AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-02, 18:03   Link #121
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Ep 9 is fun. I think Eugene and Yui make a nice couple. Li Ren is really the man. He can even cook.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 01:45   Link #122
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

^^Haha, yeah, I love a man that can work a wok. That episode made me go make fried rice, the way SM & Klannad made me go hunt down Mochiko to make dangos, LOL.

I have a quick question about their ages. Kajika is 14, Lumati is 16, I think. How old is everyone else?

If I were to guess, I think Li Ren & Eugene is 16-17. IDK, though.

And on the same note, for those who have read the manga, does the story span over a period of time? I ask because they were talking about Oxford, and I just thought if it did span over a few years, it would be fun to see Kajika having fun in college. :XD
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 02:02   Link #123
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
^^Haha, yeah, I love a man that can work a wok. That episode made me go make fried rice, the way SM & Klannad made me go hunt down Mochiko to make dangos, LOL.

I have a quick question about their ages. Kajika is 14, Lumati is 16, I think. How old is everyone else?

If I were to guess, I think Li Ren & Eugene is 16-17. IDK, though.

And on the same note, for those who have read the manga, does the story span over a period of time? I ask because they were talking about Oxford, and I just thought if it did span over a few years, it would be fun to see Kajika having fun in college. :XD
i think Li-ren is 19-20 and Eugene is the same as Li-Ren. those two are the oldest of the 4 guys.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 03:23   Link #124
*reira*

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
i think Li-ren is 19-20 and Eugene is the same as Li-Ren. those two are the oldest of the 4 guys.
Their birthdates refer to the time the manga takes place (in 1993-1994).
Kajika was born in November 1979, making her 14
Li Ren was born in August 1974, which makes him 19

As for the candidates
Lumati was born in April 1979, 14 years of age
Eugene was born in November 1973, 20 year-old
Carl was born in May 1973, he's actually 21 at the time he's introduced in the story (in 1994).

The oldest of the chosen boys would then be Carl.

Quote:
And on the same note, for those who have read the manga, does the story span over a period of time?
Yes, it does.
*reira* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 17:02   Link #125
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that m33w will be delayed about a week or so because the guy who does the Translation Check is suffering from Civil Engineering Finals at school. Sorry about the delay and we hope to get back on schedule after he's done.

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 11:01   Link #126
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that m33w will be delayed about a week or so because the guy who does the Translation Check is suffering from Civil Engineering Finals at school. Sorry about the delay and we hope to get back on schedule after he's done.
Don't be sorry. Take your time and thanks for your releases!
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 11:56   Link #127
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
take your time as you long Do great work as always
Old 2009-06-09, 18:47   Link #128
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Okay the more I watch it's becoming apparent to me that Kajika was in love with Li Ren from the very beginning (and she doesn't know it herself but the way she reacts toward him pretty much gives it away.)
Ep 10
Spoiler:

Last edited by Grifis; 2009-06-09 at 20:02.
Old 2009-06-09, 21:46   Link #129
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Okay the more I watch it's becoming apparent to me that Kajika was in love with Li Ren from the very beginning (and she doesn't know it herself but the way she reacts toward him pretty much gives it away.)
Ep 10
Spoiler:
It is too bad they didn't show the whole story of Lumati in this episode, You question is right on track. send me a PM if you want the question answered because it counts as future events from the manga spoiler.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:19   Link #130
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
It is too bad they didn't show the whole story of Lumati in this episode, You question is right on track. send me a PM if you want the question answered because it counts as future events from the manga spoiler.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-10, 01:22   Link #131
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

We've (m.3.3.w) been romanising his name as Rumati. Is there any reason to believe that the way we've been spelling his name is incorrect?

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2009-06-10, 07:11   Link #132
golthin

Quote:
We've (m.3.3.w) been romanising his name as Rumati. Is there any reason to believe that the way we've been spelling his name is incorrect?
Rumati or Lumati it is up to how people romanise things.
Old 2009-06-10, 13:10   Link #133
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Rumati or Lumati it is up to how people romanise things.
Ok, that's fine. I was just trying to make sure I didn't miss an official romanisation somewhere ^_^

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2009-06-10, 18:09   Link #134
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know, thank you for your efforts!

Quote:
I don't know how I feel about your point of view. It seems to me that Kajika is so composed and so clear in the head that when she said she loved Li Ren as a brother, I don't doubt her. So, I don't think she's IN love with him now, but I think her love for him will change.

Quote:
Ok, that's fine. I was just trying to make sure I didn't miss an official romanisation somewhere ^_^
I always thought it was "Lumati" deriving from the French-rooted word "Luminary," which literally means someone who gives off light and shines. It seemed rather like a befitting name for a Prince. I thought that Lumati was the Prince's name because of this meaning, but I may well be subscribing to uncredited thoughts.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 18:28   Link #135
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Thanks for letting us know, thank you for your efforts!

I don't know how I feel about your point of view. It seems to me that Kajika is so composed and so clear in the head that when she said she loved Li Ren as a brother, I don't doubt her. So, I don't think she's IN love with him now, but I think her love for him will change.

I always thought it was "Lumati" deriving from the French-rooted word "Luminary," which literally means someone who gives off light and shines. It seemed rather like a befitting name for a Prince. I thought that Lumati was the Prince's name because of this meaning, but I may well be subscribing to uncredited thoughts.
You are right, but because there is not an official way to romanise the "L" sound from foreign words, until an official way to romanise the name appears, either one is acceptable. My personal methord is that when you romanise a japanese word, you use "R" and when you romanise a foreign word that actually has an L sound you use "L". It is like Li Ren, notice that some people sometime romanize his name Ri Ren, but in the manga the Li Ren spelling appears.
Old 2009-06-10, 19:24   Link #136
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
You are right, but because there is not an official way to romanise the "L" sound from foreign words, until an official way to romanise the name appears, either one is acceptable. My personal methord is that when you romanise a japanese word, you use "R" and when you romanise a foreign word that actually has an L sound you use "L". It is like Li Ren, notice that some people sometime romanize his name Ri Ren, but in the manga the Li Ren spelling appears.
Well, we probably won't know for sure until somebody officially licenses either the manga or the anime, but Li Ren kind of makes sense b/c he's Chinese, although it might should be Li Len, but, I digress... Anyway, the translator (and me, for consistency's sake, although MikaMiaka's reasoning makes sense) is going to keep it as Rumati unless it's officially romanised. However, this is kind of re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic (admitedly started by me >_<), so I'll just drop it for now ^_^ Anyhoo, I was just curious. Cheers, and keep enjoying the show!

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2009-06-11, 18:04   Link #137
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ep 10:

Interesting to see Mahati tale, Me wants MOAR!

Ps: Do most Americans usually refer to their Grandparents by their first name?

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-06-11 at 19:21.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 19:57   Link #138
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post

Ps: Do most Americans usually refer to their Grandparents by their first name?
That was bothering me while watching it. Don't the Japanese know that Americans also call grandpa grandpa ? Or is that the Barnsworth thing...
Old 2009-06-11, 20:16   Link #139
golthin

Quote:
That was bothering me while watching it. Don't the Japanese know that Americans also call grandpa grandpa ? Or is that the Barnsworth thing...
Kajika is kind of special, remember she doesn't call her father "dad" , "daddy" or "father".
She treats them as Friends. I was the same, I was the oldest grandchild and I called my grandmother and Grandfather by the nicknames that all the neighborhood people called them.
Old 2009-06-18, 18:52   Link #140
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
so if someone marries their cousin >>>> father's brother's son that's incest right?? even though it's not extremely closely blood related? but i hear that some people marry their cousins and it's legal 0_0.

Tags
romance, shoujo