AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 09:29   Link #4521
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

well i suppose if you can't do it with one then do it with to, it does seem like the most plossible outcome to use exia and o gundams drives
Quote:
This allows it to boast particle emisson volumes surpassing all other units."
from the gundam info
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 09:43   Link #4522
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wonder why they don't put the 2 GN Drives in the new Virtue instead since it obviously will need a lot of energy
Old 2008-07-11, 09:53   Link #4523
Copy Ninja Kakashi

I'm little disappointed with the new MS. I was hoping on a hole new arsenal of MS. This is just the Freedom - Strike Freedom, Justice - Infinity Justice effect...
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 10:02   Link #4524
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja Kakashi View Post
I'm little disappointed with the new MS. I was hoping on a hole new arsenal of MS. This is just the Freedom - Strike Freedom, Justice - Infinity Justice effect...
Actually, this has been a Gundam tradition since the beginning, with the upgrade suits being nothing more than a step up from the originals. You have the RX-78 Gundam > RX-178 Gundam Mk. II, the Victory Gundam > V2, the GP01 > GP01FB, Wing Gundam > Wing Zero, Gundam Ground Type to EZ-8 etc... all Gundams which have different capabilities, but more or less resembled their predecessors in design concept.

Keep in mind that 00 is still a 50 episode series just divided into two seasons. In terms of upgrades, THESE would be the "mid season" upgrades, much like how Strike > Freedom, but this time much more logical given that these machines are from the same manufacturer.

This is not a SEED -> SEED Destiny transition, this is episode 25 -> episode 26 design transitions, and thus isn't similar to the Freedom > Strike Freedom transition at all.

Not everything in Gundam began with Gundam SEED/Destiny.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 10:16   Link #4525
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
In terms of upgrades, THESE would be the "mid season" upgrades, much like how Strike > Freedom, but this time much more logical given that these machines are from the same manufacturer.
I disagree, neither one is more logical than the other based on manufacturer. Using the same manufacturer can only be more logical if you're upgrading parts, not when you're changing to a whole new unit.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 11:39   Link #4526
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This is a Sci-Fi-Series. They have elevators to space and GN drives... IMHO the time should be more than enough.
Do you remember the dudes who went to that ship wreck orbiting Jupiter in order to steal precious data to build the GN Drives? They said they traveled for SEVEN years to reach the ship wreck, so four years isn't enough even in the 00-verse!!!

Quote:
However, let's assume that they weren't able to build new drives: So now we should ask ourselves, which of the five drives are in which machine.
We know, that the 00 contains 2 drives... one them seems to be Exia's old drive, but what's with the other one? We know for sure, that it's not the one from the sidestories (it was said to be incompatible), so my guess would be on Virtue's drive, since it was ejected anyways at the end of season one.
Who cares about whose the GN Drives equipped on 00 are! They're two GN Drives: it's more than enough!
The only impressive thing is that 00 will be able to go 2x Trans Am: it's Exia on steroids!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr81 View Post
it suppose to take years to build the GN-drives and now we have 2 for exia?
It's for 00, not for Exia. This is season 2, not season 1 dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
The Tau drives and the authentic GN Drives have the same power output. They're the same. It doesn't matter if you have more of a certain drive over another.
Finally someone wrote the truth! GN Drives are the timeless version of the Tau Drives, that's all! The power output is EXACTLY THE SAME!!!
Too bad the original GN Drives can't be mass produced, while the Tau Drive can without problems! Who cares about GN Drives if I can make one hundred Tau Drives to take down a MS based on a GN Drive!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:02   Link #4527
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post

Finally someone wrote the truth! GN Drives are the timeless version of the Tau Drives, that's all! The power output is EXACTLY THE SAME!!!
Too bad the original GN Drives can't be mass produced, while the Tau Drive can without problems! Who cares about GN Drives if I can make one hundred Tau Drives to take down a MS based on a GN Drive!

Because the founders of Celestial Being were mostly Nobel Laureates and the concern over environmental effects of GN particles would undoubtedly be a major issue.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:15   Link #4528
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
Because the founders of Celestial Being were mostly Nobel Laureates and the concern over environmental effects of GN particles would undoubtedly be a major issue.
Yeah CB were worried about some pandas of course...
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:57   Link #4529
cyberdemon

Quote:
Do you remember the dudes who went to that ship wreck orbiting Jupiter in order to steal precious data to build the GN Drives? They said they traveled for SEVEN years to reach the ship wreck, so four years isn't enough even in the 00-verse!!!
wasn't that also like 80 years prior to 00? In that time CB could've made a ship that could traverse that in a fraction of the time.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:59   Link #4530
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinkevin View Post
My guess is Exia's+ 0 Gundam's since either one of them alone wasn't enough, so they put both of them in 00.
All the remaining gundams get the GN Drives from their previous generation gundam.
No, as already mentioned in this thread and in Ep 25 of Season 1, 0 Gundam's GN Drive is not compatible with 00.

Quote:
So? Where did it say that the journey to Earth for CB's newest GN Drive didn't begin 3 years before Season 1? We weren't given any information for what the other "branches" of CB were doing during the first season, just what was happening to the Ptolemaios crew.

Remember, all of this is STILL Aeolia's plan, so he probably planned it so that the GN Drive would arrive at Earth JUST when the 00 Gundam is made...

Quote:
Who cares about GN Drives if I can make one hundred Tau Drives to take down a MS based on a GN Drive!
I guess we shall see in Season 2, right?

I'd be surprised if the Feddies don't have even more than 100 Tau-equipped suits, and they don't try to use them all against the Gundams.
Old 2008-07-11, 17:01   Link #4531
xytrix

HG Double O
Spoiler:
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 17:06   Link #4532
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm gonna save my comments until I see it action...It seems a bit cumbersome with the drives on it's shoulders is all...I'm diggin' the dagger gun though...
Old 2008-07-11, 17:33   Link #4533
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

First, Setsuna copies Cloud, then SQUALL!? There should be a meme that Setsuna's some S-E fanboy
Old 2008-07-11, 17:34   Link #4534
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
HG Double O
Spoiler:
Obvious from this pic that the GN drives can turn to the rear...

As for the gunblade, meh... I prefer Exia's.
Old 2008-07-11, 17:58   Link #4535
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

So it appears even Exia's weapons look cooler than the 00's.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:59   Link #4536
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Obvious from this pic that the GN drives can turn to the rear...

As for the gunblade, meh... I prefer Exia's.
Same, I prefer Exia's weaponry, but of course we don't exactly know all of 00's weapons at this point. And if it can turn the GN Drives, that answers my unasked question of how it flies. >_>
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 07:59   Link #4537
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
HG Double O
Spoiler:
The lancer weapon remind me from the Crossbone Vanguard of F-91. What's the name of the magazine from?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 09:16   Link #4538
gekido666

Hobby Japan most likely.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 09:35   Link #4539
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Yeah, it took them seven years... so what? That was EIGHTY years prior to the season timeline.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 09:54   Link #4540
Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The lancer weapon remind me from the Crossbone Vanguard of F-91. What's the name of the magazine from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekido666 View Post
Hobby Japan most likely.
Not a magazine. You can see the distinct hand cursor from the image.
Delusional is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers