AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-03, 23:56   Link #6821
bio9205
Reborn

Speaking of the GN-XIV... Anything on its model kit? And what about the version we saw in one of the trailers with the binders - is it confirmed?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 00:04   Link #6822
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
One scan did say that the regular GN-XIV was equipped with Trans-AM.

And really, its no surprise. The ESF got Trans-AM the moment Billy returned to them; he reinvented Trans-AM long before Ribbons did.
Wow, really?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 02:15   Link #6823
helois

Quote:

And really, its no surprise. The ESF got Trans-AM the moment Billy returned to them; he reinvented Trans-AM long before Ribbons did.
WOW!

and as we saw in the case of Gaga,there will be the scene of a "Trans-arm" chorus...
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 02:22   Link #6824
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post

1/144 Seravee didn't have seraphim available
1/144 Trans Am Seravee includues Seraphim

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10102491a/20/1
Old 2010-09-04, 02:33   Link #6825
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma_Blade View Post
1/144 Trans Am Seravee includues Seraphim

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10102491a/20/1
Trans-Am Seravee only came out months AFTER the HG Seraphim was released though, and the original HG Seravee and the HG Seravee GNHW didn't include the Seraphim, so the point still stands

If they're going to release a set with the backpack mecha then they'll likely release the mecha first as its own seperate kit.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 02:45   Link #6826
solidvanz
Special Operative

According to Anime!Anime!, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer will be shown at New York Comic Con / New York Anime Festival on October 10th. The two hour movie will be subbed in English.

According to Asahi.com, Director Mizushima will describe the Armageddon between Humans and aliens called "ELS" (Extraterrestrial Livingmetal Shapeshifters), spaceship or missile-shaped creatures. It's an unprecedented theme for Gundam series, which has been depicting the conflict and the concord among human beings. Mizushima said he is ready to see criticism that "This is not Gundam." "It's my task to expand the scope of Gundam works. We have already told 'Human versus Human' story in the TV series. ELS enables us to draw the basic theme of Gundam 'We can understand each other some day.' with wide views."

Sources:
http://animeanime.jp/news/archives/2..._001010ny.html
http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/nikkan/...008310039.html
Old 2010-09-04, 02:46   Link #6827
BurningChaos

Is the last trailer out yet? On any site...
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 06:51   Link #6828
Key Board
Carbon

ELS seem to be silicon based lifeforms

good... because giant space bugs and Star Trek human looking aliens are overused
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 07:33   Link #6829
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
According to Anime!Anime!, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer will be shown at New York Comic Con / New York Anime Festival on October 10th. The two hour movie will be subbed in English.

According to Asahi.com, Director Mizushima will describe the Armageddon between Humans and aliens called "ELS" (Extraterrestrial Livingmetal Shapeshifters), spaceship or missile-shaped creatures. It's an unprecedented theme for Gundam series, which has been depicting the conflict and the concord among human beings. Mizushima said he is ready to see criticism that "This is not Gundam." "It's my task to expand the scope of Gundam works. We have already told 'Human versus Human' story in the TV series. ELS enables us to draw the basic theme of Gundam 'We can understand each other some day.' with wide views."

Sources:
http://animeanime.jp/news/archives/2..._001010ny.html
http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/nikkan/...008310039.html
ok cue now it's humans vs innos vs els (maybe part humans, innos, machine) yea got be lkie cylons or terminator or venjix (yea from RPM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmP3we4eAYk) oh well.

at least i'm rooting for set-feldt
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 09:26   Link #6830
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
ok cue now it's humans vs innos vs els (maybe part humans, innos, machine) yea got be lkie cylons or terminator or venjix (yea from RPM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmP3we4eAYk) oh well.

at least i'm rooting for set-feldt

I'm rooting against "set-feldt".
Old 2010-09-04, 09:45   Link #6831
BurningChaos

I'm puzzled by the 00 Qan[T] Full Saber, If there's a cone in the backpack of it's GN Drive, Then how the other GN Drive (The one inside the shield) can physically connect to each other for a TDS to function? As the cone GN Drive chassis provides support for propulsion and thrusting and other abilities, Can it be also that the presumed GN Drive on the shield is the substitution for the GN Drive Chassis? I mean, If they are to connect to each other to provide a TDS then how the TDS can function without the other GN Drive having a TD Blanket and a GN Particle flow stabilizer? As the normal TD Blanket is bigger than the GN Drive on the shield. I more support the theory that the new GN Drive have 2 TD Blanket in it to enable the TDS and that the presumed "GN Drive" in the shield will be used for quickly charging the sword bits and thrusting or having the same function as the "Cone" of the earlier GN Drives.
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 12:46   Link #6832
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So the mass production GN-XIV comes with the Trans-Am? How is that conventional? I mean...it's been wildly known that Trans-Am wrecks a Tau Drive, so why equip it?
Old 2010-09-04, 12:54   Link #6833
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So the mass production GN-XIV comes with the Trans-Am? How is that conventional? I mean...it's been wildly known that Trans-Am wrecks a Tau Drive, so why equip it?
To utterly dominate the enemy? And also to try and produce more Innovators, I imagine.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:57   Link #6834
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Well sonic made a point about the trans am system being installed for emergency purposes and would be used as a last resort. Trans am system can be used as a last lifeline for a pilot, if the pilot is up agasint it, he can go trans am n get him self out of a jam as well as take out a few suits. Besides it's better to have a destroyed drive rather then a destroyed pilot and Ms.

Think of it this way, the trans am system could be used to escape death or be used by the pilot to take out some of the enemies b4 getting killed him self.

The gnx IV will have some runtime left after going trans am with the left over particles in it's condensors and will need it's drives replaced.oh well atleast the GN drive factory will be cashing in.

Last edited by GundamMeisterLockon; 2010-09-04 at 13:10.
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 14:14   Link #6835
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
To utterly dominate the enemy? And also to try and produce more Innovators, I imagine.
Utterly dominate? Doubtful, what happens when particles are low and the engine is wrecked?
Old 2010-09-04, 14:44   Link #6836
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Utterly dominate? Doubtful, what happens when particles are low and the engine is wrecked?
They retreat and get a new one switched out. Is that really so hard a concept to comprehend? Better for the GN-Drive to go out usefully than just get destroyed outright.
Old 2010-09-04, 14:53   Link #6837
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
They retreat and get a new one switched out. Is that really so hard a concept to comprehend? Better for the GN-Drive to go out usefully than just get destroyed outright.
Yeah, it is actually. Because retreating in active battle is quite a difficult thing to do.
Old 2010-09-04, 14:59   Link #6838
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
I'm puzzled by the 00 Qan[T] Full Saber, If there's a cone in the backpack of it's GN Drive, Then how the other GN Drive (The one inside the shield) can physically connect to each other for a TDS to function? As the cone GN Drive chassis provides support for propulsion and thrusting and other abilities, Can it be also that the presumed GN Drive on the shield is the substitution for the GN Drive Chassis? I mean, If they are to connect to each other to provide a TDS then how the TDS can function without the other GN Drive having a TD Blanket and a GN Particle flow stabilizer? As the normal TD Blanket is bigger than the GN Drive on the shield. I more support the theory that the new GN Drive have 2 TD Blanket in it to enable the TDS and that the presumed "GN Drive" in the shield will be used for quickly charging the sword bits and thrusting or having the same function as the "Cone" of the earlier GN Drives.
-Your forgetting one thing, the "direct connection" thing (where 00 Quanta's Drives are connected directly to each other side by side) is not needed for a Twin Drive to work. All you need to work a Twin Drive is a connection to the other Drive. *points to Drive Arm that connects backpack to shield*

-Its also important to note that these are 2 "new" Drives, so the sizes of previous TD Blanket of the old Drives is mostly irrelevant to them since they don't *need* tp be the same size. We are always worked up before about the size being constant because their always the same Blankets. However, because these are 2 Drives are just newly created, they can have different sizes than the 5 Drives created 130 years ago. Put it simply, the TD Blanket in the new Drive may be able to be smaller than the TD Blanket in older Drives because CB could have simply produced them that way when they made them recently.

-I have no idea where your getting the "no TD Blanket" in the shield cone thing. If its because of the size, then I'll use my above point to answer that.

-Its not a presumed GN Drive on the shield. We've confirmed its a Drive already in the HG 00 Quanta manual. If that does not help, they both share the same cylindrical Chassis in the normal 00 Quanta form (the one in the backpack is just fully encased by the backpack, you can still see the end of the cylinder). This alone should confirm that each of them have their own TD Blankets since they both have been deemed as Drives.

Quote:
Put it this way, your engine will be wrecked anyways by being blown up the normal way, this will give you a chance to do more damage to the enemy before you die (and if your lucky, you wont die). There's really nothing to lose if your already outclassed and it increases the chance of success of your team. If you've got nothing to lose, there's no reason not to wreck your engine now since its pretty much gone one way or the other (alongside your mobile suit). So its a valuable trump card when you've got nothing to lose and grunts get into that situation a lot.

The Gundams always use TA to cancel out their bad odds. Having TA will allow the GN-X to perform at a much higher level as well and they retain their numbers advantage. Gundams can only go TA for 3 mins anyways and Tau Trans Am has been shown to be able to match most of it so there's much much more pressure on the Gundams now.

The other thing you should note is the possibility they have fixed the wreck issue. In S1 Tau Drive cant go TA at all and have poisonous beams, that's why improving technology is well........beneficial. (they can do TA now, they've already fixed the poison issue with the S2 Drives and the S2 Drives even have higher output than the S1 Drives)

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-09-04 at 15:21.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:10   Link #6839
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
-Your forgetting one thing, the "direct connection" thing (where 00 Quanta's Drives are connected directly to each other side by side) is not needed for a Twin Drive to work. All you need to work a Twin Drive is a connection to the other Drive. *points to Drive Arm that connects backpack to shield*

-Its also important to note that these are 2 "new" Drives, so the sizes of previous TD Blanket of the old Drives is mostly irrelevant to them since they don't *need* tp be the same size. We are always worked up before about the size being constant because their always the same Blankets. However, because these are 2 Drives are just newly created, they can have different sizes than the 5 Drives created 130 years ago.

Put it simply, the TD Blanket in the new Drive may be able to be smaller than the TD Blanket in older Drives because CB could have simply produced them that way when they made them recently.

-Its not a presumed GN Drive on the shield. We've confirmed its a Drive already in the HG 00 Quanta manual. If that does not help, they both share the same cylindrical Chassis in the normal 00 Quanta form.

Put it this way, your engine will be wrecked anyways by being blown up the normal way, this will give you a chance to do more damage to the enemy before you die (and if your lucky, you wont die). There's really nothing to lose if your already outclassed and it increases the chanbce of success of your team. If you've got nothing to lose, there's no reason not to wreck your engine now since its pretty much gone one way or the other. So its a valuable trump card when you've got nothing to lose.

The Gundams always use TA to cancel out their bad odds. Having TA will allow the GN-X to perform at a much higher level as well and they retain their numbers advantage.

The other thing you should note is the possibility they have fixed the wreck issue. In S1 Tau Drive cant go TA at all and have poisonous beams, that's why improving technology is well........beneficial. (they can do TA now and they've already fixed the poison issue with the S2 Drives)
Don't take me for an idiot, I know the poison issue was fixed. Perhaps I think an army of MS should function a better way, or maybe I don't like the idea of TA being used on countless NON suicide MS. It's just not practical IMO.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:18   Link #6840
GundamFan

Quote:

I was a bit doubtful whether the trans-am was going to be in use by the ESF at the time of the movie due safety reasons. After all Billy's original version that had Graham spitting up blood after using it and given Ribbons could switch bodies and he was using it mainly to power up his kamikaze Gaga it left me a bit skeptical as to whether or not the system was going to a viable option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Well sonic made a point about the trans am system being installed for emergency purposes and would be used as a last resort. Trans am system can be used as a last lifeline for a pilot, if the pilot is up agasint it, he can go trans am n get him self out of a jam as well as take out a few suits. Besides it's better to have a destroyed drive rather then a destroyed pilot and Ms.

Think of it this way, the trans am system could be used to escape death or be used by the pilot to take out some of the enemies b4 getting killed him self.

The gnx IV will have some runtime left after going trans am with the left over particles in it's condensors and will need it's drives replaced.oh well atleast the GN drive factory will be cashing in.
Well the strategy probably will depend on there opponent against the "aliens" they probably will save it has weapon of last resort when a suit is getting it's butt kick because both are deploying a large force. Against the Gundams since it's a much smaller force they'll probably go with a more coordinated attack instead and attack the Gundams in series waves with trans-am engaged.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 movie