AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 19:21   Link #301
kuromitsu

Spoiler for episode 5:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:54   Link #302
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

With subs out, I won't spoiler this. Let me know if that's the wrong approach.

I loved ep5. Almost too much happened. The first encounter was a bit more of the same. But the last part was fairly thrilling. "Don't let her become me because humans will be destroyed." The goddess is always a hit with me, especially with Tanaka Rie's voice, definitely like a voice from another world here (or from another show, lol). I'm thinking that Sagara-sensei somehow wants the goddess to return, whatever the effect on humanity.

Personally, I find it very easy to sympathize with Izumiko. She is insecure and nervous, but with strength at her core. I don't like seeing her fall in love with a guy who (sometimes) bosses her around so much, but I can still enjoy her dawning feelings. And I always enjoy Hayamin's voice. I like the ED more and more.

That make-up was okay, since it was performance make-up to the taste of a kabuki master, not make-up for daily life. I like the powerful people who keep emerging from the shadows here. As long as we steer clear of "threat of the week." kuromitsu makes good points, but I'm still riding the wave here. We just need to keep making some progress, both in plot and in feelings.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 16:46   Link #303
HandofFate

Episode 5 felt a lot longer than 24 minutes. It was like I just finished watching a movie.

The pacing of the series so far makes it feel like I'm watching a book being read.

The 'fight' in the beginning was amusing. I really enjoy the different spiritual jutsus that show up in anime, and its cool seeing them all come together in one school.

Interesting how Sagara reasons the triplets didn't mind letting their secret out because the triplets judged themselves to be stronger than Sagara & Izumiko. And that if they found out the truth, they might turn to enemies. I think I kind of got confused which of the triplets is real and which is a divine spirit....

We finally find out the reason for the school and the meaning of the title inside an episode itself instead of just a caption in the beginning.

The goddess coming out again was fun. I'm kind of curious now too see what will happen if Izumiko is made the goddess lol. Do it!

Izumiko needs to stop doing that dance, bad things always pop up afterwards lol.

Wasn't big on the shadow student president side, I really get annoyed at those kind of things and their shenanigans.
Old 2013-04-15, 16:51   Link #304
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Seems like the reason the goddess said that Izumiko would be the last vessel is finally revealed. Also, the bit after the credits show things are heating up between the two.
Old 2013-04-15, 21:22   Link #305
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Love ep 5. I like how Masumi ass whipped bob hair boy so bad that he'll be scarred for life. Izumiko and Miyuki just advanced to another level in their relationship. They took turn to get jealous. Ain't they sweet or what. It's so nice to be young....
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 22:04   Link #306
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow the Goddess showing up like that and it seem that there some Traps coming into play
Old 2013-04-16, 01:48   Link #307
garbage

man I'm getting quite addicted to that ending wonder when full versions will come out.

anyway ep5 was really packed. The fight with Takayanagi was one sided, guess he was too full with himself. Masumi-kun is the real power here, and the one doing the fighting ( including the devouring of the shiki spirit at the end, they're just making it seem Manatsu is the one doing it, as said by Manatasu. Takayanagi was just stupid, or at least not in the izumiko power level tier to understand or see what was happening, he was only able to feel a spirit hanging around the "twins". Anyway that made it doubly funny how Matsumi (gusied as Manatsu) was slapping takayanagi around. ^^

Yukimasa is as creepy as ever, I always feel uneasy whenever Izumiko is with him. Miyuki regressed once again in his presence, which is IDK weird...but at least he was going forward there at the end with that admission, and blush.....

Finally Honoka ( he is a boy right??? trap?) and the Real president Hodaka, more shadowy characters, with their secret agendas,nice he got told off by Himegami ( you're not the real judge! )... yey! Maho appeared again...oops., loved how she uses Sonata.... Anyway she finally revealed why Izumiko would be the last, cause she will destroy humanity if she gets re-created once again. So it falls on Miyuki & Izumiko to fulfill her wish , but they will be going against those in power like Yukimasa... oh well lets see what happens next.
Old 2013-04-16, 06:28   Link #308
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:26   Link #309
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
Yukimasa is as creepy as ever, I always feel uneasy whenever Izumiko is with him. Miyuki regressed once again in his presence, which is IDK weird...
I don't know, I think it's obvious by now that he has huge, HUGE issues wrt Yukimasa, and he feels much more at ease when daddy is not around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
Finally Honoka ( he is a boy right??? trap?)
No, she's a girl. Apparently she just prefers wearing the boys' uniform.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:15   Link #310
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I don't know, I think it's obvious by now that he has huge, HUGE issues wrt Yukimasa, and he feels much more at ease when daddy is not around.
Well, if it's true that Yukimasa has abused him since he was a child, I can see why he would develop all sort of issues about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
No, she's a girl. Apparently she just prefers wearing the boys' uniform.
A reverse trap. That's even better.

EDIT: who put a "seinen" tag on this thread? The novel is from a general-audience label, and it obviously leans towards a female audience. And the manga adaptation is from a shounen imprint. The anime is just anime. It's not seinen at all.
Old 2013-04-23, 15:19   Link #311
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep6. Some strong moments, such as the discussion with the club leaders. I'm beginning to enjoy Miyuki, and understand his intensity and sometimes nastiness. He's insecure, but aggressive by nature. I hope we get more definition in this weekly string of conflicts. Does it all work together or not?

But for me, it is our heroine's character that carries the show. Weak, strong, ignorant, determined, able, incapable. The punch bowl sequence was handled beautifully, ending up with her floating out to see Masumi. As usual, there is more to her than it seems.

I love the ED, which is written and sung by Itou Masumi, who also wrote and sang such theme music as the Haibane Renmei ED, Koe Kaze ED, and Zettai Shounen ED. But it turns out that she also goes by the pseudonym of Nanase Hikaru, under which she has written the BGM for many shows, including Scrapped Princess, Canaan, Noein, Requiem for the Phantom, Hiiro no Kakera, etc. Here's a music video of hers.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2013-04-24 at 12:28.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 00:11   Link #312
HandofFate

Episode 6 was good.
Full of content. It balanced the leisure time well, while at the same time setting things up and providing info on what's going on.

Izumiko getting drunk was funny. Wasn't sure if her floating around was actually her, or if she astral projecting around. The conversation with the 3rd sibling was mysterious.

The end of the episode left on a strong cliff-hanger. Really curious how Mayuri will react if Izumiko goes into goddess mode.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:43   Link #313
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Slowly but surely, RDG is staking its claim to be one of the top shows of the Spring, just as I expected.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 08:21   Link #314
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, if it's true that Yukimasa has abused him since he was a child, I can see why he would develop all sort of issues about him.
I think it's more than abuse. (I'm almost thinking that the abuse issue is overrated in this case. He is a monk after all. Dad been telling the truth so far about Miyuki (status and strength wise).) Miyuki's complaining about dad not having a steady job almost like he wished that dad was at home more often.

And... dad is the one that gets the female attention more of the 2.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:28   Link #315
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Though Mayura points out that Miyuki is constantly being asked out by girls at Houjou and turns them all down, so I doubt that's a factor.

I think episode 6 is pretty spectacular, even in SD. Gorgeous visuals, increasingly interesting main couple, intriguing plot, best ED of the season. Amazing how the series is able to do so much with no sensation of hurrying, like a big cat languidly covering ground.
Old 2013-04-24, 09:04   Link #316
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Though Mayura points out that Miyuki is constantly being asked out by girls at Houjou and turns them all down, so I doubt that's a factor.
There's constantly being asked out and then there's dad's level. Dad is close to rock star level attraction. Miyuki is "normal" attractive guy level.
Old 2013-04-24, 09:21   Link #317
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Normal guys are constantly asked out by girls?

In any event, there's no evidence whatsoever that popularity with babes has any role whatsoever in Miyuki's seemingly justifiable anger at his father. There are plenty of other good reasons that require nothing more than taking the events on-screen at face value.
Old 2013-04-24, 11:49   Link #318
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Normal guys are constantly asked out by girls?
Yes, in anime "normal" good looking guys are constantly asked out. Now the quality of the girls are questionable if they already know that he's "engaged" to Izumiko. He could be getting notes from all the "sluts" in the school.
Old 2013-04-24, 12:01   Link #319
Ridwan

So this finally starts to look like an Ogiwara's story.
Old 2013-04-24, 17:09   Link #320
kuromitsu

Oh, I almost forgot about episode 6... There was some really nice direction in this episode, both visually and musically.

The plot thickens which is good, I like the added layer to the power struggles within the school, and also Mayura emerging as a leader who may have genuine affection for Izumiko but also follows her own interests. I wish we had seen more of Takayanagi since his defeat - he's supposed to be uber powerful, but the Souda triplets (okay, Masumi) kicked his ass so thoroughly I thought he wasn't such a big deal after all. (Perhaps he was just tricked by Masumi's true identity, though if he really is such a huge deal perhaps he should've noticed he was a spirit earlier...)

I still have no special feelings for Miyuki and Izumiko, but I hope getting more deeply involved in the plot will be good for them.

Damn, the Souda family house. I wholeheartedly agree with Izumiko, I'd love to live in such a house (and such a place!).

By the way, as for Miyuki's (Shinkou! XD that made me laugh) issues with Yukimasa, I think they're more along the lines of his (perceived or real) lack of power/competence.

Tags
fantasy, p.a. works, school life, seinen, shoujo