AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-09, 21:45   Link #1081
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That sounds suspiciously like damage control on your part, man.

If he heard it from a blog though, it's automatically crap until we hear something official.
Check here about 2/5ths of the way down the page. Tis blog post.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-09, 21:55   Link #1082
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I don't believe it..
Old 2010-02-09, 22:00   Link #1083
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

doubtful, if there is something KyoAni knows how to do is how to milk a franchise
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-02-09, 22:33   Link #1084
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Check here about 2/5ths of the way down the page. Tis blog post.
Then it's probably a "is this the end of the franchise?" speculation post.

I have doubts Kadokawa will ever end this, with the money it's been proven to make...

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-02-10 at 21:30.
Old 2010-02-10, 00:01   Link #1085
bayoab

If I'm reading it right, it's not saying this is the end of the series but this is the grand climax of everything that they had planned out under the "Melancholy of Haruhi". That is, if this were a fireworks show, this is the grand finale of this one and you have to wait to see (if/)when they put on the next one.
Old 2010-02-10, 07:17   Link #1086
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Let's give KyoAni some credit... it all worked out in the end... well, this time anyway...

But seriously, they wouldn't pull another E8... would they?

They took a shot with E8... had the movie as a safety net.

Well, I guess they could follow that pattern... but they wouldn't right?
Old 2010-02-10, 08:10   Link #1087
Rungelunge

Sorry I forgot to put the source and thank you ultimatemegax for the link.

The person from the blog has put this on the comments:
Quote:
ぽん兄さん、こんばんは~。
長文読んでくれてありがとうございます。
消失、凄い面白かったですよね。
TVシリーズ第3期、放送して欲しい俺がいる。
At first I thought this blog was about Aya Hirano news and that she confirmed it was her last Haruhi performance. That's what I understood with my poor english and the google tranlation.
Old 2010-02-10, 08:14   Link #1088
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

WHAT!

Noooooooooooooo!

D:

That can't be!
Old 2010-02-10, 08:36   Link #1089
Rungelunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
WHAT!

Noooooooooooooo!

D:

That can't be!
Don't worry. I think bayoab is right. This maybe is the end for "Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" TV series. If there are more seasons to come they will have another title.
Old 2010-02-10, 08:45   Link #1090
bayoab

I believe these would be official numbers:
60306 people, 89010100 yen, 1476 yen/ticket, 3700000 yen per theater, 70% capacity
Old 2010-02-10, 08:51   Link #1091
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
I believe these would be official numbers:
60306 people, 89010100 yen, 1476 yen/ticket, 3700000 yen per theater, 70% capacity
Wonderful news. I'm glad to see that it did so well. It beat my estimated amount by 5%. Thanks for finding these numbers!

Old 2010-02-10, 09:43   Link #1092
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
Don't worry. I think bayoab is right. This maybe is the end for "Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" TV series. If there are more seasons to come they will have another title.
They milked Melancholy long enough, now it's time for them to create another cash cow! Seeing how the movie is such a big hit so far, it's good to end the title on a high note. After all, the later volumes introduced more and more new characters, and it's high time they changed the title (or simply add a byline to it, anyways).

I have a feeling they're just phrasing it that way to troll fans. Et tu, Hirano?
Old 2010-02-10, 11:53   Link #1093
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Amazon finally posted the cover for the Official Guidebook for the Disappearance movie today. I've put it under a spoiler bar since the picture is immense (and I had to resize the original too!).
Spoiler:

After seeing scans of a prior guidebook, I'm incredibly tempted to order this one. It's due out on the 25th in Japan.

Old 2010-02-10, 12:09   Link #1094
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Amazon finally posted the cover for the Official Guidebook for the Disappearance movie today. I've put it under a spoiler bar since the picture is immense (and I had to resize the original too!).
Spoiler:

After seeing scans of a prior guidebook, I'm incredibly tempted to order this one. It's due out on the 25th in Japan.
Now I know what to set aside my New Year money for. No details on what will be inside yet? I'm hoping for production shots other than the animation shots, and maybe pictures of the seiyuus too *Cough*Minorin*Cough*
Old 2010-02-10, 12:13   Link #1095
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Now I know what to set aside my New Year money for. No details on what will be inside yet? I'm hoping for production shots other than the animation shots, and maybe pictures of the seiyuus too *Cough*Minorin*Cough*
From the product listing at Amazon:
"Completely covering the story of the movie. Creation materials, cast and staff interviews, etc. Your one formal tour guide to the Disappearance in its entirety."

Old 2010-02-10, 12:19   Link #1096
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
"Completely covering the story of the movie. Creation materials, cast and staff interviews, etc. Your one formal tour guide to the Disappearance in its entirety."
Alrighty, that settles it. Definitely getting it. At 1260 yen it's a bargain, in my opinion. Hope there's a pre-order bonus somewhere in there too
Old 2010-02-10, 16:28   Link #1097
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Alrighty, that settles it. Definitely getting it. At 1260 yen it's a bargain, in my opinion. Hope there's a pre-order bonus somewhere in there too
I would totally buy it even if I dont know much japanese. Alrighty, time to find friends that has paypal or credit card.
Old 2010-02-10, 17:39   Link #1098
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceLincoln View Post
any word on if/when we'll get an english release, and if it'll be theatrical or straight to dvd/tv?
I don't even think it's been confirmed that the movie is licensed for an English release yet? My guess, though, is next winter at the earliest, since they seem to announce dubs and things around the time of DVD release. Theatrical vs DVD release will probably depend on how the new episodes from the reairing do.

I'm sort of biased for a Dec 2010 date because of the way so much always happens in December, and also because that's my best guess for when the novel will be out in English, and it'd make for more interesting marketing opportunities.
Old 2010-02-10, 20:08   Link #1099
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Then it's probably a "is this the end of the franchise?" speculation post.

I have doubt Kadokawa will ever end this, with the money it's been proven to make...
I don't think this ended the Haruhi TV series. Mostly what the guy said that, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya has ended. Since Kyoani made lots of money with The Disappearance Movie. I'm hoping that Kyoani will make a third season and tilted it as : The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya. Also,l think they might ended the franchised with a third season or an OVA. I hope The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie comes to North America!!
Old 2010-02-10, 21:01   Link #1100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Given how...

1) Haruhi 2009, for all its drawbacks, still sold better than the vast majority of anime out there, and...

2) This movie is doing quite well.

I don't see any logical reason, really, for there not to be more animated Haruhi. I have to imagine that it's quite profitable for KyoAni and Kadokawa.

Tags
science fiction, shounen