AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-01, 09:31   Link #1081
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

@Psieye : I was trying to say that there was more spoiler stuff in the text. However, I wasn't saying/implying that what you read isn't spoiler for others. I am just saying there was more spoiler stuff there.
Old 2008-04-01, 09:33   Link #1082
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphastickmania View Post
@Psieye : I was trying to say that there was more spoiler stuff in the text. However, I wasn't saying/implying that what you read isn't spoiler for others. I am just saying there was more spoiler stuff there.
Everything you have read beyond the Clocktower and into her family situation is spoiler, yes. I've read the whole thing and got spoilt too - just that I don't care much for being spoiled on most things. Life's too short to try and experience everything first hand, hence why I don't mind being spoilt on things.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-01, 09:42   Link #1083
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Shana (SnS) Hinagiku Katsura (HnG) - When it comes to these two just have to stick with the Flame Haze.
Suigintou (RM) Yuki Nagato (SHnY) - Will take more than Nagato to abandon Gin-sama.
Nanoha Takamachi (NA) Tamaki Kousaka (TH) - White Devil can get some support on this one.
Kyou Fujibayashi (CL) Tsukasa Hiiragi (LS) - Especially after playing the game, came to like Kyou's character. So with this opponent easy call for me.
Mikuru Asahina (SHnY) Nagi Sanzenin (HnG) - Neither was a huge character for me. But will give Mikuru a bit of an edge.
Louise Francoise (ZnT) Rin Tosaka (FSN) - Go for it Rin. Just liked her character through the series.
Horo (SW) Tomoyo Sakagami (CL) - Somewhat difficult. Do like Tomoyo. But after remembering Horo's sadness and loneliness can't just abandon her.
Nayuki Minase (KN) Konata Izumi (LS) - Just my gut going here, Sorry Konata.
Chikaru Minamoto (SP) Souseiseki (RM) - Souseiseki needs a bit of help I think.
Konoka Konoe (NG) Fate Testarossa (NA) - No other option but to support Fate-chan.
Maria (HnG) Aruruu (U) - The cute little sister.
Evangeline McDowell (NG) Kotomi Ichinose (CL) - No problem
Rika Furude (HNKN) Sakura Matou (FSN) - Easy call here. Must support Rika in her fight against the fate of this saimoe.
Nagisa Furukawa (CL) Hanyuu Furude (HNKN) - Hanyuu and Rika are the best of friends. Will help both continue to survive this.
Alice Carroll (ARIA) Mion Sonozaki (HNKN) - Have to help Mion out. Anyone calling her evil doesn't have all the information.
Fuko Ibuki (CL) Saber (FSN) - Let's go Fuko.
Touka (U) Kagami Hiiragi (LS) - After seeing Lucky Star, Kagami's charms shine through.
Sakura Kinomoto (CS) Ayu Tsukimiya (KN) - Have to go with the classic girl.
Yuno (HS) Haruhi Suzumiya (SHnY) - Haruhi has to be supported in this one.
Shinku (RM) Matsuri Shihou (Sola) - Matsuri certainly had her moe moments.
Eri Sawachika (SR) Ayumu Nishizawa (HnG) - Saw many Eri moe moments, so no reason not to vote here.
Setsuna Sakurazaki (NG) Mai Kawasumi (KN) - Interesting matchup, but will give Setsuna a bit of an edge.
Tamao Suzumi (SP) Konomi Yuzuhara (TH) - Gut feeling.
Eruruu (U) Shiori Misaka (KN) - If I help out the younger sister why not support the very moe older sister.
Vita (NA) Teletha Testarossa (FMP) - Staying with the Iron Knight, very brave and moe.
Yue Ayase (NG) Tsuruya (SHnY) - Not a big one personally
Nodoka Miyazaki (NG) Yurie Hitotsubashi (KM) - Give Nodoka the support in this one.
Suiseiseki (RM) Sakura-hime (TC) - Can't abandon the other Sakura.
Tamaki Kawazoe (BB) Ryou Fujibayashi (CL) - Stick with the sisters this time around
Rena Ryuguu (HNKN) Kyon's Sister (SHnY) - Loli in a bad is strong. But that just confirms that Rena is taking her home. And in a handy carrycase to boot .
Sayuri Kurata (KN) Chiaki Minami (M) - May not have been behind her at times but this one is ok.
C.C. (CG) Kiri Komori (SZS) - Just how I feel on this.
Old 2008-04-01, 09:48   Link #1084
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
source image...

in terms of the spoilers, if it's under spoiler tags why not just go all out...
though teh poilers written must have to do with why the character is moe and not just spoilers just for the sake of spoiling...
Old 2008-04-01, 10:03   Link #1085
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Maybe... just maybe (assuming we get spoiler tag code in place) after I finish everyone's bios I could go back and add some extra spoiler information behind tags. Priority is to get something out for everyone over getting something delicious and awesome for a select few. In the meantime, that 'first draft' section on the Wiki bios will have to do for the few I've already written heavy spoilers for before editing.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-01, 10:09   Link #1086
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Listing all the votes would be tl;dr, so I'll just pick some of the ones that gave me pause:

Kyou Fujibayashi (CL) vs Tsukasa Hiiragi (LS) - Okay, not such a hard decision since this is ZT-tsundere-Kyou we're talking about, but I did feel a little sorry for Tsukasa.

Evangeline McDowell (NG) vs Kotomi Ichinose (CL) - Arrg. I ended up siding with Kotomi for various reasons (bare feet, mannerisms, all the "are you going to bully me" scenes), but I do hope Eva does well, too. In the other matches, anyway. Ebil loli that she is. :3

Sakura Kinomoto (CS) vs Ayu Tsukimiya (KN) - Abstain. No hard decision at all, I just wanted to take the time to state that I hate Ayu for some reason--you know, just get that out of the way at the beginning. Figured anti-voting would just be counterproductive (I'm not familiar with CS).

Setsuna Sakurazaki (NG) vs Mai Kawasumi (KN) - Damn. Both fighters, with lesbian subtext between them both. I ended up voting for Setsuna because I find her a more interesting character, and I'm following the manga so she's plenty fresh in my mind. Especially after that recent scene where Asuna helps wash her wings. Surprisingly hot.
Old 2008-04-01, 10:39   Link #1087
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Okay, I have an hour before my next class. What I will do right now is update Hinagiku's profile, look over her Saimoé history (I changed Shana's, so why not?) and update it. As for Suigintou, that may wait until after Engineering class, so around six-ish (EST).

Just one thing to note - Rankings will change radically after this first match - either Shana or Hinagiku will end up ranked in the bottom 32 for this next match, and because of the way tiebreakers work, the third tiebreaker will take effect - vote differential, meaning whoever dominates the most gets #1 for the next match. Once we have more matches under our belt, rankings should be more stablized as we progress throughout the year.

EDIT: Just coming around 11 more hours to go - we have more than 200 votes. Apparently there have been some people checking the site but not taking part in the exhibition matches. Some of the contestants have reached three digits.
Old 2008-04-01, 10:39   Link #1088
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
Nice find. I like.

Nagisa - 02
Shiori - 01
Sakura - 01
Old 2008-04-01, 11:31   Link #1089
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Hinagiku's profile is completed. All other links (still exist, but) have been cut off for the time being.

Will catch class, so I'll be back later. I'm still debating on whether to do Suigintou's profile or whether I should focus on writing a standings explanation along with a spreadsheet to boot.
Old 2008-04-01, 11:54   Link #1090
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Setsuna Sakurazaki (NG) vs Mai Kawasumi (KN) - Damn. Both fighters, with lesbian subtext between them both. I ended up voting for Setsuna because I find her a more interesting character, and I'm following the manga so she's plenty fresh in my mind. Especially after that recent scene where Asuna helps wash her wings. Surprisingly hot.
Their battle made me remember MUGEN game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by About this video
I was asked to redo this vid with no stat changes, so I did ^^ enjoy.

BTW I found something out about Mai_K, SHE DOES NOT HAVE 2 INSTANT KILL MOVES. She has ONLY 1 INSTANT KILLER, BUT she has 2 versions of 1 instant killer. The game selects 1 of the 2 types of the instant killers randomly. Making it LOOK like she has 2 instant kill moves but she really only has 1 instant killer(thank god). Also, this is the old version of Drowin's Setsuna and it's harder than the newer version...
Edited: Wrong clip, sorry...

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2008-04-01 at 12:26.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:00   Link #1091
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Why is there a black border set around Hinagiku's profile picture?
Old 2008-04-01, 12:09   Link #1092
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
My votes:

Nagisa: 01
Shiori: 01
Sakura: 01

I'm glad that the two best Sakura pictures (in my opinion) got chosen, but number one is totally more moe.

So here's what I think of the current situation:
-Sakura, I think, is ready with many good pictures
-We desperately need more for Kyou, even though I actually like #08
-Utawarerumono characters' have a small selection but I already think OceanBlue's works are win
-Negima?! characters need more love
-Rozen Maiden characters need more love (profile-picture-wise)
-Sayuri #03 needs a bit of fade sharpen and it becomes my favorite out of the three

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-01 at 17:58.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:16   Link #1093
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
*in class*

... oops... I forgot. Weebly adds border sets automatically, but you can change it so that there is no border. The default setting is yes for a border. Hold on.

EDIT: Fixed.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:30   Link #1094
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Maybe... just maybe (assuming we get spoiler tag code in place) after I finish everyone's bios I could go back and add some extra spoiler information behind tags. Priority is to get something out for everyone over getting something delicious and awesome for a select few. In the meantime, that 'first draft' section on the Wiki bios will have to do for the few I've already written heavy spoilers for before editing.
Here's my help with the Bio, it was a tad tl;dr for me, so I mainly just corrected sentence structure and shortened it.

Spoiler for Yuki edited Bio:

EDIT: It IS Integrated Data Entity I thought?

EDIT2: IDSE it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Maybe that's the way weebly does things?

Last edited by Fynal_Fyre; 2008-04-01 at 13:16.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:35   Link #1095
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Uh, weebly doesn't have spoiler tag options, so I'm going to have to tell you guys to hold off on those for now. I did put a request for it, though.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:37   Link #1096
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
image hunting results for the day...

i can't believe i'm the first one to put a profile pic of chikaru-sama...

i know there's alreay a final profile pic for her, but i can't waste a good image...

i love rin but saber needs some love too...

kono x setsu ftw
Old 2008-04-01, 12:55   Link #1097
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Don't know if I'll do this every time, but here it is...

Spoiler for My Vote:
Old 2008-04-01, 13:00   Link #1098
Psieye
Lore Hunter

IDSE was what I remember going by when I was on the Baka-Tsuki project (speaking of which, it got closed down it seems). I don't have my Korean edition Haruhi novels handy (they're in a different country right now) to crosscheck.

Will check your feedback once I've eaten dinner etc.

z3phyr, that is a MEGA WIN Kiri image. As for Chikaru-sama, they're excellent but what of the (commonly spammed) "Haruhi Finger" pose?

Old 2008-04-01, 13:04   Link #1099
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
IDSE was what I remember going by when I was on the Baka-Tsuki project (speaking of which, it got closed down it seems). I don't have my Korean edition Haruhi novels handy (they're in a different country right now) to crosscheck.

z3phyr, that is a MEGA WIN Kiri image. As for Chikaru-sama, they're excellent but what of the (commonly spammed) "Haruhi Finger" pose?
Go to the Clannad forum and look at the Clannad Game Translation Project thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=42612&page=22
Old 2008-04-01, 13:07   Link #1100
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:

Well, I honestly don't know...I also can't remember Baka-Tsuki's translations, I haven't been there in a while. Were you a part of the group?

But in the anime itself, I remember it translated as Integrated data entity, so yeah...

And z3phyr's Kiri hath won me over. I salute thee.

Oh, and Psieye, on Baka-Tsuki's page, please view source.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe