AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 17:06   Link #361
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
+1

as I've said else where, I dived into this series wanting to see more Biribiri but that quickly changed, Kuroko-sama is the character of the series for me.
Gotta concur on that! While Kuroko's a crazy lust-craved lesbian, she's also highly intelligent, super streetwise and a scrappy fighter yet prissy in a cute ladylike way which eats lumps and rolls with the punches without being tomboy about it. She's a REAL "pink panther" so yea I'd love to be the guy to straighten her out and string her on because she'd be a barrel of endless fun even if it breaks her neck, so she's already the star of this show for me, and hope she gets a crack at her own spin-off. I wish they flashed her past or home life to see how little miss rich girl got this way, which I think they already did with some of the others. Like I guess we don't even know how old she is (that string bikini clued a zero if she's flattie!)
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 12:20   Link #362
tsunade666

so its just a industrial scum. making your products popular by using popular characters.

But whats with the conspiracy thing.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 20:39   Link #363
stillmissing

So this month, they published a brief timeline for the railgun anime, that includes the events from the index anime as well.

As for how it works, well, it's doesn't match the actual novel and manga timeline at all, but that was a given.

However, while the timeline places episode 17 of Railgun as taking place after Deep Blood, which it must, it places both that episode and Deep Blood in July. Moreover, they place early railgun episodes, and of all things, Touma interrupting the thugs at the restaurant in June apparently.

I'd say we are supposed to imagine that both anime are part of their own timeline, independent of the original, but I could swear that Index anime actually provided some dates in line with the novels, which contradict this timeline.

Sorry about the very poor quality.

Last edited by stillmissing; 2010-02-26 at 00:12.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 08:31   Link #364
Miraluka
Banned

But this timeline is just made for the anime, right? Well, I''ll take the manga timeline as the original because this one doesn't contradicts the light novel timeline.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 13:31   Link #365
Avegaille

That timeline seems to be exclusively for the anime it seems... but even if it does conflict with... the LN and the manga, well, they have to make up something like that at some point... :P
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 10:17   Link #366
tsunade666

I don't understand a thing in the pictures. Just a bunch of events to me. Some please translate or just say what's written in it in a summary form.
Old 2010-03-03, 08:19   Link #367
B2-Lancer

I dunno. I got a gut feeling that Dorm Mistress (hence the powers that be?) knew the girls slipped out for the fireworks. I mean a teleporting chick can go clubbing after bed-check anytime, so they must've taken that into account long ago! Then the police mech force turns up right in nick of time during the quake like they've been followed or under surveillience, etc. Maybe it's like what Aleister Crowley says; Everything is going to plan...

Is it ever mentioned in this animate or its manga just what the career ambitions of these girls are, or is their school (a'la X-Men's Xavier Academy) simply educating and training them for super-power specific positions? (like you have to be esper to be in Justice, right?) The only suggestion I get of anyone's future ambitions is maybe Mikoto's violin playing, but she doesn't seem the musician type. I can see Kuroko as a future police detective or even secret agent (she'd love that), but that's just conjecture, so if anyone has a clue please fill me in! Thanx!
Old 2010-03-05, 03:22   Link #368
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Someone created an online role playing forum set in Academy city.

http://espgakuen.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Old 2010-03-07, 17:14   Link #369
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
So this month, they published a brief timeline for the railgun anime, that includes the events from the index anime as well.

As for how it works, well, it's doesn't match the actual novel and manga timeline at all, but that was a given.

However, while the timeline places episode 17 of Railgun as taking place after Deep Blood, which it must, it places both that episode and Deep Blood in July. Moreover, they place early railgun episodes, and of all things, Touma interrupting the thugs at the restaurant in June apparently.

I'd say we are supposed to imagine that both anime are part of their own timeline, independent of the original, but I could swear that Index anime actually provided some dates in line with the novels, which contradict this timeline.

Sorry about the very poor quality.
Has a better quality scan of the timeline surfaced yet?
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 19:24   Link #370
B2-Lancer

Interesting revelations in Episode 22, though it's getting a little complicated. Are there groups out there competing to create a Level 6? This drug enhancement/Child Error group (by themselves once a separate effort, right?) then Accelerator's group then Academy City's own official (seemingly lame) effort to pump 5's into 6's? Also, Mikoto remarks that no one knows if even Level 6 is possible questions her source when this evil professor publicly states that's the City's point and goal! If the Child Errors are THAT destructive, why not wake 'em up in some facility far out some desolate desert? Uh -- forget, it's Japan!

I assume when they say there just seven Level 5's, etc, they're just counting Japan, especially since all the students and Child Errors appear Japanese, which opens the door to international esper (wars?) rivalries in far future episodes.

I'm trying to figure out just how keeping something at a constant temperature is ever able to pump up into a formidable power...

As for Kuroko being a restless bucking bronco in bed, I say -

Ride 'em Cowgirl!!
Old 2010-03-07, 19:28   Link #371
KoroshiyaX
X

Anyone know if Mikoto is already aware of the Sisters at this point in time (ep 22), or does this take place prior to her first finding out?
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 21:17   Link #372
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Anyone know if Mikoto is already aware of the Sisters at this point in time (ep 22), or does this take place prior to her first finding out?
No, not yet.

She will start to notice about it when she meets with one of her sister for the first time.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 07:22   Link #373
tsunade666

Don't trust the time line its pretty suspicious and untrustworthy because of its inconsistency but its good they show a doubtful time line even if it doesn't much all.
Old 2010-03-08, 16:35   Link #374
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Just guessing but did Mikoto recognize that lab she broke into as the same one the Sisters were born?

Dee
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 20:11   Link #375
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

She recognized it as the lab where Kiyama's students are placed for the experiment.
Mikoto got herself linked with Kiyama's brain with electricity.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 07:15   Link #376
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
http://kyubuns.info/ss/

Find out your esp power

Hypernova gives
能力名: 量子殺し ( シンクロブレイカー ) Synchro Breaker
Level 2

解説:量子を、ぶち殺す!!能力
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 07:39   Link #377
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
http://kyubuns.info/ss/

Find out your esp power

Hypernova gives
能力名: 量子殺し ( シンクロブレイカー ) Synchro Breaker
Level 2

解説:量子を、ぶち殺す!!能力
I just tried it and according to this site, i'm a Level 3 AIM Stalker! I tried my sister's name and it says her ability is a Level 2 that involves exploding blood!
Old 2010-03-13, 07:44   Link #378
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here is mine, using my real name:

能力名: 予知絶縁 ( ファーレーション )
Level 1

解説:未来を、弾く能力

If my translation is right, it allows me to repel the future.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 09:45   Link #379
Sol Falling

I feel kinda lame doing this when I haven't read or watched Index, and am even following Railgun mainly for the moe, but interestingly enough my real name and online tag gave me variants of the same ability:

能力名: 正体使い ( カウンターシューター ) [Identity (Counter Shooter)]
Level 1

解説:身体再生能力を、操作する能力

and

能力名: 正体使い ( カウンターマスター ) [Identity (Counter Master)]
Level 1

解説:身体再生能力を、生み出し操る能力

According to google translate, that's the ability to regenerate (my?) body, and also to manipulate produced...something? In any case, the first part, even if Level 1, sounds pretty cool.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 09:53   Link #380
Ashaman

I got this for my real name:

能力名: 肉体殺し ( オートブラッド )
Level 1

解説:肉体的損傷を、問答無用で灰に返す能力

Whis according to google translate is this:
Guest Capacity: Kill the body (Blood Auto)
Level 1 Level 1

Commentary: bodily injury, the ability to return to ashes no question asked.

And for Ashaman I got this:
能力名: 念動力 ( テレキネシス )
Level 5

解説:見えない力で遠くの物を、動かす能力

Telekinetic power (telekinesis)
Level 5 Level 5

Commentary: distant objects invisible force, capable of moving
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen