AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-07-11, 13:43   Link #1
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Star Wars: Ahsoka

Star Wars: Ahsoka the anticipated Clone Wars/Rebels live action continuation is coming August 23rd on Disney+.

The official trailer released today.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-09-27, 17:14   Link #2
Psyco Diver

I'm surprised no one is talking about this one, so far this has not been as bad as I imagined. Considering how SW has been going that says something. Episode 5 is still the strong point, having Christian come back makes be actually happy, he was the highlight of Obi-Wan also for me
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-27, 18:53   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I rank it as middling in the Disney-Filoni SW catalog, but it has its moments. For me Ray Stevenon pretty much makes the show - he was acting rings around everybody else. What a terrible shame to lose him at such a young age.

Now that they’ve added Thrawn to the mix, they have no excuses not to kick ass. He’s one of the most beloved characters in the extended mythology for a reason.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-27, 21:53   Link #4
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Its good. It makes me happy to see these characters, especially getting to see Hayden Christiansen with Ahsoka, while channeling Matt Lanter's performance. Makes it feel more real.

Only one episode left now. A lot to wrap up, or at least get to before the end.
There should be no way to stop Thrawn at this point, and its more a question on what is Baylan after and how does everyone else get back.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2023-09-28 at 01:43.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-28, 17:08   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm finding it okay, but that's probably because I haven't watched any of the animated series. I'm sure a lot of scenes hit different if you have. I only picked it up because people were praising episode 5, hadn't planned on watching it before that. Speaking of which, they actually de-aged Anakin in the flashbacks, it was so jarring to see him looking old during his training in Obi-wan.

I think I'm doing a good job following the story. The only thing confusing me a little is why Thrawn has everyone shitting their pants at the prospect of his return. Then again, given how easily the New Republic seems to have fallen in the Sequels, they should be scared of everyone. Feels like they did a pretty terrible job creating a defense force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I rank it as middling in the Disney-Filoni SW catalog, but it has its moments. For me Ray Stevenon pretty much makes the show - he was acting rings around everybody else. What a terrible shame to lose him at such a young age.

Now that they’ve added Thrawn to the mix, they have no excuses not to kick ass. He’s one of the most beloved characters in the extended mythology for a reason.
Oh man, I had no idea Ray Stevenon was dead. I first discovered him in Rome and was pretty happy when I realized he was playing Baylan (took me a while to recognize him). Another actor taken away too soon... feels like it's happened more often these past couple years
Old 2023-09-28, 20:56   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

RIP, Titus Pullo…
Old 2023-09-30, 14:48   Link #7
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only thing confusing me a little is why Thrawn has everyone shitting their pants at the prospect of his return. Then again, given how easily the New Republic seems to have fallen in the Sequels, they should be scared of everyone. Feels like they did a pretty terrible job creating a defense force.
I watched the animated series and to me Thawn feels like the usual end game bad guy, he's got a interesting personality in a odd charismatic way. From what I understand in the books he's a bigger threat that even the Emperor was concerned with him, I never read it so I don't know exactly
Old 2023-09-30, 17:21   Link #8
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Thrawn is basically like having Sherlock Holmes as a blue tactical mastermind. He learns about his opponents by cultural knowledge such as art. He rarely loses without having gained something that will lead to an overall victory. He tends to be big picture minded. We're he can afford to let the heroes get away or have a small victory in order to secure a greater victory for Thrawn down the line.

He typically only really loses to the Force, which he does not really understand, a random thing that enters the Battle he was not told about and therefore couldn't plan on, or his subordinates going off the plan and do something dumb.

The hope is that they will put a little space battle between Thrawn and a New Republic task force to show just how he outclasses most people by wrecking that task force with a crippled Star Destroyer and a hyperspace ring.
Old 2023-10-03, 21:44   Link #9
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

That was kind of a brutal ending with no S2 on the horizon. I liked the series quite a bit overall though I did watch Rebels for a while when it was airing. Couldn't really get into Clone Wars though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 23:14   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If you read the Zahn novels where Thrawn is originally introduced (which were excommunicated from the canon for many years until Filoni and Favreau came along) you’ll get why Thrawn has the stature he does both among fans and the characters themselves. He’s unique in the Star Wars canon.
Old 2023-10-04, 19:23   Link #11
Psyco Diver

Honestly this should have been called "The Misadventures of Sabine"

I liked it, better than season 3 of The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan and Boba Fett. I hope their able to make another season to wrap it up, or maybe curtain Episodes 7, 8 and 9.

Is it me or does Feloni seem to be trying to make the last 3 movies non-canon?
Old 2023-10-04, 19:52   Link #12
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Filoni stuff has doubled down on Palpatine/Empire working on cloning and the Force. The Imperial Shadow Council has Hux on it as setup in Aftermath. The New Republic is ineffective like the sequel trilogy. It is just that the events around Thrawn is like 20 years before the sequel trilogy. Lots of time.