AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-10-28, 10:20   Link #21
charles883

Those who watch Geed, EX AID and build, did you guys agree that Ultraman Geed is already better series than Kamen Rider Build and EX-Aid Combined?!
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 20:58   Link #22
justavisitor

I like geed. The latest episode (17) is so touching that almost makes me shed a tear, but still cannot match up with exaid yet. Every single episode of exaid resolves around the main plot and exaid has 45 episodes all served the same purpose. Even geed has some cool down episodes

On a broader scale, I don't think Geed has to beat Kamen Rider. They are completely different. I am just glad the ultraman has been getting better and better per series(I restart watching ultraman at ultraman x)

Oh, and I am so far indifferent to build
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 13:18   Link #23
justavisitor

Necro bump this thread a bit (The last post was also by me lol)

Just want to say that ultraman z's first episode is out. I think it's pretty good. I will give this series a chance
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2020-06-21, 03:01   Link #24
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

The opening is nice, would be nice if Z is Zero TV series though
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 04:44   Link #25
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I missed the classic ultraman.
Old 2020-06-21, 04:46   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ok, I'll try to watch this thing......

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh God! Look at all that childish humor & shameless merchandising-barely-disguised-as-an-Ultra-changer slapped on my face! This is why I miss Tiga, Gaia & Nexus. Even Mebius is better than this.

Too bad. The premise had potential and the action looks great & fun but I can see this one as a "so-so" show like the previous new ones. Eh, kids will eat it up. Good for them.

Also, did the OP try to mimic One Punch Man's or something?
Old 2020-06-21, 07:20   Link #27
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I missed the classic ultraman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ok, I'll try to watch this thing......
Oh God! Look at all that childish humor & shameless merchandising-barely-disguised-as-an-Ultra-changer slapped on my face! This is why I miss Tiga, Gaia & Nexus. Even Mebius is better than this.

Too bad. The premise had potential and the action looks great & fun but I can see this one as a "so-so" show like the previous new ones. Eh, kids will eat it up. Good for them.
I too, miss the standalone shows. I don't like they always use the past ultramans as toys (that's literally what they are doing these days). I hope they will leave the past ultramans and monsters aside for once (they always reuse the past monsters too)

Toy selling is another major problem. They try too hard nowadays.

Unfortunately, it seems like those sore points will not go away any time soon.

Aside from those issues, it seems like they know what they are doing in z.

The moment when the main guy discovers the giant also has a time limit is gold.
The "you are already dead" scene seems to pay tribute to the very first ultraman
They acknowledge the henshin sequence is way too long so they introduce the special time zone
Even after the hot-blooded yelling, you still have to press the trigger on the henshin toy

And they pack a lot of things into the first episode. Hopefully it is a sign that they know how to push forward the story this time around

I could be way wrong tho, but I guess it's okay to give it a try.
Old 2020-06-21, 20:26   Link #28
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

^Maybe they could try something new like Kamen Rider Ryuki.
You know, battle royale...Ultraman fighting each other and use own gimmick like cards or stuff instead stupid fusion.
Old 2020-06-22, 05:44   Link #29
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I'd like to see that. But nah, ultraman killing each other would made kids these cry.
Old 2020-07-15, 07:33   Link #30
iko_uwais

Just bought the 4k blu ray set of Ultra Q, it was expensive, but worth it. The remastering is incredible, Tsuburaya Pro really outdone themselves this time. It helps that the entire series was shot entirely on 35mm (used for movies) instead of a mix between 35mm and 16mm like Ultraman and the succeeding Ultra series. I would still love a 4k release of Ultraseven, though, that would be neat. But even more so than that, I would like to see a 4k remaster of Ultraman Nexus and also 4k remasters of the Ultra movies, namely: Ultraman the Next, Ultra Galaxy the Movie and Ultraman Zero the Movie, especially Zero the Movie. Man, just imagining the scene where Zero flies through the multiverse in 4k hdr makes me giddy.

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2020-08-11 at 00:02.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 16:04   Link #31
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
I would like to see a 4k remaster of Ultraman Nexus and also 4k remasters of the Ultra movies, namely: Ultraman the Next...
That would be great...I haven't seen that many ultraman, but I did watch ultraman Nexus, it's a very good show, but I think I like Gaia a bit more

Ultraman Z episode 5 is pretty good imo...they make a view from one of the damaged vehicle inside, and the mid-air battle is excellent. Story wise is also getting quite intriguing.
Old 2020-08-21, 20:23   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Haha

YouTube
Old 2020-08-22, 00:47   Link #33
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Haha

YouTube
That.....that is pitiful....
Old 2020-08-22, 04:11   Link #34
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Haha

YouTube
That's amazing, made me wish other Tokusatsu do something like this once in a while.

Old 2020-08-22, 15:13   Link #35
justavisitor

lol, personally I think ultramans yelling "sh!" "ha!" with a thank you text message in various languages would be funnier, but it's still good XD
Old 2020-11-24, 14:52   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, Kane Kosugi still looks great 25+ years after playing Ultraman Powered:

YouTube

Also, this is where Ultraman Powered reappeared (only part 1 so far):

YouTube

Even though I don't like the current Ultraman shows, it's always nice watching the Ultra Galaxy movies.
Old 2020-11-30, 20:56   Link #37
BBally81

It's great to see the Ultra franchise get a lot of love recently, back in the early 2000s it was one of those toku franchises that nobody in the English speaking Toku fandom wanted to touch, not even fansubbers because they saw it as "stale and boring".

While seeing them use the gimmicks to sell toys is disappointing, it's kind of a necessary evil for Tsuburya, they tried to stay clear of that with just giving Zero special armor and forms or the Ultra Galaxy series basically being Pokemon with Kaiju that was still more subtle compared to how 90% of Toei's Toku Hero shows tend to do it but that wasn't enough that by the time Ginga came out, the company was going through tough financial woes that they had to shut down Ultraman Land.
BBally81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-13, 02:27   Link #38
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Ultraman Z

Z has been steadily good for a while, good things fusion element lowered here.

It probably ones of new generation Ultraman that i enjoyed after years. If only this quality also same to Taiga as well

Ultraman Absolute Conspiracy

Bellial the Sasuke or Bellial the Obito?

Tartarus put his threat at greater stake now revealed he has ability to time travel and somehow get young Bellial to change timeline.
Old 2021-01-28, 16:54   Link #39
Helius

Shin Ultraman, another team up from Anno and Higuchi Shinji:

YouTube

That's some pretty significant visual downgrades compared to Shin Godzilla.

Also those easily recognisable visual styles and camera angles from Anno could use a bit more variety instead of one-size-fits-all, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Helius; 2021-05-15 at 11:42.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 10:47   Link #40
AnimeFan188

Netflix is making a CG-animated 'Ultraman' feature film

"Ultraman fans will have another thing to look forward to on Netflix in addition to the
second season of the ongoing animated series. The streaming giant is developing a
CG-animated feature film for the franchise still in partnership with Ultraman creator
Tsuburaya Productions. While the series continues the storyline of the live action
show from the '60s and focuses on the son of the original Ultraman, the movie will
have a new story altogether."

See:

https://www.engadget.com/netflix-cg-...063717834.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman