AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-31, 21:00   Link #201
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
It would be awesomely cool if Nagato's zombie could use the other Akatsuki zombies as Pains while retaining their abilities (Kakuzu has his multiple jutsus, Sasori has his puppets, Itachi has his sharingan and MS). But now they can use stuff like Shinra tensei, that missile thing etc...
This brings an interesting point: Would Nagato (the 7th Pein), who controls the realm of life and death, be able to properly resurrect himself and other Akatsuki members? It just seems like a pretty big paradox to bring him back, considering his abilities, and seeing how it took Naruto three times utilizing Sage Mode, 8-tailed Kyuubi, a 4th Sage Mode, and then a Rasengan... It's pretty freaking scary.

Not to mention Sasori's defeat - it took Chiyo, the best puppetmaster EVER (surpasses Sasori imo) and Sakura's herculean strenght and chemical compound skills...

I don't know, it just seems too insane. The Z-Squad will either have to have some kind of huge handicap, or it's going to take all the Teams (plus the use of allied countries) to take them all down again.
Old 2010-08-31, 21:22   Link #202
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Presumably they'll be somewhat gimped. Kakuzu is likely to only have the one heart. Pain won't have his extra bodies, since Konoha has those on ice somewhere. Sasori has none of his puppets. His body might not even be a puppet, but probably will be. Orochimaru, Itachi, and Deidara are likely to be at full strength, but there might be something off about them, too.
Old 2010-08-31, 21:43   Link #203
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I think the plan will probably to hold off the bodies so someone(naruto) go finish kabuto off.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 21:49   Link #204
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
This brings an interesting point: Would Nagato (the 7th Pein), who controls the realm of life and death, be able to properly resurrect himself and other Akatsuki members? It just seems like a pretty big paradox to bring him back, considering his abilities, and seeing how it took Naruto three times utilizing Sage Mode, 8-tailed Kyuubi, a 4th Sage Mode, and then a Rasengan... It's pretty freaking scary.
Highly doubt it...We've only seen the resurrection technique once in it's relative entirety when Orochimaru summoned Hashirama and Tobirama, and presumably, the tag that's used that restores the person to their original appearance while also robbing them of their free will, is most likely a necessity of using the technique to it's fullest extent...If Kabuto goes through the same procedure with his own gang of Akatsuki zombies, wherein Kabuto is practically Orochimaru v1.5, then the same brainwash is probably also necessary, making any chance of Nagato using the Outer Path to his own design very much moot...

On the other hand, Nagato's control over the Outer Path could also be used as a tool by either Kabuto or Madara to bring someone else back to life, depending on what the limit of the technique is, if there's a limit, where chakra and life force is the limit, but those are two things also moot to the zombies, only important to Kabuto as the resurrection technique's user...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 22:17   Link #205
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Could be Madara already has agents working for him within the other villages. Probably not Kumo, since he depended on Kisame to infiltrate and learn its secrets. But the Mist and Iwa are possibilities. Especially the Mist, since he had so much influence there (maybe Kisame wasn't the only ninja who learned his secret). We've already seen this type of thing from Sasori though, so I'm not sure Kishi would repeat the gimmick.

Might be mistaken but I think Kabuto also mentioned that the summons he showed Madara weren't the only soldiers at his disposal. If he meant more Edo summons then who knows who could be showing up: Hanzo, Yagura, the 4th Kazekage...
That's another idea an army of the dead
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 02:00   Link #206
james0246

The Chapter 508 Discussion thread is now open. Please redirect relevant conversation to the new thread...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 02:02   Link #207
sayde

Quote:
Would Nagato (the 7th Pein), who controls the realm of life and death, be able to properly resurrect himself and other Akatsuki members?
Maybe. But Nagato stated something I interpreted to be somewhat of a limitation to the technique when he said:
Quote:
I have enough time to save the people I killed in the leaf village.
In other words, I was under the impression that not even Nagato's technique can bring someone back if they've been dead for too long. Otherwise he could've, should've, (and probably would've) resurrected Jiraiya. Hell, forget Jiraiya, I'm sure he would've first brought back Yahiko and his parents a long time ago after learning such a jutsu.

Though I suppose "I have enough time" could've been referring to his remaining life span. Only problem is that wouldn't make much sense if Nagato was merely exhausted at the time and wasn't going to die (had he not used that technique).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 02:11   Link #208
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Maybe. But Nagato stated something I interpreted to be somewhat of a limitation to the technique when he said:

In other words, I was under the impression that not even Nagato's technique can bring someone back if they've been dead for too long. Otherwise he could've, should've, (and probably would've) resurrected Jiraiya. Hell, forget Jiraiya, I'm sure he would've first brought back Yahiko and his parents a long time ago after learning such a jutsu.

Though I suppose "I have enough time" could've been referring to his remaining life span. Only problem is that wouldn't make much sense if Nagato was merely exhausted at the time and wasn't about to die (had he not used that technique).
I do find it funny that again, being the 7th Path that controls life and death, is not immortal. I think a better representative of that path was Hidan, who could not ever die, but was still very much in control whether someone lives or dies after having had contact with the victim's blood.

Nagato himself should've been called Path of Resurrection though, rather than Path of Life and Death.

It could also be though, that just like the Death God jutsu, the mass resurrection takes your life as payment for the jutsu.

Nagato is just such a jumbled mess D:
Old 2010-09-01, 02:23   Link #209
sayde

Quote:
It could also be though, that just like the Death God jutsu, the mass resurrection takes your life as payment for the jutsu.
Once again...maybe.
However Konan implied the only trade-off to the jutsu to be a high chakra cost when she stated:
Quote:
With his chakra so low, Nagato will...(with the word she neglected to say being "die" I'd assume).
Conversely, she also implies he might've lived if his chakra wasn't "so low" at the time.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 07:25   Link #210
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I want to agree with everyone that Kabuto's zombie squad might result in nothing more than fodder, and there might be a sense of predictability since we've already seen them before...I was originally torn between the cliched thoughts of either pulling a new enemy out of the ass or just rehashing old enemies, and thought that rehashing old enemies would probably be the least painful of the two situations...

And then I realized that both cliched thoughts are still in play...Yes, you have Deidara, Sasori, Kakuzu, Itachi, and Nagato all in resurrected forms and all back from the dead...But you have an X-factor, an unseen 6th body that obviously disturbed the usually undisturbed Madara, so it's definitely someone of dire significance...It's anybody's guess who it could be, but if this 6th body is going to be utilized with the 5 confirmed zombies, then we may just be looking at a very powerful player that we haven't seen in action yet, if it's someone we haven't seen in action before and even if it's someone we haven't even seen before...Let's not forget about that...
Personally I think Kabutomaru and his Z-squad has been one of the most interesting developments in part II. I prefer him as a villain to Madara right now (though madara isn't bad), so his chapter was one of my favourites. One of the things Kishi has always been good with is the way he recycles his characters.

Adding a bunch of new enemies at this stage would be a sign that he hasn't actually planned this war out. In keeping past occurences relevant it's given me a lot of faith in what could happen next. For example Kabuto hasn't exactly come out of nowhere, he made a brief appearance and has been lurking behind the scenes the entire time preparing his Edo Tensei with every new fallen Akatsuki member, has a mysterious coffin up his sleeve, and has already started acting suspiciously with his supposed ally.

He's even more cunning than Orochimaru.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion