AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-11-05, 02:11   Link #81
IceHism

wow i want to see more of those octopus/shell people. please come back later. Also it was nice that they never intended to give phos away to begin with. Phos is really having an existential crisis on the other hand...
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 05:50   Link #82
moridin84
Custom User Title

Diamond didn't appear once Pho's came back. I wonder if it is because she forgot Diamond but they are leaving that relaxation to the next episode.

I wonder what other memories she could have lost?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 09:58   Link #83
videoman190

I think Phos will never forget about Cinnabar.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by videoman190; 2017-11-05 at 10:11.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 11:07   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kind of a slow episode to be honest. I hope the pacing picks up soon because other than some world building, we haven't actually had a lot plot developments in a whole 5 episodes. And now that Phos has returned, it feels like the plot is back to square one.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 12:04   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
wow i want to see more of those octopus/shell people. please come back later. Also it was nice that they never intended to give phos away to begin with. Phos is really having an existential crisis on the other hand...
I'm not sure about that. Both of them seemed more than willing to give Phos over in exchange for their family members. It seems more like one just felt guilty by realizing how they were trending in the direction of being as evil as the people they were handing Phos over to.

Probably also a factor was that they realized negotiations are useless. The Lunarians never intended to hand over anyone in exchange for Phos. Rather just use the sea people as much as possible and then capture them all over again.
Old 2017-11-06, 14:29   Link #86
Alhazred

Anyone else find it slightly icky that the first thought Aculeatus had when he woke to the scent of his sister's burning flesh was, "Smells like dinner!"

I mean, i've only ever had jellyfish raw, but i can't imagine it's any more palatable grilled.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 00:54   Link #87
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

No matter what happens and how imperious he acts, I'll only see Aculeatus as a cute squishy thing now
Old 2017-11-08, 11:31   Link #88
Mistyclear

Honestly when I first started watching this I didn’t think I would care much for it, but I was proven wrong, I’m actually quite attached to the characters, maybe because they’re not human, thus applying human logic to them is wrong and so I get to see a completely different aspect on things, trying not to apply human logic to things that aren’t human is actually quite difficult but it makes the series fun and interesting, to me anyway.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 15:05   Link #89
Alhazred

Okay, the Amethyst twins are waaay creepier when voiced.

Edit: Sadly, more sketchy translation choices were made this time around, the worst offender probably being the overly wordy reason that Phos gave for wanting to fight. IMHO the simple, verbatim translation in this case would have served much better, as it is the very simplicity of Phos's thinking that is supposed to be amusing/embarrassing to the older gems.

Last edited by Alhazred; 2017-11-11 at 15:32.
Old 2017-11-11, 18:45   Link #90
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah those twins were a little creepy but fuck it, it's Kanae Itou so I'll take what I can get.

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 18:53   Link #91
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah those twins were a little creepy but fuck it, it's Kanae Itou so I'll take what I can get.

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Spoiler for Episode 6:

Last edited by Alhazred; 2017-11-11 at 21:24.
Old 2017-11-11, 23:07   Link #92
moridin84
Custom User Title

What did Bort even expect Phos to do? Not doing anything was actually the correct choice.

Come to think of it, if Phos did attack then Bort would complain about her being stupid and reckless.

Bort is just jealous of the relationship between Phos and Diamond right?
Old 2017-11-12, 01:24   Link #93
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well...those twins did turn their backs to that thing. It was too easy to take down so there had to be a "secret weapon" on it. Crushed to bits...those Lunarians only think of those gems as objects and not sentient lifeforms.
Old 2017-11-12, 02:00   Link #94
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
What did Bort even expect Phos to do? Not doing anything was actually the correct choice.

Come to think of it, if Phos did attack then Bort would complain about her being stupid and reckless.

Bort is just jealous of the relationship between Phos and Diamond right?
Something than just sitting there and watching the Lunarians take off with their people. Even if she was nothing more than a diversion or even 'bait', that would give more time for the others to arrive. I'd be pissed too, even though Phos stated she was tired(and probably had been training all day to exhaustion), but Bort wouldn't know that information.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 04:27   Link #95
Pen3

Phos was expected to run and get the others patrolling nearby. Yellow and Bortz weren't far and the twins even told Phos to run.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 06:42   Link #96
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Something than just sitting there and watching the Lunarians take off with their people. Even if she was nothing more than a diversion or even 'bait', that would give more time for the others to arrive. I'd be pissed too, even though Phos stated she was tired(and probably had been training all day to exhaustion), but Bort wouldn't know that information.
Yes, Bort is probably thinking something like that.

However, it's completely unfair.

Everyone else has been going on patrols for hundreds of years but this is the first time she was in a patrol that ran into Lunarians. Plus, the last time she faced Lunarians, they broke half her face and stole her legs.

And the only way she could help is if she jumped onto the cloud, essentially jumping into the lion's den. That's just crazy when she can't find or even move properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Phos was expected to run and get the others patrollin
g nearby. Yellow and Bortz weren't far and the twins even told Phos to run.
They already knew though. The Lunarians appear in the sky so it is pretty obvious when they appear. If anyone is close enough to help then they are close enough to see it themselves.

I assume the patrols are designed so that order patrols are close enough to support.

The twins told Phos to run because they didn't want her to be killed by the Lunarians.
Old 2017-11-12, 11:57   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That's an......interesting relationship everyone has with the Sensei.... It's either really creepy or really deep given the Gems' nature
Old 2017-11-12, 12:12   Link #98
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's an......interesting relationship everyone has with the Sensei.... It's either really creepy or really deep given the Gems' nature
Eh, it doesn't necessarily need to be either; Kongou is a parental figure to all them, so despite how super-shipper Dia might read things, it's probably just simple familial affection. Rutile is just old and stoic enough to be embarrassed by Phos's "childish" expression of it, while Yellow is old enough to have forgotten that feeling, so is elated when Phos reminds them.
Old 2017-11-12, 12:34   Link #99
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I nominate sensei for elderly bachelor of the season along with Elias.
Old 2017-11-12, 14:31   Link #100
Dextro
He Without a Title

Did you guys notice how pissed off Sensei was when Phos uttered the word "Humans"? He knows far more than he lets on, I'm eager to see where that leads.

Tags
action, adaptation