AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2020-06-26, 17:08   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Versus Road is over. It was shit from start to finish. Worst Garo series ever.
Old 2020-06-26, 18:08   Link #22
iko_uwais

Really don't care about any of the characters, even Crow is more memorable than they are. I want to watch badass Makai Knights kicking ass not a bunch of idiots playing vr game
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 18:28   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Really don't care about any of the characters, even Crow is more memorable than they are. I want to watch badass Makai Knights kicking ass not a bunch of idiots playing vr game
I have no idea what they were thinking when making this series. To think it's supposed to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the franchise.

What was even up with the ending?

Spoiler for Versus Road ending:

I hope they'll pretend this series never existed from now on.
Old 2020-06-30, 22:57   Link #24
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Then, I guess I'm the outlier who loves Yami o Terasu Mono and Versus Road.

As the series gradually reach it end, it has direction similar to Yami; good consistency and actually bother to made things less obvious instead of usual Makai Knight being shonen protags and antagonist with long, winding talk and 18+ stuffs maybe reason why I love it.

Even so, while I consider Yami 'perfect', I can't say the same to Versus.

Using VR setting is risky; open ending is fair play ... but knowing how everything Yami built going into trash can instead of making proper sequel to it because "Not Garo enough", no hope. Kudos to staffs who decided going over the top through boundary of standard Garo ideas.
Old 2024-01-13, 15:42   Link #25
justavisitor

Revive this thread because we got a new Garo TV series?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

lol, didn't know it even existed until I found it on youtube yesterday...seems like it's a 12 episode mini series, and more Ryuga
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 21:27   Link #26
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I hope they'll do Ryuga justice this time but I'll keep the expectation low.

I found it difficult to trust them after they shelved Ryuga for Raiga because Kouga timeline sells better.

Old 2024-01-19, 07:15   Link #27
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Intriguing. This could be as neat as Yami if they execute it right.
Old 2024-01-19, 08:22   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't realize it was out! Not sure whether to watch it now or wait until it's over.
Old 2024-01-20, 12:32   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Is Rian just not there?

Also a bit late to the party but I actually enjoyed Versus Road. Like it's very... off, for a Garo show, but I actually did end up liking at least some of its characters. And well, the few seasons of Garo I watched, I watched for the out-of-suit action anyway, which that show had pretty much exclusively.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 01:58   Link #30
B214

Maybe Rian was assigned somewhere else.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 09:43   Link #31
justavisitor

Maybe they break up

So far it's very Garo like show (very few characters, especially you know that two sidekicks from the trio are not really that important). Good thing that they stick to the main plot (well we only have 12 episodes)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2024-01-21, 19:14   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Was also surprised Rian wasn't there as well. Maybe the actress is busy.

The Horror's suits are really good, especially the one in episode 2. We've come a long way since the overuse of CGI in YamiTera.
Old 2024-01-26, 11:44   Link #33
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Old 2024-01-27, 14:50   Link #34
justavisitor

Hmm just what I feared..Third episode and nothing happens this time around.

Even worse, we see every characters crowded in a children's playground doing some training XD. At least make the training scene happen at the mansion lol.

Garo, since the fourth installments, always gives me a feeling that the setting is too small...don't know how to describe it, but it's always just a few characters interacting at a small or isolated area, and reluctantly has any long fighting scene with the armor on
Old 2024-01-31, 00:42   Link #35
Frontier

This was definitely a breather episode focused exclusively on the Knights (and featuring plenty of swordplay).

I'm genuinely surprised those three knights are still around. I guess they're letting the audience get to know them better before they become Horror chow and don't even get to transform .

The sad truth of the Garo franchise...the Makai Knights can hunt Horrors and slay monsters but they can't do anything about the evil of man that also breeds Horrors .

I'm really curious when Ryuga met Godou. I have to think it was after the first season of his show...

Godou must have been an old school Makai Knight, it looked like he had a Madou Tool. Most of the knights in the Ryuga era don't have them, as far as I can tell.
Old 2024-01-31, 01:22   Link #36
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Godou must have been an old school Makai Knight, it looked like he had a Madou Tool. Most of the knights in the Ryuga era don't have them, as far as I can tell.
In Ryuga timeline, Madogu is not widely used for two reasons:

- More method to pass knowledge and supporting others in modern era;
- High-quality Madogu requires it user to agree with contract to shorten lifespan.

Second reason contribute more to less usage as Yami came with explanation that Makai Knight once suffer a great loss that Garo armor became a legendary item.
Not many reason to justify using it among newer, younger Makai Kishi unless one wanted to keep long-lasting family tradition or got severe lack of manpower and/or knowledge to deal with Horrors; shorten your lifespan for talking ring is not awesome anymore (LOL).
Old 2024-01-31, 06:21   Link #37
B214

Another possible reason is that unlike Kouga's universe, Ryuga's one has less friendly Demon Beasts/Horrors that are willing to work with Makai Knights. Most, actually could be all of the Madou Jewelries are either form through contracts with Benign Horrors or Demon Beasts.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-02, 06:39   Link #38
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

After Decade, here comes Agito.
Old 2024-02-09, 06:54   Link #39
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

So not only Shouichi (Agito), Takeru (Ghost) is here too, look at the thumbnail.

I love how people mildly disappointed Shouichi is not high-tier Horror. LOL.
Old 2024-02-09, 20:07   Link #40
justavisitor

Do they really lack funding that much?? Ryuga doesn't even need to transform...