AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-18, 14:48   Link #181
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Same might have to invest. Could do with a game to pass the time. Have to keep an eye out for the steam sales.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 14:52   Link #182
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm giving free candy for the loli, lolz.
Please don't tell me you want to give them free -chocolate bars- too!

You know, you should be glad that the game doesn't have town sheriffs or police equivalents. Your shop would get closed down for suspicious activity.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 15:15   Link #183
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

You know, you should be glad that the game doesn't have town sheriffs or police equivalents. Your shop would get closed down for suspicious activity.
Doubtful, they seem to be lacking child labor laws afterall.
Old 2010-09-18, 15:24   Link #184
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

this is the middle ages, anything is legal as long as the appropriate people are payoff.
Old 2010-09-18, 15:38   Link #185
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:

...except it's a loli giving candy to the loli.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 18:42   Link #186
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i just had several customer (young man) asking fro weapons and then say it was too much even when i went below 20% markup. That after serveral had purchase weapons above the 25% markup.

am i charging too much or is it they just can afford it.

Same thing with the fairy, several items he ask for i went 15% to 10% and he still i say charge too much.

edit: try it with no markup and they still i say i am too expensive.

so whats going on?

currently 2nd week lvl5.
Old 2010-09-18, 20:33   Link #187
Xacual

Been playing my game since I bought it last night. So far day 16, I beat Tielle last night with Charme not sure why people say Charme is weak against her I didn't have that much problems just used Flame rush thing to dodge if anything was going to hit me. Also ran into Nagi three times so far I have to run into her 4 times right before she'll visit the shop?

Also just a general judge on how I'm doing, day 16 I'm at 57k and next payment is 80 and I still have the whole week before that comes. Going to try to get to 200k before 80k is due.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 23:33   Link #188
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I guess I should jump on the bandwagon. Anyone know the how the sales of this game went?
At one point it out-sold Civilization 5 (though that didn't last long, as Steam seems to track revenue generated more than number of actual sales). That's pretty good for an indie game that got most of its exposure through word-of-mouth. It's worth every penny though.
Old 2010-09-19, 01:37   Link #189
Xacual

Yeah it's been fun so far. Quick question and I can't find an answer for it, if I get a true card for nagi and then choose endless mode to get armah's true card too. Would that mean I'd start with both of them in a new game?

Honestly it seems like the biggest trick to get lots of money is to save a lot and then reload if certain things don't sell during inflation periods. Had an inflation on weapons and had 3 of the 25k+ weapons in my window and just was reloading until 2/3 sold, easy 150k for that day...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-09-19, 01:47   Link #190
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i just had several customer (young man) asking fro weapons and then say it was too much even when i went below 20% markup. That after serveral had purchase weapons above the 25% markup.

Same thing with the fairy, several items he ask for i went 15% to 10% and he still i say charge too much.

so whats going on?

currently 2nd week lvl5.
You have to butter up each character over time (build the relationship). So start out selling at whatever price point gives you those blue "near pins" (usually around 108% but varies by character) and then you can slowly ramp up til the handsome man and the guild master are happily paying you 135% and more on normals.

Basically, there's a hidden "relationship" value. You know you're doing really well with them when they start having a "heart" speech bubble on a sale completion. Each character has different comfort levels, both initially and what they'll max out at being willing to pay.

The fairy (she's a girl... just slender) is really tight with her money ... you actually need to start off at 90-100% to win her over.
Old 2010-09-19, 02:14   Link #191
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You have to butter up each character over time (build the relationship). So start out selling at whatever price point gives you those blue "near pins" (usually around 108% but varies by character) and then you can slowly ramp up til the handsome man and the guild master are happily paying you 135% and more on normals.

Basically, there's a hidden "relationship" value. You know you're doing really well with them when they start having a "heart" speech bubble on a sale completion. Each character has different comfort levels, both initially and what they'll max out at being willing to pay.

The fairy (she's a girl... just slender) is really tight with her money ... you actually need to start off at 90-100% to win her over.
Here is the rank of the characters who are willing to pay $$ :

1. Alouette (YEAH, rich girl!)
2. Guildmaster
3. Young Man
4. Obaa-chan
5. Loli
6. Prime

Adventurers are arbitary, Louie once bought a $46,800 demonbane from me, marked up 130%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Doubtful, they seem to be lacking child labor laws afterall.
Quote:
this is the middle ages, anything is legal as long as the appropriate people are payoff.
Child labour does not include entrepreneurship I think. It is called self-employment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...except it's a loli giving candy to the loli.
I was hoping it would go further than that, with Recette going, "Come! Let onee-chan give you a bath!"

Quote:

so whats going on?

currently 2nd week lvl5.
Each NPC has a spending limit, supposedly the highest is the Obaa-san who can spend up to $3,500 at the start. The loli has the lowest budget at $600.

You can increase your percentage profit as long as it stays within their budget. Sell cheaper goods to them when they make pre-orders so as to mark up your relationships, I still have not tested how much increase in budget per relationship level for each NPC.

Your adventurers are different. Once you get their True cards, they seem to have over $10k budget each.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-19, 03:08   Link #192
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

so whats going on?

currently 2nd week lvl5.
When they choose the item on their own, they are able to afford it, but when they ask for your opinion (like, need a book, weapon, etc.), then you'll have to estimate their budget and choose appropriated item within their budget. As the relationship (or reputation toward them) raise, their budget also increases, so keep that in mind and always stock cheap stuffs in your shop just in case.
I learned it the hard way through our precious loli .

Btw, regarding this:
Quote:
Is there any male fairy in the game?
Old 2010-09-19, 10:01   Link #193
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oddly enough, I've never EVER found any kind of drop related to Arma yet. I know she's only accessible after one finishes the Lapis Ruins, but it's still odd, especially since you pretty have to make her equippable parts on your own.

Also LOL. I was expecting some sort of tie-in with fellow EasyGameStation game Chantelise, but nothing spotted so far.
Old 2010-09-19, 10:05   Link #194
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is there any male fairy in the game?
He is referring to Prime.

Old 2010-09-19, 11:07   Link #195
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It's a strange name for a female fairy, but given the fact that the setting is based on France, it's probably pronounced 'pree-meh'.
Old 2010-09-19, 14:29   Link #196
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

finally, made last payment and have 774k left over time to spend some on the shop.
Old 2010-09-19, 14:42   Link #197
Dralha

Capitalism, ho!

Game is huge fun. I was kicked back to Day 1 because I couldn't make the 80,000 payment, but merchant xp and perks stay, along with all the equipment found in the dungeon, so it'll be a lot easier to earn it this time around.
Old 2010-09-19, 14:53   Link #198
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Is there any actual benefit to not having more then one loop or is it just a bragging right's thing.
Old 2010-09-19, 14:57   Link #199
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Just a self-imposed challenge, like low-level runs of RPGs or 1CCs of danmaku games.
Old 2010-09-19, 15:48   Link #200
Xacual

Griff's boss fight is really annoying. I think I mgiht have to get Nagi better equipment because he was doing 40-50 damage each attack...