AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-02-03, 18:52   Link #461
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen
well ... i would say that KNKF is rather sable and known ... granted they aren't doing it alone but still
Yeah, I downloaded their version of Shuffle. I liked what they did with it. But they're still being shown up by Nameless-Anime's release of a fourth rate show (Kagihime).

I'm not willing to praise anyone at this point. I like what's being released, just am totally unimpressed and feel that the slowness of release is causing this show to not get the discussion it deserves.

KazeNoKoe also has the fact that they start shows and don't finish them. This is a MAJOR negative in my opinion.

I'd like to feel more positive about this, but I can't...
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 19:15   Link #462
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
I do wonder: is this series rather unpopular here on Asuki?
It should pick up if we get a steady stream of fan-subs. The momentum is gone at the moment. I don't think anyone is expecting Kashimashi to be as popular as some series, but I think it'll attract a select group of intellectually inclined anime viewers with a passion for well acted drama, absurdity and boob jokes.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 19:37   Link #463
Shin_Battousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
Well good for them. Unfortunately, they just sprung up and noone knows who the hell they are from Adam.
Well i guess that's because a lot of people would just go by the group name when they see a release. Though i don't know how good there release is(haven't gotten a chance to download it yet and it may even be the best version to get), i think as they release more and as word spreads around, more people will know. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case as there are other fansub groups that have been formed like this like Eclipse, which also happens to have SCR512 as well but that's beside the point ^^
Shin_Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 19:50   Link #464
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
It should pick up if we get a steady stream of fan-subs. The momentum is gone at the moment. I don't think anyone is expecting Kashimashi to be as popular as some series, but I think it'll attract a select group of intellectually inclined anime viewers with a passion for well acted drama, absurdity and boob jokes.
I can only hope...

The main reason I was concerned is that the episode discussion threads seem very dead. I mean, I understand if there is a lack of subs for the newer episodes, but theres not a single reply in the episode 2 thread...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 20:12   Link #465
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
but theres not a single reply in the episode 2 thread...
True, but most of Episode 2 was discussed in this thread prior to the sub-forum creation, so I think that Episode has been beaten to death. You're more than welcome to add to that thread if you have something meaningful to say about Episode 2.

I think we'll get a good measure of this show’s fandom when and/or if fan-subs for Episode 3 & 4 show up (and the rest on a regular basis)...the show is really starting to triangulate and the drama is ramping (not to mention the lunacy). Like I said…I doubt that this show will ever have the large following that other shows have, but I do believe it will be respectable and that those that follow the show will watch it.
Old 2006-02-03, 21:34   Link #466
GammaRed

[QUOTE= I think we'll get a good measure of this show’s fandom when and/or if fan-subs for Episode 3 & 4 show up (and the rest on a regular basis)...the show is really starting to triangulate and the drama is ramping (not to mention the lunacy). Like I said…I doubt that this show will ever have the large following that other shows have, but I do believe it will be respectable and that those that follow the show will watch it.[/QUOTE]

I totaly agree with this, there is still only a few fansubs avalabul. I hurd about this anime from Newtype-USA and where I live Newtype-USA is only sold in comic stores. I did not really find anything else out about the series untill I went looking. Also word of mouth advertiseing hasnt had alot of time to get going. With more content avlabul more people will be exposed, and the fanbase will be able to be mesured much easyer.

I am sorta new to this forum posting so please forgive any foxpa I make.

I know that I will watch it and follow this forum closely. This is one of the first shows in a long time that I have been genuinely excited to see, flaws and all.
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 21:51   Link #467
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaRed
I am sorta new to this forum posting so please forgive any foxpa I make.
Hey, welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay. Cheers.
Old 2006-02-03, 21:53   Link #468
GammaRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
A few avatars from Episode 3. None of these are really all the spoiler-ish, but I hid them just in case. I did cut a few others up, but they were a bit to perverted for our forums (or so I thought).
I hope you dont mind, but I would like to use one of these avitars... *hopefull smile*
Old 2006-02-03, 22:26   Link #469
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
I hope you dont mind, but I would like to use one of these avitars... *hopefull smile*
Sure. Feel free to use any of them.
Old 2006-02-03, 23:38   Link #470
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
I'll have to agree with everyone else. Without the subs it's hard to follow this show. I've been trying to watch the raws but then the drama is lost and the "boob jokes" look mindless at best and sickening at worst. That little scene with Hazumu's dad in episode 4 came close to killing this show for me.
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 23:51   Link #471
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
I'll have to agree with everyone else. Without the subs it's hard to follow this show. I've been trying to watch the raws but then the drama is lost and the "boob jokes" look mindless at best and sickening at worst. That little scene with Hazumu's dad in episode 4 came close to killing this show for me.
Um...for the critisizing of the jokes and dad, was that part of the reason caused by the lack of fansub or is it really critisizing the show itself? Im confused since you mentioned things like:"I agree with everyone else" but linked it all together with the fansub line.

So, from that I suppose the jokes and dad part was a critisizing of the show itself and not due to lack of fansubs for newer episodes?
Old 2006-02-04, 01:33   Link #472
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
Well good for them. Unfortunately, they just sprung up and noone knows who the hell they are from Adam.
Onee-nii-sama is the project name I chose for our release. Project in the sense that we all have "home groups" but we came together for Kashimashi under this moniker as a way to simply things. (Rather than listing half a dozen group tags) I find this way works well. (SEED-fansubs and Mithril for example) The name probably won't be used for any other series then, but who knows.

RaistlinMajere, tellu54, and myself have all been involved in fansubbing for 4+ years. thepeon and SCR512 you would have to ask them how long, but I'm sure it's over a year at least.

I have every intention of finishing Kashimashi, and the delay in our release of ep1 is a direct result of a number of unfortunate and uncontrollable circumstances that cropped up in the last 2 weeks. Things should come along smoothly from now on, and we intend to catch up ASAP without sacrificing release quality.

FYI I would greatly appreciate peoples comments on our release of Ep1, either PM me on IRC, here on Asuki, or post comments on Anime-planet. This is my first project to lead on and translate as well, so let me know what you think we need to improve on. Also, how has everyones experiences been with getting the file to play? I intend to continue releasing an x264 version, but I'm open to considering an xvid release as well if it's really that much of a problem. (It played for me with both the latest CCCP and CoreAVC, so I don't perceive it as being a problem, but you never know)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 02:21   Link #473
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Quote:
Um...for the critisizing of the jokes and dad, was that part of the reason caused by the lack of fansub or is it really critisizing the show itself? Im confused since you mentioned things like:"I agree with everyone else" but linked it all together with the fansub line.

So, from that I suppose the jokes and dad part was a critisizing of the show itself and not due to lack of fansubs for newer episodes?
I'm saying that with the lack of subs I have to take the jokes visually in the raws which makes them come off in fairly poor taste.
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 05:18   Link #474
GammaRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
FYI I would greatly appreciate peoples comments on our release of Ep1
I would be glad to download it, but I am not sure what version of the Ep1 is yours. I have only been able to find [KnKF-Doreme] fansubs. If you can direct me to where I might get a copy of your file I would gladly give any input I have on the quality of your work.

*smiles warmly*
Old 2006-02-04, 05:44   Link #475
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
I would be glad to download it, but I am not sure what version of the Ep1 is yours. I have only been able to find [KnKF-Doreme] fansubs. If you can direct me to where I might get a copy of your file I would gladly give any input I have on the quality of your work.
All the Kashimashi fansubs available via BitTorrent are listed on AnimeSuki, specifically here on the Kashimashi page.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 06:09   Link #476
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
I'm saying that with the lack of subs I have to take the jokes visually in the raws which makes them come off in fairly poor taste.
Ah ok, now that makes sense.
Old 2006-02-04, 06:17   Link #477
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I agree on the lack of subs pattern. While for certain lighter and more predictable series (i.e. Suzuka, Futakoi .. are the first coming to my mind) the subs do help but somehow I could clearly understood the general feeling/sense anyway, Kashimashi delivers a set of deeper situations, thus I don't feel myself like unbalancing, without having seen a subbed version before.
That's while personally I'm still stuck on episode 2.

As it was already said, eps 1 and 2 were discerned on the general discussion already, and I think that with the release of fansubbed ep.3 this forum should get a bit more lively.

Fate/stay night is not comparable to this, imho, in terms of general interest/marketing etc. etc. , but if you look closely, on the half of the week, it has not all this flood of posting either (here on AS).
It reaches its peek on the weekend, with new episode airing, then dilute until next weekend. And on that half ot the week, the interest is mostly kept high by the the image/signatures/avatar posting and discussing (Lol, don't really know why but I feel a bit responsible for that ).
For Kashimashi that cannot happen as for now, due to lack of scans and images reperible here and there. I think they would help too, eventually.

By the way. I'm curious on what the Kashimashi trend will be, once that the situation will get stable and settled
Old 2006-02-05, 03:44   Link #478
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

another reason why F/SN can't be compaired with Kashimashi is that there was this big talk around F/SN a lot of time before it aired, whereas Kashimashi was largely unnoticed untill someone started subbing
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 14:47   Link #479
NeoSam

The first DVD of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ will be released on 26/4/2006.

Here's the cover:

Old 2006-02-28, 19:44   Link #480
Venire

Cute cover.

I began watching this series during monday, and immediately got attached to the romantic mood, a good reason for devouring the 6 episodes subbed as of now. A show of true love... And beats F/Sn, for that matter. The writing in F/Sn isn't the most original, and the animation has been disappointing for the first 7 episodes. But then again, I might be a sucker for this emotional side of anime; ever since I watched Aria, I got addicted to the positive feelings given by mellow series.

KnKF&Doremi is doing an excellent work for the series. Can't wait for ep07!
Venire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri