4 out of 10: Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10: Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10: Painful 8 6.25%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-12, 14:04   Link #141
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
havent seen the episode yet, but the screen shoot make 1 thing scream in my mind and it s SRB's quote on Demongod sign : Say NO to inflatable breast.
from what i reckon of this thread it seems this show is taking scrap of everyshow to make it as demagogic as possible.
fangirl pleased ... check
fanboy pleased ... check
FMP scraps ... check
code geass scraps ... check
buffon charac ... check
spoonfeeding storyline ... check
I for one agree with some of this.

Fan Girl- Its Loveless(Yaoi) art obviously.(gundam has been popular among female viewers). Biseinens are loners and somehow stick together.

Fan Boy- Obviously Setsuna is a shounen, way too young to be a pilot, happens to be friend with a boy and girl couple Saji and louise. Taking all the action by himself, just happen to be with a princess who plays a major part in playing the political good guys a.k.a hero characters.Lots of wasting time with Saji and Louise.

FMP scraps- Middle eastern boy wants to be japanese or having japanese characteristics, such as not believing in god and likes to play with swords.

Buffon Characters- Characters in the background with little story,unoriginal and just for filling gaps of the storyline and being the opponent of some characters for the sake of some actions and would probrably die later in the series.

Code Geass- Bishounens and flirty type characters.

Spoon feeding- Lots of big breast, and some relationship sparkers to keep the audiences waiting to see the potential couples light up together.

Honestly i hate seeing Seinens ending up being viewed as often suitable for Yaoi, for god sake, i for one like to see a normal seinen who have interest in girls. This is misconceptual!! Not all seinens who look cool have to be Yaoi or dead!!
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 14:17   Link #142
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Again, I'm just loving how some people are making these wild claims about things that either haven't even happened in the series, have barely happened, barely have anything to do with the series and/or make no sense. If people are going to come up with reasons to trash the show endlessly, can they not at least apply to actual faults with the show instead of assumptions on what people think the show should be or will be like.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 14:39   Link #143
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Loveless(Yaoi) art obviously.
Loveless is not yaoi, it's shonen-ai and yuri
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 15:22   Link #144
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Again, I'm just loving how some people are making these wild claims about things that either haven't even happened in the series, have barely happened, barely have anything to do with the series and/or make no sense. If people are going to come up with reasons to trash the show endlessly, can they not at least apply to actual faults with the show instead of assumptions on what people think the show should be or will be like.
You better be right that this doesnt continues dude, coz if its aint, theyre better be some eatin theyre own words out there and i do hope im wrong about it coz i wasnt wrong the last time about Saji and Louise.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 19:03   Link #145
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, on another note, so the red suit guy and the green hair guy (who dresses like a Roman imperial guard?) look to be the current leader of the Celestial Being?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 19:08   Link #146
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

More likely the financial backing of Celestial Being
Old 2007-11-12, 20:43   Link #147
Bocca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Ali literally had Exia on the run.

Plus, this guy is a mercenary whose probably fought all of his life so he's right up there with Sergei in experience.
The part where all his shots hit Exia was like....pro/aimbot.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:04   Link #148
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
dirty.... dirty dirty dirty dirty cliffhanger

wonder what makes ms.sumeragi famous though looking forward to the next 19 episodes
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:41   Link #149
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What's most marked me in this ep: Sumeragi's décolletage. How can any male work around her? (Wait... Does she have any male working around her?)

Why do people insist on taking on Exia in melee?

Dynames was wide open. Shoot him, you idiots!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:43   Link #150
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What's most marked me in this ep: Sumeragi's décolletage. How can any male work around her? (Wait... Does she have any male working around her?)
The bridge crew guys and Tieria. I'm guessing that if Lockon does turn out to be like Kurz, then Sumeragi is the reason they leave him on that island all the time.
Old 2007-11-12, 21:52   Link #151
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Who's to say the others don't have their own housing arrangements elsewhere?

I mean it looks like they're doing nothing but living in their hangar/containers, but looks can be deceiving.
Those Hanger pods look like they are more confortable than Setsuna's apartment. Perhaps Sumeragi thought living with normal people would be good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
This series way waaay too many characters. They should start killing some.
The Haro should kill Setsuna, Patrick, Tiera and Creepy HRL Doctor for a start. Then we could watch Sergei and Lockon hunt it down 48 hours style.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 22:01   Link #152
Virtue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
This series way waaay too many characters. They should start killing some.
Compared to what other Gundam series?
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 22:02   Link #153
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:

well it looked like they did try firing at the exia but it just dodged everything. I guess the MS pilots were thinking "let's make this interesting..." while dropping their guns.

sumeragi's chest seems to be where the attention is gathered it seems, well I guess that's 2 more reasons to watch the show.
Old 2007-11-12, 22:31   Link #154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Can we possibly get off the whole Sumeragi's breasts thing and maybe talk about something else, perhaps anything? Perhaps about her relationship with Billy. Like I'm all for breasts and stuff, but there really was a whole lot more going on in this episode, whether people want to admit it or not.

For example, now that the 3 powers are catching up, the CB seems to be re-outfitting some of the Gundams to keep the edge. What other upgrades can we expect them to come up with? I'm thinking something for Exia that will remove it's overreliance on speed and melee and a limiter release option if it doesn't happen to already have one.

Also, everyone is after Setsuna, much like in his flashback from the first episode, if he doesn't have some sort of major breakdown soon I'll be surprised. I get the sense he wants to leave those days behind him and becoming something impervious to emotion, never to lose anything again. He's already Stoic, but I think his "I Am Gundam" quote relates to him wishing he were really a soulless machine so he would never need to be reminded of the killing fields. The next few episodes should be a huge test for whether he will achieve such an ideal, or fail horribly.

Ali I can feel is definitely a key character as well who will shed some light on Setsuna's past more than the first episode flashback did.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 22:58   Link #155
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:

Well to be fair, Sumeragi is usually covered up a lot more or in a space suit during missions from what we've seen so far.

Exia seems to be too fast for most of the grunts to hit. Either that or their suits just can't compensate fast enough for the movements before Exia closes in melee range.

Dynames may look wide open but it's possible Haro has a 360 degree detection software. It's already controlling the shields and evasive maneuvers.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 23:09   Link #156
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
dirty.... dirty dirty dirty dirty cliffhanger

wonder what makes ms.sumeragi famous though looking forward to the next 19 episodes
The incident?

Let's see...she likes drinking, and she's the bombshell of the show...so add some college drinking parties, sex appeal, Sumeragi's special affinity to spirits, and I get the feeling that it has nothing to do with powerful robots but more like promiscuity, if you get what I mean.
Old 2007-11-13, 01:25   Link #157
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Well to be fair, Sumeragi is usually covered up a lot more or in a space suit during missions from what we've seen so far.

Exia seems to be too fast for most of the grunts to hit. Either that or their suits just can't compensate fast enough for the movements before Exia closes in melee range.
They have the number advantage, and melee isn't going to work. So spray and pray.

Quote:
Dynames may look wide open but it's possible Haro has a 360 degree detection software. It's already controlling the shields and evasive maneuvers.
You think Dynames is fast enough to bring the shields back in place and intercept the bullets? (Well... Maybe it is. But if so, they should own up and show it.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 01:43   Link #158
Virtue
Banned

Quote:

Their armor is too strong for those pathetic pee shooters.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 02:25   Link #159
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Their armor is too strong for those pathetic pee shooters.
...Or to be more precise, there are currently two types of normal non-Gundam MS armour in the 00 universe. There is the tough Tieren armour, and then there is the light transformable MS armour. The small caliber weapons used by most mobile-suits are designed to take care of transformable-MS, with moderate effectiveness against the Tieren.

Larger-caliber standard weapons had not been necessary until the Gundams showed up, because the assumption is that current armour technology prevent the Transformable MS from being any thicker while still able to fly, and Tieren is about as heavy as operationally acceptable. (The issue of max-weight is what forced the invention of the tiny spinning bar-shield for defense on flying MS.)

Gundams are an anomaly in all of this, because their engine allows the capacity for extraordinarily heavy armour without sacrificing mobility.
Old 2007-11-13, 02:38   Link #160
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And of course there's also the weapons. Info from the HG Union Flag manual do state that linear rifles do have two modes of fire: High-power shots, which sacrifice speed, and rapid-fire shots with reduced power.

We're assuming this also applies to the AEU's rifles, being the same technology afterall, and we do see the Enact and the Hellions firing their rifles at rapid-fire unlike how Union pilots (including Graham) have been shooting so far.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote