Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-29, 16:01   Link #21
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
after seeing Byakuya's fight, I feel sorry for Szayel. Forcing a captain of that level (and state of mind) go bankai and expecting a merciful end seems to be a bit naive - so expect an ending for Szayel worthy of his character.
You mean stuffing him in a bottle with his name on it? Maybe Szayel will let himself be captured in order to infiltrate the shinigami and spy on them.
Old 2007-11-29, 18:45   Link #22
Slayerx

y'know, i don't think i want Szayel to die... no, i think i want him to remain alive... as a live specimen of Mayuri's... as a living head in a jar... much like that picture someone post of Nemu

Afterall, if he wants a dead specimen, he can always scrape up what reamins of #7 and #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
......He begs for his life...... That was seriously lame.....an Espada begging for his Life...i mean, my God
Eh, is it that much more lame than how #9 cried out before dying?
it was a pretty lame way to go... could have atleast died with a little dignity
Old 2007-11-29, 19:16   Link #23
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
as a living head in a jar...
Its Richard Nixxons head!

At least the fight was quick, I just hope that Mayuri can end his fast, although in a different and yet entertaining manner.
Old 2007-11-29, 19:58   Link #24
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Its Richard Nixxons head!

At least the fight was quick, I just hope that Mayuri can end his fast, although in a different and yet entertaining manner.
A fight with Szayel ending fast? That isn't possible. That fight is going to last all the way until the end of the manga. The panel with Ichigo landing the final blow on Aizen will be immediately followed by one of Szayel somehow holding off the entire rest of the cast (besides Ulquiorra who is still trapped in the alternate dimension).

Seriously though, even though that fight has gone on way too long I actually would rather not see Mayuri defeat him TOO quickly, or the whole thing would seem like even more of a waste.
Old 2007-11-29, 20:21   Link #25
Jays

Updated spoiler! Mods feel free to delete my post and update the first one.

Bleach 302 - Pride on the Blade

Quote:
This chapter begins with the power from Gokei Senbonsakura has destroyed the top of the palace. In the middle of the sakura blades Byakuya’s voice is heard, “Gokie Sensenbonsakura Kageyoshi, millions of blades will surround an enemy in circle and will attack from every direction. Now disappear from these blades.” After his word, the blades attack Somari and the palace is getting destroyed.

After that he stands beside the barrier he has created for Rukia and Hanatarou. He looks at his left arm and sees the mark is still there. He then glazes back at Zomari and sees something like a giant ball keeps rolling around. But that ball has something like a mental belt with hollow masks on it except the ball is bleeding.

Zomari then appears. All of his eyes are cut by the blades except those two on his face. Byakuya calls back his zampakutou into a sealed form. Zomari now is so angry and screams he will not forgive Byakuya. Then 8 small eyes pop out on his forehead and aim at Byakuya. But Byakuya doesn’t react at all then sends Kidou #81 ‘Danku’ out. There is something like mirror between him and Zomari and that stunts Zomari so much.

Byakuya then says this wall can black any kidou down from number 89. And since Rukia is under 6 light canes BYakuya knows that Zomari’s ability is the same as kidous. That makes Zomari lost his cool again and screams, “Take my love from me. Take it! Take it! Take it!” Then shoot amore at Byakuya but fail.

Byakuya appears behind a freaked out Zomari and points the sword at him, “Now the creziness has taken over you? This is sad for the fastest espada.” Then Zomari screams back what does Byakuya’s look is for. Is it for not forgiving him or that he will kill him. And then says if Byakuya doesn’t know if that is an arrogance.

“You shinigami kill us hollows like it is the most normal thing! Do you think you’re God? What right do you have to kill us hollows!!? We don’t have any rights! You say we are the bad things which should be destroyed because you think you have justice! You’re just…” Zomari stops when Byakuya moves to his side and say, “When did I say I’ll kill as a shinigami?” Byakuya thinks of how Rukia was controlled and continues, “I’ll kill you because you dare pointed your sword at my pride. That’s it.”

With that, Zomari’s right shoulder until the thigh is cut. He then screams “Banzai!! Banzia!!! Aizen Sama!!! Banzai Aizen samaaaaa!!” Before he’s completely gone.

When Byakuya sees that Zomari is gone, he calls out Isane who is now kneeling behind him. Byakuya asks if Unohana has sent her and she says yes. She follow’s Hanatorou’s reiatsu to there. Byakuya looks at Rukia and Hanatarou and says, “The take care.”

A Scene cuts back to Mayuri and Szayel. Mayuri is breathing hard while Szayel has a smug look on his face.
Thanks to Spacecat.
Old 2007-11-29, 20:23   Link #26
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
A fight with Szayel ending fast? That isn't possible. That fight is going to last all the way until the end of the manga. The panel with Ichigo landing the final blow on Aizen will be immediately followed by one of Szayel somehow holding off the entire rest of the cast (besides Ulquiorra who is still trapped in the alternate dimension).

Seriously though, even though that fight has gone on way too long I actually would rather not see Mayuri defeat him TOO quickly, or the whole thing would seem like even more of a waste.
juding fromt he loox of the end of the chapter, mayuri's having trouble too (he's on the floor panting and Syzael is stil smiling....i really hope Szyael just tries to leave because if he dies then the bad guys are more outnumbered.. LIVE SZYAEL
Old 2007-11-29, 21:20   Link #27
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
would rather not see Mayuri defeat him TOO quickly
I know what you mean, I don't want it to be over in the blink of an eye. But I don't want it lasting for like a dozen chapters again. Sheesh, they are gona need to call a time-out soon for drinks break!

Besides Mayuri cheats...

Just to refresh my memory, Mayuri's released form generates a mist from the hilt that paralise's doesn't it? Or is it when the blade makes a cut? (Not his Bankai) I just have this feeling that he may somehow cheat and give himself one of those.. vial things he has for a pick-me-up (cheating?), then go poke a couple holes in Szyael stopping him from moving? Crazy scientist talks ensue!?
Old 2007-11-29, 21:23   Link #28
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
“You shinigami kill us hollows like it is the most normal thing! Do you think you’re God? What right do you have to kill us hollows!!? We don’t have any rights! You say we are the bad things which should be destroyed because you think you have justice!"
Tell 'em Zomari! Equal rights for hollows now! The "man" has been running things for too long now..

But it's kind of funny that Zomari would put it that way. I mean, is that the way most hollows feel: that they are being oppressed by Soul Society--that the shinigami are the predators? It makes me remember when Nel and the others first met Ichigo and thought he was a bad guy because he was a shinigami.

I guess most hollows are pretty animalistic and even those that become arrancar and gain intelligence tend to be violent. They fight the shinigami simply because they're someone to fight, but there may be some who become good like Nel but still oppose the shinigami because they believe them to be the evil force. Aizen might be using that perception of shinigami to his advantage. It would explain a lot.

I also wonder if hollows understand that when they are cut down by a shinigami they are actually being cleansed, not destroyed. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work, does that even apply to an arrancar? By Zomari's words, it seems like they believe that shinigami seek to completely destroy them, but that's not their true purpose. That's an interesting bit of philosophy Kubo put in.

But who cares? I want to see more fighting!
Old 2007-11-29, 21:47   Link #29
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post

“You shinigami kill us hollows like it is the most normal thing! Do you think you’re God? What right do you have to kill us hollows!!? We don’t have any rights! You say we are the bad things which should be destroyed because you think you have justice! You’re just…”
That is a pretty interesting point, though I really wish he'd have said it in a hateful and resentful way, instead of a whimpering and pathetic "why are you so mean to me?" way. The trash he was talking beforehand just makes it so much worse, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
juding fromt he loox of the end of the chapter, mayuri's having trouble too (he's on the floor panting and Syzael is stil smiling....i really hope Szyael just tries to leave because if he dies then the bad guys are more outnumbered.. LIVE SZYAEL
I think it'd be pretty funny if he actually won. This fight has gone on for so long it's like a novelty. Not to mention I also don't like Mayuri at all.

Quote:

Just to refresh my memory, Mayuri's released form generates a mist from the hilt that paralise's doesn't it? Or is it when the blade makes a cut? (Not his Bankai)
I think he needs to actually cut with it but it's also been a while since I've seen it so my memory may be off as well.
Old 2007-11-29, 22:45   Link #30
Virtue
Banned

Score one for Byakuya-sama and SS

Last edited by Virtue; 2007-11-30 at 00:14.
Old 2007-11-29, 23:02   Link #31
Lendial

its clear the gap between SS captains that ichigo defeated pre vaizard and even pre-bankai isnt as large as it seemed .

i predict victory for the remaning 2 though mayuri will play dead and tease his alter ego before stabbing his guts out.
Old 2007-11-29, 23:02   Link #32
Jays

I read another spoiler in which Zomari says that:

Aren't you calling yourselves as God!! Who have allowed you to slash us Hollows!!

Because we eat Humans!? Then who has given you the right to protect!?

What a pansy! I think he has to be the most pathetic excuse for a Arrancer, or Bleach character for that matter to date. Even those two arrancer, Iceringer and the other one, never acted like this.
Old 2007-11-29, 23:11   Link #33
EvolutionXI

Yah, Zomari's pretty pathetic. The way he screams before dying reminds me of Aaroniero's death, but worse.
Old 2007-11-29, 23:15   Link #34
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionXI View Post
Yah, Zomari's pretty pathetic. The way he screams before dying reminds me of Aaroniero's death, but worse.
I think Aaroniero's death is far better than Zomari's death. Aaroniero curses Aizen, saying that he believed in him, and the he made him certain promises. Besides I don't know why Aaroniero recieves so much flack. Logically speaking, no one in their right minds would have expected Rukia to do such a thing. Not only that, but he employed cunning and deception in order to fight Rukia, and almost win at that. Zomari was nothing but a blow heart who was like a pumpkin trying to reach the moon.
Old 2007-11-30, 00:17   Link #35
Virtue
Banned

It would be kind of lame if all the Captains win their battles by themselves.

I'd suspect Mayuri is defeated, but Renji & Ishia, Nemu + Nel's arrancar will somehow gang-bang Szayel.

And then maybe Zaraki vs. Nnoitra for all their glory.
Old 2007-11-30, 00:33   Link #36
EvolutionXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post

I'd suspect Mayuri is defeated, but Renji & Ishia, Nemu + Nel's arrancar will somehow gang-bang Szayel.
No way Mayuri is already defeated without even showing any of it. I somewhat agree about kind of being lame that the captains just waltz in and finish themselves though, especially if they do it easily like how Byakuya did. There was all this hype over the winter war, and now we're finding out the bottom 4 (and maybe more) Espada can get owned easily by captains.

Ishida and Renji are pretty much out of the fight aren't they?...They've taken quite a bit already. Dondo and Peshe might be able to do something still, but I don't exactly see them working with Mayuri all of a sudden. Plus, if they did, he might take an interest in them and want to capture them for studies (assuming he doesn't already).
Old 2007-11-30, 02:57   Link #37
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Fun chapter. I'm wondering now what further tricks Byakuya has up his kidou sleeve; we definitely haven't seen everything yet. It was nice to see that there were more limitations on Zomari's power, besides the one eye-one object rule. If the fight had ended in chapter 301, it would always have bothered me whether Byakuya could have stopped Zomari if he'd gone all out.
I particularly liked that:

1) Byakuya chose to cancel his bankai rather than give Zomari the honour of dying by it.
2) Byakuya commented on how sad it was that "the fastest espada" would end up like this. (Did he mean the begging, the pathetic pumpkin pie release, the arrogance or the weakness?)
3) It was great to see effective use of kidou and shunpo from Byakuya. Not many other fighters do it as well as he does.
4) Protective big brother that Byakuya is, he still referred to Rukai as his pride rather than as his love or his heart. Some things never change .

This was a pretty decent fight, except for the long speeches. It would've gone down better if Zomari had been Arrancar # 57 or something.

Of course, if Zomari goes against an enemy who doesn't know how his power works, he could still always get an instant kill by going for the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Tell 'em Zomari! Equal rights for hollows now! The "man" has been running things for too long now..
I also wonder if hollows understand that when they are cut down by a shinigami they are actually being cleansed, not destroyed. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work, does that even apply to an arrancar? By Zomari's words, it seems like they believe that shinigami seek to completely destroy them, but that's not their true purpose. That's an interesting bit of philosophy Kubo put in.
Just because death cleanses them, doesn't mean its something hollows would welcome. I'm guessing they would lose whatever power or identity they'd acquired after the hollow change, which is scary, purification or not. Its hard to give up all that one is. Regarding this class oppression, I'm hoping at some point or another, we'll hear Aizen-sama give an impassioned speech. A wanna-be Martin Luther King (may the great man rest in peace), perhaps? There's got to be some just cause keeping Tousen by his side; perhaps this is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
That is a pretty interesting point, though I really wish he'd have said it in a hateful and resentful way, instead of a whimpering and pathetic "why are you so mean to me?" way. The trash he was talking beforehand just makes it so much worse, too.
Yeah, Zomari doesn't excite too much sympathy. Now, if Kenpachi was stalking a terrified Nel and threatening to purify the little arrancar.......well, I might take her side of the matter.
Quote:
I know what you mean, I don't want it to be over in the blink of an eye. But I don't want it lasting for like a dozen chapters again. Sheesh, they are gona need to call a time-out soon for drinks break!
After the clothes change break, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened.

Quote:
Just to refresh my memory, Mayuri's released form generates a mist from the hilt that paralise's doesn't it? Or is it when the blade makes a cut? (Not his Bankai)
He definitely has to make a cut to paralyze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Zomari was nothing but a blow heart who was like a pumpkin trying to reach the moon.
Funny . Nice to see the reference from the Renji-Byakuya fight. I can't think of a bigger blow-hard than Zomari so far in Bleach, and that's saying something, considering this is shounen where every other villain needs to give long speeches.

Quote:
Considering what we thought of espada earlier, these uber-powerful, captain-plus
characters, it would've been lame for a "normal" captain to beat them unassisted. But after the performances of Espada 7 and 9, they've lost a lot of their mystique. Heck, Byakuya basically told Zomari that being an espada does not make him equal to a captain. The espada need to do something spectacular to show that they're main villain level.

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-11-30 at 18:55. Reason: read the chapter
Old 2007-11-30, 09:53   Link #38
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i'm going a bit out of topic but i was watching an old episode of anime and the bit where ichigo's dad was speaking to urehara about the vizard, does anyone know hat he may have ment when he said that 'they're(vizard) also preparing for some kind of battle'. i dont think that he was talking about the winter war.
also in the manga is that mentioned? about the vizard preparing for battle. (havent read back only new stuff)
if all this is true than that means that the vizard will have a big role.
Old 2007-11-30, 16:08   Link #39
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

the fastest espada is also the quickest to die, ah.....the irony.

oh well, i guess its time for some kenpachigrimmjow tag team action then. Mayuri.....lol, nemu to the rescue. Come to think of it, she doesn't have any organs.
Old 2007-11-30, 22:47   Link #40
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:

And then maybe Zaraki vs. Nnoitra for all their glory.
lol i always meant to make a comment but i cudnt remember until this, yopu're so right about the gang bang thing but doesnt it make the characters seem stupid now, the way that.. somehow Mayuri is exhauste don the floor and Szyael is still untouched? Honestly when mayuri showed up,...i expected at least renji to throw in some cheap shots at Szyael... why fight fair when you've been losing for the past 1/2 year >,> urhg, i hope mayuri loses for the sake of losing.... and Wonderwice better join espada and Halibel is sexy... is all i have to say (#1 Halibel!!! hgopefully) ah and kenpachi vs. noi... im still waiting for it.. but its like...i always wanted ken vs. Grimmy... >,> but that wont happen it seems...any comments on grimmys judgment after this is all done?
Closed Thread