AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-30, 19:11   Link #3241
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It's always a good day when Tom Brady loses.
Except when the Steelers are the ones who beat him. Then it's bittersweet.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 19:19   Link #3242
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Except when the Steelers are the ones who beat him. Then it's bittersweet.
Yes, this fucks with the "Pittsburgh is not getting into the playoffs this year" part of my narrative that I've got going for this season.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 19:34   Link #3243
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Yes, this fucks with the "Pittsburgh is not getting into the playoffs this year" part of my narrative that I've got going for this season.
Worst part is that their schedule isn't even very hard the rest of the year. How the fuck does that happen? Two years ago, which the schedules are based off of, they won the Super Bowl. Why is their schedule so easy? Granted, the Colts should have been a hard match-up, so about half their matches now have been hard. But the Colts aren't good. And coming up? They got the Ravens and 49ers as the only real threats left. At this point, I don't see how they don't get into the playoffs unless the AFC just has so many amazing wildcard contenders that they barely get inched out.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 20:18   Link #3244
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Philadelphia up 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter. ^^

I don't think Dallas coul play any worse. Their #1 in the league run defense isn't stopping McCoy at all. Vick is getting so much time in the pocket to throw. Romo already throws an interception. Looks like the blowout of the week at this rate.
Old 2011-10-30, 20:47   Link #3245
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

There's still another half for the Cowboys to adjust and let Denver keep the blowout trophy.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 20:49   Link #3246
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well, the Eagles finally had to settle for a field goal >.<. Yuck. Eagles need to keep pounding it down the Cowboys' throats.

Still 2 games behind the vagiants even if we win this...crap crap crap crap. And even if we beat the cowgirls, we'll still have the same 3-4 record but own the tiebreaker with them and the deadskins.

*Sigh*...how is this the same Eagles team that dropped 4 games already >.>...
Old 2011-10-30, 21:01   Link #3247
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well for one thing, the Eagles offensive line finally looks solid. Peters coming back has made a big difference and Kelce has been solid for a rookie. Vick has time to throw, McCoy gets even more space to tear through, inside receivers are having next to no coverage pressure.
Old 2011-10-30, 21:07   Link #3248
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Alright Eagles, nice to see you playing with such fire finally.

Also our OL finally seems to be stepping up. They're playing really textbook so far.

Lets pull off this victory and get right back into the division race, but more importantly lets embaress them cowgirls.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 21:48   Link #3249
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

yeah, not watching that trainwreck anymore, Dallas isn't getting any momentum on either side of the field. They're just getting outplayed.

I'll only hope for the best in the rematch, we typically win the return game.

But as I see it, it's the same shit every year against the Eagles, their passing game ultimately kills us.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 21:50   Link #3250
D2
Go Big Red!

UGHH... Two straight weeks, two straight last minute losses. This has not been a good October for me or my Badgers. Oh well, at least the Packers be rolling

Last edited by D2; 2011-10-30 at 22:01.
D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 22:17   Link #3251
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
*blinks* Saints lost to the Rams? didn't see that one coming...
Saints have trouble with the Rams sometimes. No matter the record. A few years back they were 0-8, and won their first game against the Saints.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 22:38   Link #3252
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

34-7...bah. Nowhere near as good as the Saints vs. the Colts last week >.>...

Step it up, Igglez...
Old 2011-10-30, 22:40   Link #3253
solomon

nice job by the Eagles. Looks like they finally woke up. Also can't wait for them to show a Niners and a Lions game here on the East Coast.

I wonder when Washington will get an NFL team again.

Well at least Virginia won on Thursday.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 23:24   Link #3254
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Saints have trouble with the Rams sometimes. No matter the record. A few years back they were 0-8, and won their first game against the Saints.
Oh it's more than the Rams...Other than the magical Supes season, under Payton, this is no surprise how we play down to teams we're clearly better than...We have 1-2 odd losses like this a year, like when Cleveland beat us last year...

Hard to believe the Rams suck with a D-line that good looking...Every year we play down to the comp and have a weird game...I don't deny the energy from the STL Cardinals winning the title could have helped, but when our team doesn't get off to a fast start it can get bad for us FAST...

In better news, atleast the Patriots loss too, but damn you Cards & Dolphins for blowing those wins which would have made the Saints loss less $hitty! And thank you Miles Austin for that last meaningless catch that helped me win fantasy 109-108...I feel way better about this weekened now...
Old 2011-10-31, 01:17   Link #3255
Samari
World's Greatest

Meanwhile the 49ers roll to a 6-1 record. I'm still not impressed with the passing game. We're going to need another quarterback eventually. Frank Gore can't run like this forever. And I'm really not fond of game managers.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-10-31, 02:09   Link #3256
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Meanwhile the 49ers roll to a 6-1 record. I'm still not impressed with the passing game. We're going to need another quarterback eventually. Frank Gore can't run like this forever. And I'm really not fond of game managers.
Alex Smith actually played really well today, I think he'll be fine once Harbaugh gets a chance to tweak the offense in the next offseason. The lockout kind of prevented him from making a proper overhaul this season.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 02:34   Link #3257
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rob Ryan needs a real kick up the butt. That clown put two safetys deep all game after how McCoy and Celek were tearing them up?! Hey, I was going for Philadelphia, but seriously, Rob Ryan, if you're going to mouth off like you did, don't expect anyone to cover your hide when you get pummeled like that. You could hardly stop a thing that game.

I'd really like the Sunday night game to be close for once...getting tired of all these blowouts. Pittsburgh-Baltimore next week and New York Giants - Philadelphia two weeks after that. Surely they'll be close...or is there a real Sunday night curse going on this year?
Old 2011-10-31, 08:36   Link #3258
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Worst part is that their schedule isn't even very hard the rest of the year. How the fuck does that happen? Two years ago, which the schedules are based off of, they won the Super Bowl. Why is their schedule so easy?
The new scheduling method doesn't really reflect prior standings all that much because fourteen of the sixteen games are fixed. There are six games against the other three divisional teams, four games against another AFC division, four games against an NFC division, and two other games. All the teams in a division now play the same non-divisional teams, so this year the AFC East is playing the AFC West and the NFC East. The divisional match-ups rotate from year to year.

That leaves only two games which can reflect past performance. Often these are chosen to emphasize "traditional rivalries" like the Patriots playing the Colts later this season.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 13:55   Link #3259
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The new scheduling method doesn't really reflect prior standings all that much because fourteen of the sixteen games are fixed. There are six games against the other three divisional teams, four games against another AFC division, four games against an NFC division, and two other games. All the teams in a division now play the same non-divisional teams, so this year the AFC East is playing the AFC West and the NFC East. The divisional match-ups rotate from year to year.

That leaves only two games which can reflect past performance. Often these are chosen to emphasize "traditional rivalries" like the Patriots playing the Colts later this season.
The two other games are also fixed. It depends on where you finished in your division the previous year. For example the 49ers play the Lions from the NFC North and the Buccaneers from the NFC South, who both finished third in their division, like the 49ers did in their own last season. The Patriots play the Colts because both won their division last season.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-10-31, 14:00   Link #3260
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Just gonna have to depend on the Ravens/Bengals to knock 'em out.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports