AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-26, 03:47   Link #1901
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There is no official word confirming they share the TH background. But on the same hand there is nothing denying it either. It's all a matter of 'what do I think sounds cooler?'
Old 2010-02-26, 04:20   Link #1902
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Well, looking at wiki info...

Nanoha is supposedly 12 years old in TH, which would make MSLN a prequel to TH. And Shirou, the father, is dead in TH. Momoko is his second wife and she was pregnant with Nanoha when he died, so Nanoha never even knew her father in TH.

That might all be game info. I don't remember any of those details in the anime, but it's been a while since I watched it. I should probably give TH a rewatch. I do remember thinking it was pretty good the first time I watched it.
Old 2010-02-26, 04:37   Link #1903
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which is why the theory goes as this: In MSLN Shirou never died. He was hospitalized by whatever killed him in TH, but he survived by the skin of his teeth in MSLN.
Old 2010-02-26, 04:40   Link #1904
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Well, looking at wiki info...

Nanoha is supposedly 12 years old in TH, which would make MSLN a prequel to TH. And Shirou, the father, is dead in TH. Momoko is his second wife and she was pregnant with Nanoha when he died, so Nanoha never even knew her father in TH.

That might all be game info. I don't remember any of those details in the anime, but it's been a while since I watched it. I should probably give TH a rewatch. I do remember thinking it was pretty good the first time I watched it.
In triangle heart 3,Nanoha is 8 years old.
In Lyrical toy box,Nanoha is 9 years old.
In OVA Triangle heart sweet songs forever,Nanoha is 12 years old.
Old 2010-02-26, 20:17   Link #1905
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which is why the theory goes as this: In MSLN Shirou never died. He was hospitalized by whatever killed him in TH, but he survived by the skin of his teeth in MSLN.
Quote:
In OVA Triangle heart sweet songs forever,Nanoha is 12 years old.
Theories are fun and all, but I don't see the two as being part of the same story. MSLN is a spinoff of TH. Characters and setting borrowed for a different story. I really don't see any point in trying to make them coincide with each other when there's nothing to suggest it.

And I'm not trying to be critical of anyone who likes to theorize or speculate on the relationship between the two, I just prefer to see MSLN as a separate world, with a story of it's own.
Old 2010-02-26, 20:21   Link #1906
Arkeus

Quote:
Theories are fun and all, but I don't see the two as being part of the same story. MSLN is a spinoff of TH. Characters and setting borrowed for a different story. I really don't see any point in trying to make them coincide with each other when there's nothing to suggest it.

And I'm not trying to be critical of anyone who likes to theorize or speculate on the relationship between the two, I just prefer to see MSLN as a separate world, with a story of it's own.
... uh

Yeah, they are different worlds. That's obvious.

However, the world's are similar enough and *made to look like each other* enough that unless the differences are stated, it's better to assume it's the same.

For example, Shiro has numerous scars coming from combat, and was in hospital for a loooong time during Nanoha's youth.

This does tell us things.
Old 2010-02-26, 23:51   Link #1907
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
For example, Shiro has numerous scars coming from combat, and was in hospital for a loooong time during Nanoha's youth.

This does tell us things.
He even outright stated to Momoko that because Kyoya is old enough he can stop risking his life, retire and concentrate on Midori-ya. He is not simple shop-owner period.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-02-27, 01:11   Link #1908
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
He even outright stated to Momoko that because Kyoya is old enough he can stop risking his life, retire and concentrate on Midori-ya. He is not simple shop-owner period.
Where does he say that?
Old 2010-02-27, 01:17   Link #1909
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Episode five, I believe.
Old 2010-02-27, 01:44   Link #1910
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

That's what I was thinking... the onsen episode where he and Momoko go for a walk. The Exiled-Destiny translation has him saying, "I'm sure I won't be worrying you or our kids anymore, Momoko. Right, from now on, Midoriya's owner is what I'll always be." Before that is when he mentions the kids being old enough to handle the cafe.

So, without giving any thought to TH, I was taking that to mean he was going relax and simply be the "owner" and not work there so much. But, taking TH into consideration, I can see how that can be interpreted as him giving up a former line of work.
Old 2010-02-27, 05:39   Link #1911
Arkeus

Quote:

So, without giving any thought to TH, I was taking that to mean he was going relax and simply be the "owner" and not work there so much. But, taking TH into consideration, I can see how that can be interpreted as him giving up a former line of work.
Especially if we take into accounts the SCARS!
Old 2010-02-27, 08:18   Link #1912
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

What're the English names for the artbooks that form a Mirrored Confrontation Shot when you put the two volumes' front covers side by side?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2010-02-27 at 09:32. Reason: Damn You Muscle Memory
Old 2010-02-27, 14:03   Link #1913
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Especially if we take into accounts the SCARS!
Yeah, there is that. Not what you would expect from on the job injuries at a cafe, is it? Ok, I guess there's more to suggest the TH connection than what I had considered before. Thanks for the replies.
Old 2010-03-03, 13:36   Link #1914
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Anybody has any information of the Belkan imperie origins?
Old 2010-03-03, 14:18   Link #1915
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Its origins? Nope, canon hasn't given us much regarding that yet.
Old 2010-03-03, 14:20   Link #1916
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If they do reveal the origins, I wonder how much of it they'll draw off of Ace Combat, seeing how Belka in Nanoha is a fairly obvious reference to Ace Combat.
Old 2010-03-03, 21:46   Link #1917
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Its origins? Nope, canon hasn't given us much regarding that yet.
So nothing? No fisrt king? No fundation? No independense event or anything related?
Old 2010-03-03, 23:37   Link #1918
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

All theories man. If there were some solid work I'd wouldn't be even half as proliferic as I am now.
Old 2010-03-04, 22:49   Link #1919
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Thanks, I asked because of a running project, I guess I have some liberties in this aspect of the Nanoha universe.
Old 2010-03-07, 13:08   Link #1920
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
So nothing? No fisrt king? No fundation? No independense event or anything related?
From what I've put together from the Nanoha wikia and various other sources, this is kinda what I'm working from:

-There was Al Hazard's advanced civilization. It collapsed long ago, for whatever reason.
-Time passed, and the planet of Belka became an empire (probably created by some of the remnants of Al Hazard civilization), and conquered numerous planets.
-Eventually, the Belkan empire began using advanced weapons like nukes, and other planets in their empire began to rebel.
-Belka home planet is destroyed, along with some others.
-Remnants of Belka settle on a new world (I think it might be Mid-Childa, but it's not said). They begin to rebuild their civilization.
-Belka used the Sankt Kaiser's Cradle, to begin the re-unification war to reclaim all the planets in their empire that they lost.
-That lasts for a time before the Sankt Kaiser, Olive, did something about the war and the Cradle. She's the person whom Vivio is cloned from. In an episode of StrikerS, they place Vivio's DNA as being from 300 years ago, which works out to year 0225 "BC", when Olive lived.
-Year 0075 "BC" Things settle down, Mid-Childa arises as the center of the galaxy now, TSAB is founded, works to root out normal weaponry and enforce magic only
-Year 0000 TSAB pretty much succeeds by this point, so I suppose this is why they decided to start the new calender (also built it's space station at this point, while being led by the 3 famous generals you see in StrikerS)

My fanfic "Recollections of a Lost Age" deals with the launch of the Cradle and the start of the Reunification War. Although it's not stated so much, I also placed the creation of the Tome of the Night Sky here, as well as the Wolkenritter becoming part of the book; this is my own fanon take, though.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2010-03-07 at 20:05.
Closed Thread