AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-11, 22:34   Link #61
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
To create a new thread for EP5 when the game actually comes out
I'd like to support this idea. Would it be possible to create a Spoiler-only thread for EP5 of the VN (i.e. no discussion allowed)? The current thread has become far too large, and if spoilers are posted there, it'll most likely just explode and finding the spoilers will be really difficult.
Old 2009-08-12, 10:05   Link #62
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Well
My idea was originally a thread to discuss the game, with actual material to discuss about (cleanly), without chit-chats of 'Oh, X is so cute!', 'I want this and that!', 'Will track Y be used?' and the likes.

That thread is already a big mess (2ch?Twitter? )

Well
That's what you get when things get popular
Old 2009-08-12, 10:33   Link #63
Volcanic
fire of fires

Thinking about that whole off-topic thing in the EP5 thread, I was thinking about having a "random Umineko chit-chat" thread, maybe one for the games and one for the anime.

Theacefrehley! You know a Witch Hunt Twitter would be awesome!
Old 2009-08-12, 12:04   Link #64
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, hell no. As stated in our forum rules, we do not allow ANY kind of "chit chat" or anything of that sort. If you need a chat, it would be better for everyone to use a said chat room or IRC channel.
Because of this, I'm thinking about nuking the current Episode 5 thread to make a new one which should be solely destined for discussion REGARDING Episode 5.

The way how Episode 5 thread went was absolutely not as intended and I think rules will be enforced further.
There is a fine line between speculations and randoms comments/private jokes.
Old 2009-08-12, 12:21   Link #65
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, hell no. As stated in our forum rules, we do not allow ANY kind of "chit chat" or anything of that sort. If you need a chat, it would be better for everyone to use a said chat room or IRC channel.
Because of this, I'm thinking about nuking the current Episode 5 thread to make a new one which should be solely destined for discussion REGARDING Episode 5.

The way how Episode 5 thread went was absolutely not as intended and I think rules will be enforced further.
There is a fine line between speculations and randoms comments/private jokes.
Ah, alright. I haven't read those rules in awhile...*goes to brush up*
Old 2009-08-12, 16:53   Link #66
Used Can

Quote:
I don't think that's a bad idea. Anyway, I don't want to appear as annoying, but what about the possibility of a spoiler-only thread? The reason why I'm being persistent about this is because I've seen this done in another forum once, and it worked quite nicely. Compared to say, the spoiler threads back in the days of Code Geass or Gundam 00 in which you had to check like 20 pages to be able to find a spoiler.

If it's possible to do a thread like that, please try considering it.
Old 2009-08-12, 17:36   Link #67
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Anyway, I don't want to appear as annoying, but what about the possibility of a spoiler-only thread?
Spoiler only thread?

We have the [Anime] Umineko - Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced VN readers only) thread. Not sure why you would need something other than that.
Old 2009-08-13, 23:58   Link #68
Used Can

I was thinking of a spoiler-only thread for Ep5 of the VN. Also, with spoiler-only I meant a thread in which users cannot post anything other than spoilers - discussions can be carried out in the current Ep5 thread. This way, those who want to read the spoilers won't have to check over tens of pages.

In the end, it's only a suggestion I'm making because I've seen this been done before, and I thought it worked nicely.
Old 2009-08-14, 00:07   Link #69
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I was thinking of a spoiler-only thread for Ep5 of the VN. Also, with spoiler-only I meant a thread in which users cannot post anything other than spoilers - discussions can be carried out in the current Ep5 thread. This way, those who want to read the spoilers won't have to check over tens of pages.

In the end, it's only a suggestion I'm making because I've seen this been done before, and I thought it worked nicely.
in other words a summary of what has happened? Wouldn't that just be like 1 post per episode? Either that or a ton of overlapping posts?
Old 2009-08-14, 23:40   Link #70
Used Can

Not necessarily, because people may find different sets of spoilers. You know, bits here and there. I don't think we'll get an actual summary until some time later.
Old 2009-08-15, 04:03   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I changed how the threads should go, in a different direction:

[Game] Umineko - Spoilers and speculations: this thread shall serve for everyone who wish to make theories and the like with any information that was retrieved recently (from any media). This will allow everyone to actually focus all theories that were scattered around several threads (even in the anime thread for some bizarre reason).

[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 5 End of the golden witch: this thread should host only posts regarding the episode itself: elements, facts, reviews, comments and the like.

Thus, this will ensure that the first spoiler will be a place for people to speculate with their heart content, while the second should have a more "factual" content.
Creating a "spoiler" thread with solely spoiler from Episode 5 wouldn't practical, since by itself comments and reviews would be a spoiler, so the category of such thread is off.
On the other hand, the stream of so many posts we have seen in the old episode 5 thread are actually a sheer amount of spoilers and speculations.
Old 2009-08-15, 13:15   Link #72
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
I changed how the threads should go, in a different direction:

[Game] Umineko - Spoilers and speculations: this thread shall serve for everyone who wish to make theories and the like with any information that was retrieved recently (from any media). This will allow everyone to actually focus all theories that were scattered around several threads (even in the anime thread for some bizarre reason).

Though, if you do that to this thread, won't people who "speculate" with the "anime" as their foundation/background knowledge be essentially "spoiled" by those who have "game" foundations/background knowledge? In other words, if i wanted to slap down my "theory" for what is happening in Episode II of the anime, and i go in there and read the post after mine thinking that it might be about MY post, and instead get spoiled by someone who has already seen episode II and goes "Since we already saw Beato hugging battler in episode II, this must mean..."

You know what i mean? I'm just curious, is setting up this thread like this suggest that you don't want any more speculations/theories AT ALL in the actual anime episode thread? Because then i feel like people have no where to express their speculations without the possibility of getting spoiled by someone who has already played the game :\...
Old 2009-08-15, 13:24   Link #73
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thread has absolutely not the purpose of being used by anime only watchers.
This is really the most spoilerish thread that should be used for everyone who have access to all content, or for those who wants all the spoilers.

And you are forgetting that this thread does NOT take the purpose of
[Anime] Umineko - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers and [Anime] Umineko - Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced VN readers only).
This is why I tagged [game] for the newly created spoiler thread.

I absolutely don't see the problem you are exposing, especially that I did mention that speculations and theories should be left in any of the 2 threads I've linked, depending of the content, NOT in anime episode thread (they are solely destined for comments, critics, etc).
Old 2009-08-24, 22:48   Link #74
Marion
The Great Dine

Since a lot of people have been requesting links to them I suggest a sticky thread with all the 'extra TIPs' translations assembled? Some of these TIPs are for fun and nonsensical (stakes valentine, beato's white day) but other ones are vital to understanding characters and getting more depth into the story (Tanabata day, Gohda's handbook).
Old 2009-08-27, 16:28   Link #75
kite11

Extra tips thread?

Just a suggestion, how about either putting the extra tips into a thread or put it in the already created tips thread? (Although that might not work, cause anime only people would get spoiled) I know that the tips are floating around the board, but I can't find them. (I really want to review the anti-fantasy vs. anti-mystery letter cause ep5 threw a curveball)

Oops, sorry Marion, didn't notice your post, but I agree with you

Last edited by kite11; 2009-08-27 at 16:30. Reason: someone posted same idea
Old 2009-08-28, 04:33   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Regarding the extra tips, I'm trying to think a way to avoid exposing them to the anime watchers.
Furthermore, considering most tips are from different source, it might be a problem regarding the consistent translation method between each of them, as making a linking post isn't exactly a good idea.
Old 2009-08-28, 10:32   Link #77
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Regarding the extra tips, I'm trying to think a way to avoid exposing them to the anime watchers.
Furthermore, considering most tips are from different source, it might be a problem regarding the consistent translation method between each of them, as making a linking post isn't exactly a good idea.
You could just put it as a game thread ([Game] Extra Tips)
Old 2009-09-01, 03:58   Link #78
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Hello. I'm requesting a "derivate Umineko works" thread, or a similar thread.

The purpose behind this is, well; for me, I'm writing an English fan side-story for Umineko, which can also be read ingame. It consists on 3 "parts" (or chapters, you may call).

The first part, Shattered is done. It is about 30~ minutes of reading. I have the links, readme files and disclaimers ready. But I didn't want to announce that on [Translation Project], because that thread was made spesificly for Witch-Hunt.

I'm sure there are other people who like writing alternate storylines for existing games, and Umineko would be the perfect one for it.
[For mods; you may check Shattered at here.]

I'm willing to answer all questions regarding storywriting (I'm definetaly not a professional myself), and on how to adjust them to the game (If allowed), or anything related about the matter, at the "Derivate work" topic.
Old 2009-09-01, 08:16   Link #79
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

^- I support this.

The image/fan art thread is way too crowded to allow anything else. So a thread made exclusively for derivative works such fan fictions and the likes is not a bad idea.

Old 2009-09-01, 11:32   Link #80
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Derivate works should be made in the Fan Creations sub-forum.