;

Quote:
Even if these two are lacking in the effects department, they sure boosts the cuteness levels up several levels. I can't really explain what I feel about these two, other than that I like them in the sense of simplicity and cuteness.
Interesting choice of image with the...ice-wolf thingie.
Thanks. Fast and simple is what I was going for. I didn't even bother to render the yawning image. But the ice-wolf thingie is actually a Pokemon (Suicune?), just a spur of the moment sig when I saw the render. xD

Okie dokie then. Gave another drawing of Okami a try. I did this in about 5 minutes so it's a work in progress, so to speak. But I would appreciate some feedback. Oh, I call it the Victory Howl
Spoiler for Spaceness:
Old 2008-10-21, 21:41   Link #610
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Simple and good, looks great so far!
Watching you make all these wonderful sketches/drawings makes me want to, too!
Old 2008-10-22, 17:51   Link #611
Hakuryu
Klutz

Thanks Ultima-kun. That means SO much. <3
Give it a shot, I'm sure anything will be a great start after a break. ^^

Just a freebie sig this time. This is Taiga Aisaka from Toradora!
Old 2008-10-22, 18:07   Link #612
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just a freebie sig this time. This is Taiga Aisaka from Toradora!
Mind if I claim it Haku-chan? If so, could you shorten the height to 120px?

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 18:13   Link #613
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Mind if I claim it Haku-chan? If so, could you shorten the height to 120px?
Sure, here you go~
Old 2008-10-22, 18:28   Link #614
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Very, very impressive sketches. Five minutes? I don't think I could do that even if you gave me months to work at it.

And like Marina I really enjoyed the sketch of Okami with the paper mask. I liked that part of the game as well Kind of makes you wonder what the Imps would look like without the papers on their faces...
Old 2008-10-23, 05:54   Link #615
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Okie dokie then. Gave another drawing of Okami a try. I did this in about 5 minutes so it's a work in progress, so to speak. But I would appreciate some feedback. Oh, I call it the Victory Howl
Spoiler for Spaceness:
All your drawings of Okami really just wants me to colour them in in PS and give them to you

Other then that I love the drawings, I failed at art

Okami=win+cuteness <3
Old 2008-10-23, 16:06   Link #616
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Very, very impressive sketches. Five minutes? I don't think I could do that even if you gave me months to work at it.

And like Marina I really enjoyed the sketch of Okami with the paper mask. I liked that part of the game as well Kind of makes you wonder what the Imps would look like without the papers on their faces...
Yeah, I seemed to be "on a roll" for drawing at the time. I'm actually surprised with myself that it didn't take that long.

I guess, since you both seemed to like them, I'll have to make some more of Amaterasu in chibi form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
All your drawings of Okami really just wants me to colour them in in PS and give them to you

Other then that I love the drawings, I failed at art

Okami=win+cuteness <3
Y'know, I'd love you if you did that for me, SweetHoney. ♥

I got an F in my art class so don't feel bad. ^^;

But thanks so much!

Two more drawings of Ammy of course.
Studied a picture of a wolf in this position and I thought I'd give it a try with her. I ended up making her a bit too skinny, but I think I nailed the paws. ^^
Spoiler for Ammy Running:

I had fun with this one. I finally got to do draw the mirror weapon on her back. It's too bad I totally forgot the markings on it. xD
Spoiler for Sniffy:

If anyone's curious, each drawing took about 30 minuets each.
Old 2008-10-23, 21:11   Link #617
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
I got an F in my art class so don't feel bad. ^^;
I never really understood grading in art class (I could never ace it, either). Art is probably the most subjective subject out there; how can you grade it? Isn't good art something that either mimics currently exalted art styles (and thus lacks originality), or earns appreciation from the grader (in which case it could receive a wildly different grade from any other grader)? Art should really be pass/no pass based on whether you made the effort of creating anything at all, unless there's a specific assignment to copy a style... grumble grumble.

Oh well, I chose science over the arts anyway If I were your art teacher I'd be giving you quite a different grade than an F!
Old 2008-10-26, 12:17   Link #618
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
I never really understood grading in art class (I could never ace it, either). Art is probably the most subjective subject out there; how can you grade it? Isn't good art something that either mimics currently exalted art styles (and thus lacks originality), or earns appreciation from the grader (in which case it could receive a wildly different grade from any other grader)? Art should really be pass/no pass based on whether you made the effort of creating anything at all, unless there's a specific assignment to copy a style... grumble grumble.

Oh well, I chose science over the arts anyway If I were your art teacher I'd be giving you quite a different grade than an F!
I've taken 3 years of "Art" during my Middle and High School years and never got a good grade in them. I didn't ever feel like I learned much either. It's a sad thing to say but everything I draw is all self-taught. Art teachers want you to draw their way, you don't have the freedom that you'd expect in that kind of class. Blah blah blah~
Thanks Ledgem, I feel like I am getting better and all of you guys give me the confidence I so need right now.

And now, a sig that looks sooo colorful that I'm scared.

Lulz, it was so fun to make. I wanted to use that image in a sig but make it funny and silly at the same time. I hope I did okay on it. xD
Old 2008-10-26, 14:07   Link #619
ren_db
Rice Soldier
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've taken 3 years of "Art" during my Middle and High School years and never got a good grade in them. I didn't ever feel like I learned much either. It's a sad thing to say but everything I draw is all self-taught. Art teachers want you to draw their way, you don't have the freedom that you'd expect in that kind of class. Blah blah blah~
Thanks Ledgem, I feel like I am getting better and all of you guys give me the confidence I so need right now.

And now, a sig that looks sooo colorful that I'm scared.

Lulz, it was so fun to make. I wanted to use that image in a sig but make it funny and silly at the same time. I hope I did okay on it. xD
sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, cheers! IMO, nothings too colorful. gj hakuryu! keep up the creativity.

p.s. those were lyrics from a tide commercial that came to my mind when i saw ur sig
ren_db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 15:38   Link #620
Hakuryu
Klutz

Thanks Ren. Y'know, your colorful sigs kind of inspired me to do that one. ^^

Not a graphic update this time guys but more of a personal one
I got my first job today! I was called in for an interview today and was hired on the spot. I cannot tell you guys how thrilled I am. Although, my first job is in a pizza place, starting on Halloween must be a sign.

Tags