Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-28, 22:59   Link #8161
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
I'd be disappointed, since it would be the same ending, though different, plot as Negima!? Neo and Love Hina. Basically.
Not only that, but that also means that Ken Akamatsu has pretty much screwed over the one major character (when it comes to Negi's students) that has yet to have some decent epilogue time here (I'll leave it for you to figure it out).
Old 2012-02-29, 01:57   Link #8162
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

So Basically 1 chapter for confession and 1 more for epilogue... Yue has my bet as well as Eva. More Yue considering how similar they both are. According to Asuna's comment. I'm still wondering whether it is possible for an Asuna ending???

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2012-02-29 at 02:37.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 02:04   Link #8163
Hata
時の異邦人

-- the final Negima volume 38 will be on sale May 17th, there will be no LE edition.

-- Ken starts the final chapter today, even though he still has 58 panels to go for 354 yesterday, the last absolute deadline ever for Negima would be March 7th, (355). because of that there will be no update of J-Comi for the week.

-- 37 LE is SOLD OUT on Amazon and Rakuten JP, so unless they emptied the storeroom for the reserve…

-- the Negi birthday on his tombstone is the same as his seiyu Rina Sato (Railgun, Kaoru/Amagami) on 05/02, however the 1993 year is in conflict with Ken's own note of Negi was born in 1994 summer in book 2, which of course is again in possible conflict of Nagi being sealed 10 years ago from 2003, this fixed it or just treat it as an alternative timeline.

==========
just to clear things up as Negima near the end, sources on where Ken said his things of course are from his twitters and blog diary,

-- on the rumor that Ken did not give the movie ending to the animation team earlier enough, which cause them to only start to anime the movie a month before the premiere, and cause the editing/shorting of the anime by 20 minutes and making the ending in Ken's own words, "confusing", Ken replies that he gave the ending to Shaft around the beginning of the year, (the movie was shown on August,) so he had no idea what the rumor is about.

of course, the lost 20 minutes were added back on the LE DVD.

-- on the apparently discrepancy of quality between the OAD and the movie even though both were done by Shaft, just remember, the OAD producer is Ken, the movie producer is Kodansha, enough said. Ken also said it is his style to let the anime team to do their job and not interfering.

-- on the rumor the Negima met its "rush" ending because it was cancelled by the editors, (Ken use the word "truncate" for the English FB, which is really not the same exact word in Japanese, the word literally means "cut off at the waist". which is something the mangaka at Shonen Jump are well aware of, Ken's reply, in essence, there is no editors at Kodansha got the guts to cancel a title which can sell to more than 57,000 people an LE at that cost of 50,000 yen/more than TEN TIMES of a regular manga book.

-- what is lost when people talks about the decreasing sales number of Negima from the beginning down to 200,000+ now, is the downward trend is a universal one, it is not that Negima sales just suddenly got bad, but every manga is suffering the same fate from scanlation except a few like One Piece, bear in minds Ken's LE sales pack a punch that is the equivalent of many regular book in value, so while the sales numbers are down, the total intake is still amazing. not to mention the total sale of Negima is still 20 millions+ for just 37 volumes, so the average for each volume will easily work out to more than 500,000+ copies.

-- I have been talking about this in various places, but there is no way Ken just suddenly decide to end the manga, this is at least a year or more in the planning, at the height of fan panic last year when the universal suspicion is the manga will end at the same time as the movie premier, Ken started a series of "each week/chapter a class 3A character says a few word on the author comment space on the index page of the Magazine." then I said the manga will last a minimum of 31 more chapters, add on the break week will guarantee the manga to run at least until… FEBRUARY 2012! guess what? Yotsuba is the 30th and last one for C351 near the end of January, (twins share one space?) and I assume Negi close the deal on C352, the same chapter which disclosed the manga is ending in 3 more chapter.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:40   Link #8164
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post

-- the Negi birthday on his tombstone is the same as his seiyu Rina Sato (Railgun, Kaoru/Amagami) on 05/02, however the 1993 year is in conflict with Ken's own note of Negi was born in 1994 summer in book 2, which of course is again in possible conflict of Nagi being sealed 10 years ago from 2003, this fixed it or just treat it as an alternative timeline.
Well, if it is correct - oh hey, I could complete his numerology chart.

I need some time to get it right.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 05:08   Link #8165
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
-- I have been talking about this in various places, but there is no way Ken just suddenly decide to end the manga, this is at least a year or more in the planning, at the height of fan panic last year when the universal suspicion is the manga will end at the same time as the movie premier, Ken started a series of "each week/chapter a class 3A character says a few word on the author comment space on the index page of the Magazine." then I said the manga will last a minimum of 31 more chapters, add on the break week will guarantee the manga to run at least until… FEBRUARY 2012! guess what? Yotsuba is the 30th and last one for C351 near the end of January, (twins share one space?) and I assume Negi close the deal on C352, the same chapter which disclosed the manga is ending in 3 more chapter.
I can't believe that this ending was at least a year in the planning. This ending is a mess that followed shortly after a couple of chapters that were either setting up a new arc or a near-complete waste of time. You don't do that if you're planning on ending things.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 05:18   Link #8166
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Does it matter? Either he actually planned this in advance, which means that Akamatsu has really lost his touch (just because you intend for it to end at chapter X doesn't justify bringing it to the readers in an abrupt and inelegant manner), or he ran out of steam and just can continue. No matter which, we're screwed
Old 2012-02-29, 11:23   Link #8167
Giriath

My guess is the movie end is the one he had planned for a year back.

I wonder how much time and effort he put into making this one...
Giriath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:12   Link #8168
Motor Bug2005

About Chapter 353: now that I think about it I wouldn't put it past Asuna to tease Negi about his supposed choice (her facial expressions while she's thinking about their compatibilty did look mischievous after all).
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 14:36   Link #8169
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Anyone expecting Asuna end despite the current developments.
Old 2012-02-29, 15:35   Link #8170
Motor Bug2005

AstroNerdBoy has posted his review of Chapter 353: Chapter 353 Review By AstroNerdBoy
Old 2012-02-29, 20:22   Link #8171
amasposu

Just read 353. These recent chapters are so painful to read that I am just going to pretend the series is already over.

My three shippings are: #1) Negi x Chisame #2) Negi x Ayaka #3) Negi x Konoka. While I like Evangeline, given their master/pupil relationship, Negi x Evangeline would be too awkward to ship. :(
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 23:36   Link #8172
Lisemer

Konoka?
Negi is a konosetsu shipper, why he would want to break it?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:50   Link #8173
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I can't believe that this ending was at least a year in the planning. This ending is a mess that followed shortly after a couple of chapters that were either setting up a new arc or a near-complete waste of time. You don't do that if you're planning on ending things.
I definitely agree that the last few chapters have been a major mess. A lot of that blame can be put on Ken Akamatsu opting to do a stupid "harem comedy" arc instead of giving proper answers to some burning questions (i.e. Ako's scar, Zazie being a demon) and the "Asuna being sealed away" storyline ending up being anti-climatic. Of course, another part of the problem is that Ken Akamatsu should have allowed Negi and 3-A to be victorious against CE on their own (rather than having a whole lot of enemies more powerful than the class show up, with the Ala Rubia having to take care of them).

However, after last night, I think I have an idea of where Ken Akamatsu is going with these chapters. However, I want to save my judgment until the last two chapters come out for reasons pertaining to the hunch that I have when it comes to why the past few chapters have been done the way they have been.
Old 2012-03-01, 01:05   Link #8174
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Egad, why didn't I ever thought about it?! They're both extremely serious and worrywart to the point of needing direct intervention from the outside to enjoy life a bit...Negi likes Setsuna!

Hmm, I wonder if Konoka would mind sharing...
Old 2012-03-01, 04:18   Link #8175
Motor Bug2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
However, after last night, I think I have an idea of where Ken Akamatsu is going with these chapters. However, I want to save my judgment until the last two chapters come out for reasons pertaining to the hunch that I have when it comes to why the past few chapters have been done the way they have been.
If you want to, could you tell me your thoughts in a PM please?
Old 2012-03-01, 04:50   Link #8176
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Egad, why didn't I ever thought about it?! They're both extremely serious and worrywart to the point of needing direct intervention from the outside to enjoy life a bit...Negi likes Setsuna!
That's what I thought too after Eva It's too bad that I don't think it would happen since Negi himself seems to support KonoSetsu shipping

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 05:44   Link #8177
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
That's what I thought too after Eva It's too bad that I don't think it would happen since Negi himself seems to support KonoSetsu shipping
Well he never mentioned being interested in girls back then . Normally I wouldn't believe it too, but considering recent developments and snap backs I don't know what to think anymore...
Old 2012-03-01, 06:40   Link #8178
EmagEvil

Negima...

... Its been since 2003 that i followed the scans of the 1st chapters... 9 years of passionate following...

... Now its ending, without more answering about the most mysterious questions(Nagi on his fight with the god of creation 20 years ago, his disparition, when Negi beat the god it's his father's face...)

... Well, everything have an end... Thanks Ken Akamatsu, and take care...

... Not! Its still too early! 2 chapters still remaining!

Last edited by EmagEvil; 2012-03-01 at 06:41. Reason: correction
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 12:48   Link #8179
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Early spoiler pics for 354 have shown up, and all I have to say about it is "UGH!".
Old 2012-03-02, 13:07   Link #8180
azziz

why are you complaining,the one being sexually harassed was yue,no nodoka.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy