AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 8 18.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 16.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 9.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-22, 10:58   Link #21
shiro83

Too many questions unanswered...

Silver wheel? How did Oland get his enhanced body? ...
Old 2007-03-22, 15:20   Link #22
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Has there been definitive annoucements about a second season? If yes, then I guess I'll force myself to somehow swallow this last episode. If no, however, then this is one of the worst concluding episodes I have ever seen of any anime.
Old 2007-03-22, 16:13   Link #23
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Right at the end after all the credits it said

"So we may me again".

That is basically saying, new season. But we won't see anything for months, I mean it did JUST end.

I was disappointed though. I was wanting a big ass tank to come in and for him to go into his biggest badass mode yet.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:27   Link #24
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rphen21 View Post
if this series was compared to a meal what we saw was just the appetizer i just hope the main course(second season) will not take too long

its really funny how overprotective the second to the eldest sister is
Agreed she really is overprotective and i couldnt see her approving of a relationship between Oland and Alice very easily
Old 2007-03-22, 18:39   Link #25
issei

this season can be summed up as an introduction to the world of pumpkin scissors and the unit's role in the post-war conflict between the nobility and the commoners; presumably, the second season will pick up on all of the foundation set in the first and focus on pumpkin scissors' role in the greater conflict within the military and government.

this ending episode itself was satisfying, mostly as an arc-ender as others have mentioned, but throughout the series, the pacing felt very uneven. the series really only stepped into its own in a few episodes and in this, the final arc of the first season (and even in this last arc, there were places i felt the directors misstepped). there's so much material here that any gaps in the narrative are a disappointment, and i hope that the second season doesn't make the same mistakes that the first did.

and...if there isn't a second season, then this series completely undershot the vast potential of its premise and characters.
Old 2007-03-22, 19:10   Link #26
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

At the end is the sentence "Till the next", so am I wrong in hoping that Pumpkin Scissors WILL have a second season, or at least another anime set in the same universe, continuing where PS left off?
Old 2007-03-24, 16:44   Link #27
andrew86

That was a pretty good episode, in my opinion. They definitely could have cut the crying and resolution of the peasants a little bit to make more room for some other, more interesting plot. Though, I definitely think that there is going to be a second season. The silver wheel's real plot hasn't been exposed yet and we still have 6 of the invisible 9 squads to reveal.
Old 2007-03-26, 09:22   Link #28
belino

So it was a good episode after all, it showed us the meaning of justice blabla, but we all expect a second season to explain many things.

I'm not good in japanese or also understand the language, but in the end, there was some red kanji that I GUESS points the beginning of second season... July if I'm not wrong, had someone had the same idea as me?
Old 2007-03-29, 15:53   Link #29
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
What a stupid way to end the series. Half hanging, making mockery of viewers. What is this?

Why do they animate if the manga is not even finished yet. What the f*ck.

Yes, I am pissed.
Old 2007-04-18, 10:48   Link #30
Hunter Nin.

A really good episode, looks like the series is just beginning though so can't wait for season 2.
Old 2007-04-26, 17:10   Link #31
Ryoichi
Wild Dreamer

I just saw the episode and I felt that I was left without an ending, and that baisically killed me inside. Of course I usually over react on these things and always wish that a series never ends. However, if Pumpkin Scissors does in fact end without a new season, I'm gonna feel a wee bit empty inside
Old 2007-07-29, 04:09   Link #32
kamikazex

wow totally missed out. should've watched earlier very good series
Old 2007-10-13, 04:40   Link #33
CrisisDarkerXIV

There has to be another season, or it'll totally shred Pumpkin Scissors up. I'm hoping to see less scaredy-cat Orland, and see more"Blue-Lantern" Orland.
Old 2007-10-13, 04:44   Link #34
CrisisDarkerXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
What a stupid way to end the series. Half hanging, making mockery of viewers. What is this?

Why do they animate if the manga is not even finished yet. What the f*ck.

Yes, I am pissed.
"Why animate if the manga is not even finished yet?" Hmmm... let's see, Naruto manga isn't finished yet, Bleach isn't finished yet, seriously. Think before you write something.

Mockery? No, it's just you and your impatience.
And who said it was finished?
Old 2007-10-13, 04:50   Link #35
CrisisDarkerXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroitenshi83 View Post
Too many questions unanswered...

Silver wheel? How did Oland get his enhanced body? ...
You can probably look at Orland and think, "Yeah, he's not natural."
And I'd be dang surprised if they haven't pumped him full of medicines and drugs to make him that big. Seriously, how many people do you know that can just take on a tank just with their regular body?

You must have connected that Silver Wheel must be some kind of advanced arms manufacturer; seeing how they have semi-auto rifles and an advanced tank reload system. And by the 1st episode you might guess that they're trying to overthrow the current government or something, giving advanced weapons like that to feudal lords.

These are guesses of course.
Old 2007-10-13, 04:59   Link #36
CrisisDarkerXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar View Post
Definitely not an ending and barely a beginning. If there is no second season, then this season was rather pointless. Nothing was really resolved and only more questions remain. The most obvious questions are:

1) How in the hell does a person with direct knowledge and participation in a supposedly highly covert, black-ops unit (901 ATT) allowed to just walk around in public with no restrictions? What's the purpose of his being "allowed" to operate unsupervised by his former handlers?

2) What's the point or goal of the Silver Wheel secret group other than being scary and cryptic?

3) The War. I realize that it doesn't have direct relation with the story since the main group of characters are focused on post-war operations, but it would be great to know about the two countries in detail, who started the war, and what was the ultimate goal that both sides were fighting for so intensely. In addition, knowing more about Orland's past and activities in 901 ATT would help to flesh out his character. They could have done either one of these things instead of filler episodes and spared us of that horrific singing of Stekkin.

Pumpkin Scissors was not the best anime I've ever seen, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It just left way too many holes in the plot without attempting to even resolve a single thing. Without a second season, this series has little merit.

1> They can't prosecute for desertion or whatever if the unit doesn't "exist". Invisible 9? Remember?
2> They give Hammil (drugs) and give weapons (semi-auto rifles, etc) to feudal lords. A plot to destroy the empire internally?
3> You'll have to see for yourself when they come out with season 2. The bad guys are bound to explain everything in the end. Orland was with the 901 Anti-Tank Trooper. Doesn't the name itself if you an idea what his past could've been? Suicidal marches and firing point-black at tanks, and possibly some war atrocity. That's why he's having nightmares.
Old 2008-03-21, 11:28   Link #37
sosbrigademember
Banned

Send a message via AIM to sosbrigademember
P-Scissors

I would give it an 8 cuz it's good, but not the best anime out there. The OP and ED are great though.

~SOSBrigadeMember
Old 2008-04-08, 17:10   Link #38
feRfe

any news / rumors on a potential season 2 or no>
Old 2008-05-29, 20:50   Link #39
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
I felt like this series could've carried on for so much more, but it didn't seem like they wanted to carry it like that and end it without some things covered.
Closed Thread