Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 04:59   Link #2261
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I was under the impression that the helmet was created for the Tallgeese AFTER Zechs came in contact with the Gundams?
Correct, before the Tallgeese got it's Knight styled head, it had a regular Leo head.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:10   Link #2262
Sander RX

GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron VS GNX-704T Ahead

Now,Ahead is technically a more advanced MS with better performance and all,but there is one thing that can act as a detterant to the victory of otherwise superior unit-Alvaaron has a sturdy GN Field and it so happens that Ahead lacks any sort of weapon that could penetrate it.

On the other hand,Alvaaron seems to be incapable of simultenious attack and defence. This may give Ahead an oppurtinity to land a shot at the right moment.Likewise,trying to use that focused,GN Field-amplified beam shot might end gravely for Alvaaron,as it is unlikely to hit the highly agile Ahead while rendering Alvaaron vulnerable during the charge up.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:19   Link #2263
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just about every mobile suit that utilizes a GN-Field is unable to effectively combine offense and defense. There's just not enough particles--it can either have a full-strength GN-Field, or full-strength shots. Using both halves the power to both since the Particles are being divided two ways. So far, except for few, far-flung instances of the Seravee shooting its body cannons, only the Ptolemaios II has been shown to use both effectively because it has that much more power when its utilizing multiple GN-Drives.

As for the match-up... well, honestly, I think it'd depend on the pilot. The Alvaaron's GN-Drive is tuned more for beam potency than the Ahead, since its also poisonous... but we don't really know what its capabilities are, since Corner merely tanked shots in-between shooting back.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2010-04-05 at 22:48.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:33   Link #2264
Sander RX

Quote:
but we don't really know what its capabilities are, since Corner merely tanked shots in-between shooting back.
Hmmm...I guess I neglected the possibity that,what we saw of Alvaaron's mobilty,may have been limited due to a certain douchebag's subpar piloting skills.

In that case,we are have a bit of a problem when trying to ascertain Alvaaron's performance.
Old 2010-04-05, 21:07   Link #2265
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm gonna go with the Ahead here.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:56   Link #2266
Sander RX

DTM-7000 Daughseat VS UMF-4A GOOhN
Old 2010-04-10, 09:26   Link #2267
GundamFan

Quote:
I was under the impression that the helmet was created for the Tallgeese AFTER Zechs came in contact with the Gundams?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Correct, before the Tallgeese got it's Knight styled head, it had a regular Leo head.
Guys your a bit mistaken the helmet wasn't added by Zechs in episode 3 when he saw Tallgeese for the first time and they had just roled it out of storeage it already had the helmet on it's head which at the time was severed and in the Tallgeese hand. In episode 4 they were working on restoring Tallgeese we got a look at the Leo style head underneath and they put the helmet back on.

Also I'm going to throw in my 2 cents on the Alvaaron vs. Ahead and say that the Ahead would probably have the advantage since typicialy the Ahead is given to ace pilots or unit commanders people with proven skills and real battle experience while we don't even know if before his fight with Setsuna if Alej had ever in done anything outside of a simulations involving a mobile suit.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:47   Link #2268
kenshinstyle

00 raiser vs hi-nu with setsuna(innovator) and Amuro(newtype) as pilots.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 12:40   Link #2269
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Guys your a bit mistaken the helmet wasn't added by Zechs in episode 3 when he saw Tallgeese for the first time and they had just roled it out of storeage it already had the helmet on it's head which at the time was severed and in the Tallgeese hand. In episode 4 they were working on restoring Tallgeese we got a look at the Leo style head underneath and they put the helmet back on.

Also I'm going to throw in my 2 cents on the Alvaaron vs. Ahead and say that the Ahead would probably have the advantage since typicialy the Ahead is given to ace pilots or unit commanders people with proven skills and real battle experience while we don't even know if before his fight with Setsuna if Alej had ever in done anything outside of a simulations involving a mobile suit.
The Ahead likely would win but you really should keep in mind that because Corner was such a lousy pilot, we don't know the full capabilities of the machine. We'd have to give it to Ali if we wanted to see that, I suspect.
Old 2010-04-10, 13:46   Link #2270
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinstyle View Post
00 raiser vs hi-nu with setsuna(innovator) and Amuro(newtype) as pilots.
In SRW 4 game, Amuro was have After Image ability. If we're give After Image to him, Amuro will be victorious. Adversely, if Amuro haven't After Image and 00 Raiser have GN Sword III equipment, Setsuna will be victorious.
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 15:01   Link #2271
GundamFan

Quote:
The Ahead likely would win but you really should keep in mind that because Corner was such a lousy pilot, we don't know the full capabilities of the machine. We'd have to give it to Ali if we wanted to see that, I suspect.
Rising your being to kind Corner couldn't pilot his way out of wet paper sack if you drew him a map.
I think the Alvaaron itself has a good design other then color scheme and given that Setsuna nearly beat an Ahead and 2 GN-XIII in a broken down Exia if Ali or Graham were the pilot of Alvaaron I think it would have a very good chance of beating an Ahead one on one. Plus Corners has an additional problem aside from poor piloting skills his arrogant delusions grandeur make him think that he is an ace pilot and probably cause him to overestimate Alvaaron capabilites while underestimating his oppenents which can easily be just as fatal as poor piloting skills.
Old 2010-04-10, 17:11   Link #2272
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Rising your being to kind Corner couldn't pilot his way out of wet paper sack if you drew him a map.
I think the Alvaaron itself has a good design other then color scheme and given that Setsuna nearly beat an Ahead and 2 GN-XIII in a broken down Exia if Ali or Graham were the pilot of Alvaaron I think it would have a very good chance of beating an Ahead one on one. Plus Corners has an additional problem aside from poor piloting skills his arrogant delusions grandeur make him think that he is an ace pilot and probably cause him to overestimate Alvaaron capabilites while underestimating his oppenents which can easily be just as fatal as poor piloting skills.
If we're both agreeing on the same thing, then why the hell are you getting on my case about it? -.-

Nearly beat an Ahead and 2 GN-XIII? No. He barely did any damage there. He cut off an arm and broke a shield, that was it. The Ahead had him beat thanks to the damage to the Exia.
Old 2010-04-10, 17:47   Link #2273
GundamFan

Quote:
If we're both agreeing on the same thing, then why the hell are you getting on my case about it? -.-
What in the hell are you talking about I wasn't getting on your case. I make a little comment about how horrible of pilot Corner is and then you start pulling this hyper senstive crap that you keep doing periodicaly.

Quote:
Nearly beat an Ahead and 2 GN-XIII? No. He barely did any damage there. He cut off an arm and broke a shield, that was it. The Ahead had him beat thanks to the damage to the Exia.
I thought he did more damage but it's good while since I watched it.
Old 2010-04-10, 17:57   Link #2274
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma_Blade View Post
In SRW 4 game, Amuro was have After Image ability. If we're give After Image to him, Amuro will be victorious. Adversely, if Amuro haven't After Image and 00 Raiser have GN Sword III equipment, Setsuna will be victorious.
The afterimage is so not canon
Old 2010-04-10, 21:22   Link #2275
kenshinstyle

I didn't play SWR 4 before so what is the After Image ability? Is it like Trans Am?
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 05:29   Link #2276
Sander RX

MSA-0011 S Gundam VS MSZ-010 Gundam Double Zeta
MSA-0011[Ext] Ex-S Gundam VS FA-010S Full Armor ZZ Gundam
Old 2010-04-26, 12:29   Link #2277
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

In terms of numerical firepower, the S and the Ex-S have an advantage over the ZZ forms. Not to mention the ZZ has a power consumption problem that the S and Ex-S Gundam, somehow, do not seem to have (even with MORE beam weapons, MORE thrusters and thruster power, and a beam smartgun that has a GREATER output than the high mega cannon). ALICE would be a bit of an advantage, though not until after several battles (since ALICE has to "learn" and all) as well as its quasi-psycommu system and incoms.

Though the ZZ does have an edge with the bio-sensor which has various "phenomenons" with the pilot, as Judau showed and, while it has fewer beam weapons, what beam weapons it does have are quite a bit more powerful than the S and Ex-S' minus its beam smartgun. Its Full Armor form is also more beam resistant with anti-beam coating all over and at least plenty of (extra) missile launchers.

So it's hard to say, especially when you need to take the bio-sensor into account and everything. But otherwise, the S and Ex-S Gundams would win out overall, IMO.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 19:06   Link #2278
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinstyle View Post
I didn't play SWR 4 before so what is the After Image ability? Is it like Trans Am?
well the trans am i view it like the destiny after image aswell as the F91, but 00 fanboys say its not the same. i really dont care but to me all 3 are the same.
Old 2010-04-26, 20:23   Link #2279
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, people try to take unexplained tech as "different", despite being the exact same visually overall unless it somehow has some other special ability alongside it which they usually don't.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 22:12   Link #2280
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

but in the case of TRANS-AM they become a poor imitation of Char by turning red and become 3 times faster. Of Course i don't think the speed of trans-am is really that fast just looks like it because of the after-images.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote