AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 2 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 35.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-26, 16:36   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-04-27, 09:00   Link #2
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Those Behemoths, man. The redesign and additional built-in weapons did gave those monsters more sense of dread.
SRT was given a fighting chance but taking one down still took some sacrifices.
There's one more episode to go to finish this arc. But it feels that it's gonna be rushed.
Old 2018-04-27, 09:23   Link #3
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Love the opening sequence with the Behemoths pounding on Merida.

And it's nice to see Nora back. I actually love the way she looks back then from TSR. Hopefully they don't recast her again when Funi releases the episode.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-04-27, 09:29   Link #4
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
There's one more episode to go to finish this arc. But it feels that it's gonna be rushed.
Considering the next episode's title, yes, it seems like the next episode will finish this arc. However, if they do that, it's not gonna be just rushed, it's gonna be terribly rushed - there's still like 35% of the novel remaining. I guess we'll see, but I don't rule out the arc ending on 5th episode.

About the episode itself, the CGI looked good this time around - at least that's my opinion. The battle scenes were nice and well-made, and there's a lot of details on the mechs, glad to see they put effort into making them look good.

And @Chidori<3, I hope you're happy now that you got your scene at the end of the episode . Just like I thought, they switched the order a bit and put both... erm, shall we call them confessions?... into one scene.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-04-27 at 11:30.
Old 2018-04-27, 11:41   Link #5
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
My biggest complaint about this episode is that they DID NOT USE TATAKAU M9 as the combat BGM, it would be soooooo fitting this situation and pumps up the blood.
The combat itself is pretty well-made, and while M9s move slower than previous works, they manage to make Benemoths look menacing, which is a plus.

I doubt about the last part though. In the original Chidori is in a distressed state that she's not sure if going back will work(it's just that dangerous), even saying that it's cliché for a kiss scene (and Sousuke needs to stun her before going back); here she appears much mentally stronger than the original, so I'm not too sure how will it go in the next episode.
In any case, the next will be a very serious episode, in all means.
Old 2018-04-27, 11:46   Link #6
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

The previous 2D M9 is much better than the 3D model, even the first FMP have better mecha animation then this. The 3d model is like a direct RIP from a mobile or PS3 game.

The only rant I have about this Ep, now I wonder how they finish the arc in next ep, there still so much material left over.
Old 2018-04-27, 11:56   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

See, I told you so back in episode 2 that they will adapt the "confession" scene. This is precisely why source-readers should not quickly and hastily jump to conclusions and complain on what the anime skipped and spoil anime-only watchers in the process. I've seen that kind of practice over and over again in various adaptations, and it's not healthy for non-spoiler discussions.

The episode itself is decent. The movement of the CG AS could use more sense of weight. Also, the ocean water-splash animation is somewhat lackluster. Other than that it's pretty good.
Old 2018-04-27, 12:18   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

CG felt fairly less jarring this time. That being said, the direction was pretty average, especially the choice of bgm (I didn't expect any remix whatsoever, and I believe it wouldn't be really good here except maybe Tatakau M9 just like HunterSeeker's suggested).
But seriously, the fight against Behemoth B was pretty flat, and speck last stand didn't have any "impact" when it comes to direction and bgm choice.

I assume they wanted to use a "somber" atmosphere considering how it is an "uphill" battle, but it really lacked intensity. Frankly, they should have used a rythmed BGM first, then drop it the moment Kurz failed, then follow up with a much more desperate tune (Pursuit from FMP1, or Taiji from TSR).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-04-27 at 12:38.
Old 2018-04-27, 13:02   Link #9
Dash_Hunter

The CG this time was good enough, at least now we know that they do put effort in the right place, that being the mech battles obviously.

Although the movement of the M9s still feels a bit wierd and weightless but it's not too bad, on the other hand I think the Behemoths' animation was on point thanks to their size, they have to move much slower so it doesn't look bad. The battle itself was really good and intense but I have to agree with the others that the BGM didn't help, after just watching it once I don't even remember if there was any music at all, and yes, Tatakau M9 or a remix of it would have fitted that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor
See, I told you so back in episode 2 that they will adapt the "confession" scene. This is precisely why source-readers should not quickly and hastily jump to conclusions and complain on what the anime skipped and spoil anime-only watchers in the process. I've seen that kind of practice over and over again in various adaptations, and it's not healthy for non-spoiler discussions.
Agreed, I just assumed that they would move that part to other episode, I mean we know they are going to skip a lot of things, they practically have to, but lets not jump to conclusions and even then there's a spoiler thread for these kind of topics.

Anyway, next episode should be really intense, I just hope it doesn't feel too rushed.
Old 2018-04-28, 03:24   Link #10
Applehell

Not as good last week. The exposition in particular kind of ruined the flow in fights with Behemoths.
Old 2018-04-29, 22:28   Link #11
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree that we should avoid spoiling things for people who haven't read the novels. However, I'm also wondering if the lack of discussion about this series is partly because so many of us here have already read the source material. Maybe we need a spoilers discussion thread? Then again, that wouldn't really help make these episode threads more active...
Old 2018-04-30, 06:21   Link #12
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Me thinks that the existing novel forum here can be used.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-04-30, 08:58   Link #13
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Me thinks that the existing novel forum here can be used.
Yes. If you want to discuss the anime using knowledge gained from the novels, the place for that discussion is the novel forum.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2018-05-01, 12:13   Link #14
Darthtabby

So I did a little searching and found we do have a FMP novel thread, though it's actually here in the FMP subforum rather than the light novels forum.

It also appears we already have a spoiler thread for Invisible Victory here in the FMP subforum as well, though it appears to be a renaming of an older thread.
Old 2018-05-02, 14:21   Link #15
Alchemist007
*Author

I realized that while I watch a lot of shows week to week, the hype of waiting on this in the same fashion will kill me. I'm going to marathon IV when it's closer to finishing/finished. Hope everyone enjoys!
Old 2018-05-13, 21:33   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Big One Percent

I just enjoyed and became anxious with the adrenaline rushes tearing me apart inside, as I watched helplessly how steadily Amalgam's front guard crushed Mithril's defenses.

My dear Mao almost got wasted, but she was saved at the cost of another life going down in glory to save their comrades.

Just please make it so that Weber survives with all the rest of Mithril.

Lastly, returning to Japan, Kurama's entrapment at the school sure is to appeal and to tick some kids nerves to come running to save their friends. However, my gut tells me for certain that both Chidori and Sousuke are not going to play the enemie's game but theirs in order to secure Tokiwa and the others.
Closed Thread