AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-04-23, 11:16   Link #41
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Sanji, to me maybe one of the strongest people of the strawhat pirates, his one weakness is women as shown in the CP9 arc. He has a kind heart and maybe the third smartest person of the strawhat crew(Robin, Nami, tie between Usopp and Sanji) He is certainly one of the strongest. He has a sense of humour as some people have pointed out (I found it pretty funny when he was the only one not in grave danger during the Little Garden part way back in the past) I don't know how to link quotes but someone said that Sanji is not going to get a bounty till the end of the series, but I highly disagree. I believe after the CP9 arc is over, the entire strawhat pirates are going to have some kind of bounty on them (yes, even the coward Usopp; btw this is just theory i'm not sure if this is really going to happen so don't get upset and think this is a spoiler when you see this)
anyways Sanji is a great character who has many attributes to help the strawhat pirate succeed. He is a great fighter, thinker, and cook (he has to be a good cook to keep Luffy full and content because I know that has to be a veeeery hard job to do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler:
lol you're pretty funny ellifeedn that idea had me rolling with laughter for at least a couple of minutes
Old 2007-04-24, 20:25   Link #42
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
lol you're pretty funny ellifeedn that idea had me rolling with laughter for at least a couple of minutes
If you think that's funny, I have another one.

Spoiler for events after enies lobby:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 08:02   Link #43
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
I been really interested with the new Funimation DVD's and they've got me thinking about old characters. Of course, this being a Sanji discussion, I'm talking about Zeff!

We know Zeff traveled the Grand Line for about ayear, probably the same amount of time the Strawhats have spent there if not more. So I'm curious, how far did Zeff get?

Sanji hasn't had much of a driving event as the other members of the crew, aside from his introduction there hasn't been a deep emotional reasoning behind his venture. I gesture maybe Sanji will eventually serve the purpose of mapping out Zeff's path through the Grand Line, meeting people who themselves met/faught the old man and serving as a sort of avatar for Zeff's old voyage.

I can't seem to word this well right now, but I can try and clear it up later if I've confused anyone.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 14:39   Link #44
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
I been really interested with the new Funimation DVD's and they've got me thinking about old characters. Of course, this being a Sanji discussion, I'm talking about Zeff!

We know Zeff traveled the Grand Line for about ayear, probably the same amount of time the Strawhats have spent there if not more. So I'm curious, how far did Zeff get?

Sanji hasn't had much of a driving event as the other members of the crew, aside from his introduction there hasn't been a deep emotional reasoning behind his venture. I gesture maybe Sanji will eventually serve the purpose of mapping out Zeff's path through the Grand Line, meeting people who themselves met/faught the old man and serving as a sort of avatar for Zeff's old voyage.

I can't seem to word this well right now, but I can try and clear it up later if I've confused anyone.
Perhaps this is where he is now?
Spoiler for speculation:
He's dealing with some of Zeff's old acquaintences, for better or worse.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 15:07   Link #45
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Hey what was the name of that heated leg attack he used against Oz? It was an updated version of Diable Jambi, even stronger than the last one.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 15:36   Link #46
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Hey what was the name of that heated leg attack he used against Oz? It was an updated version of Diable Jambi, even stronger than the last one.
Diable Jambe isn't really an attack, just a stance like Zoro's Asura or Luffy's Gears. He can do a lot of attacks in that "form," there's a list of them here...

One Piece Wiki: Red Leg
Old 2008-11-10, 15:43   Link #47
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Well it's a stance AND an attack (it even says that in the link you gave me). And that's cool, although he has shown some stronger attacks, one that even changed Duval's facial features forever!!!

So the real question is: Does Lafitte stand a chance against Sanji?!?!
Old 2008-11-10, 16:00   Link #48
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
So the real question is: Does Lafitte stand a chance against Sanji?!?!
Probably; Blackbeard is a guy with great ambitions(probably rivaling Luffy's) and he wouldn't settle for anything less than legendary figures on his crew. The fact that they number half the Strawhat's current members and are still doing exceptionally well on the Grand Line speaks for itself.

I doubt Sanji alone could handle Lafitte, but the way things are going the eventual conflict between the Strawhats and Blackbeard Pirates will probably end up with each of Blackbeard's crew getting double-teamed.

I could see Sanji working with Brook on this one...
Old 2008-11-10, 16:18   Link #49
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Quote:

I could see Sanji working with Brook on this one...
Interesting theory, and it could be true! But if that is the case, then it could be that Zoro and Sanji will team up against Burgess! Then again... maybe not, WHO KNOWS!
Old 2008-11-10, 19:20   Link #50
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Interesting theory, and it could be true! But if that is the case, then it could be that Zoro and Sanji will team up against Burgess! Then again... maybe not, WHO KNOWS!
No...
Franky takes Burgess by himself!
Back-up will arrive soon afterwards wearing the ever cliche "told yo so" smirk smeared across their face(s).

If anyone should tag-team Burgess, I think at least one of the combatants should be Robin. My reasoning: he is the champ...
It would be... I was gonna say "interesting" but now feel that "frightening" fits the mood better; to see a character actually overpower her devil fruit ability with pure brute strength.
Can you imagine seeing one man shake off a thousand hand head-lock?
Old 2008-11-10, 20:09   Link #51
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Remember that Robin's arms are still part of Robin. If Burgess grabs onto them he could crush one of them, therefore injuring Robin.

As for Burgess's match with Franky, I still think Zoro will go against him. Unless Hawkeye is in the fray, then I would have to say you're right.
Old 2008-11-12, 19:21   Link #52
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Remember that Robin's arms are still part of Robin. If Burgess grabs onto them he could crush one of them, therefore injuring Robin.

As for Burgess's match with Franky, I still think Zoro will go against him. Unless Hawkeye is in the fray, then I would have to say you're right.
I really can't see Zoro matching off well with any of the BlackBeard pirates(though I do conceed, Burgess would be my default simply because he claims to be "The Champ" and Zoro stands to be "World's Greatest-")
But who knows, maybe lackBeard will get another crew meber before the eventual face-off with the Strawhats.

Oh crap, I just got some fuel for the BlackBeard Discussion Thread!

At any rate, back to Sanji:
If he's not gonna follow my first theory(Sanji as an avatar for Zeff's trek through the Grand Line) then I think Sanji would be one of the best characters to outline how some of the older villain crews are faring in the Grand Line. I could easily see him ending up with Buggy's group: I doubt any of them actually remember him since his lack of identity is such a running gag and Sanji would be smart enough not to give them his real name. Plus, you can't forget he possibility that Alvida is still on bord with them which gives Sanji some initiative to hang around for a bit.

Even ore so if he ended up with Kuro's crew, they've never met at all but I couldn't see a Reason for Sanji to stick around of his own free will. Rather, the Black Cat Pirates would probably end up trying to take him hostage to get at Luffy's group.

This isall another reason why Sanji falls under another of my categories: most likely to have a buddy. Brook, Robin, Franky, and Chopper have no experience with the Strawhat's exploits in East Blue so them tagging along with Sanji would have little effect on the "villain recap" situation.

Plus, Sanji's at his best when he has his mates around to antagonize him.

Now, off to the BlackBeard Thread!
Old 2008-11-13, 12:09   Link #53
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
I really can't see Zoro matching off well with any of the BlackBeard pirates(though I do conceed, Burgess would be my default simply because he claims to be "The Champ" and Zoro stands to be "World's Greatest-")
But who knows, maybe lackBeard will get another crew meber before the eventual face-off with the Strawhats.

Oh crap, I just got some fuel for the BlackBeard Discussion Thread!

At any rate, back to Sanji:
If he's not gonna follow my first theory(Sanji as an avatar for Zeff's trek through the Grand Line) then I think Sanji would be one of the best characters to outline how some of the older villain crews are faring in the Grand Line. I could easily see him ending up with Buggy's group: I doubt any of them actually remember him since his lack of identity is such a running gag and Sanji would be smart enough not to give them his real name. Plus, you can't forget he possibility that Alvida is still on bord with them which gives Sanji some initiative to hang around for a bit.

Even ore so if he ended up with Kuro's crew, they've never met at all but I couldn't see a Reason for Sanji to stick around of his own free will. Rather, the Black Cat Pirates would probably end up trying to take him hostage to get at Luffy's group.

This isall another reason why Sanji falls under another of my categories: most likely to have a buddy. Brook, Robin, Franky, and Chopper have no experience with the Strawhat's exploits in East Blue so them tagging along with Sanji would have little effect on the "villain recap" situation.

Plus, Sanji's at his best when he has his mates around to antagonize him.

Now, off to the BlackBeard Thread!
It would be pretty awesome if one of the "new" crewmates ended up meeting with an old villan. But of course, this would require someone they recognise to be onboard. Perhaps Sanji and Zoro, seeing as how they have a great dynamic together meeting up with Buggy/Alvida?
Old 2008-11-13, 14:26   Link #54
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Well if it's just Sanji you can forget it. Sanji has a very fast running joke of being the most unrecognized member of the strawhat crew. Even his wanted picture was drawn!!!! And every time they seem to meet someone important it's Sanji who is usually in the kitchen, cooking.
But Zoro, yes, Buggy would recognize in a heartbeat.
Old 2008-11-13, 18:07   Link #55
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
It would be pretty awesome if one of the "new" crewmates ended up meeting with an old villan. But of course, this would require someone they recognise to be onboard. Perhaps Sanji and Zoro, seeing as how they have a great dynamic together meeting up with Buggy/Alvida?
Again, the issue here is that people will recognize Zoro whereas Sanji, as stated by my pal Rinji up there, has a running gag of never being noticed.

Plus, I wanna see some Sanji/Brook action, they're both perverts so it would be interesting to watch.

Sanji and Franky would be great too, they hav an interesting dynamic themselves.

Spoiler for Fight Scene:

Unless of course you wanted things to go straight to shit, then having Zoro along would be an excellent idea!
Old 2008-11-13, 18:08   Link #56
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Again, the issue here is that people will recognize Zoro whereas Sanji, as stated by my pal Rinji up there, has a running gag of never being noticed.

Plus, I wanna see some Sanji/Brook action, they're both perverts so it would be interesting to watch.

Sanji and Franky would be great too, they hav an interesting dynamic themselves.

Spoiler for Fight Scene:

Unless of course you wanted things to go straight to shit, then having Zoro along would be an excellent idea!
Bad shit happening is just how I roll. You know that better than anyone.
Old 2008-11-13, 18:12   Link #57
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Bad shit happening is just how I roll. You know that better than anyone.
I know about today's Deviantart "chat"...
Yeah, you do shit.
Old 2008-11-13, 18:14   Link #58
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
I know about today's Deviantart "chat"...
Yeah, you do shit.
Like you're any better... Back to Sanji: I could see him getting really pissed about no one recognising him. Maybe that'll e his driving motive in the upcoming segment(s).
Old 2008-11-13, 18:29   Link #59
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Like you're any better... Back to Sanji: I could see him getting really pissed about no one recognising him. Maybe that'll e his driving motive in the upcoming segment(s).
Sanji trying to make a name for himself?

It would end up something like this...

Dance Time
Old 2008-11-13, 18:45   Link #60
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Sanji trying to make a name for himself?

It would end up something like this...

Dance Time
You say that like it's a bad thing....
I could see a chapter where Sanji tries that, but Brooke, playing music in the background, gets twice as much play as him.