AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-24, 13:29   Link #301
Xacual

That sucks Vexx, I just followed that second link and apparently you can't even use the screenshot gallery if you are in the US...

It looks interesting seeing common Recettear stuff in Chantelise from the over the shoulder angle. Makes me interested in the game too but it sounds like it's more of a common RPG than Recettear.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 13:56   Link #302
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
edit: Found the european publisher, DHM Interactive http://www.dhm-interactive.com/chant...article11.html
They won't ship to the US... will have to go third party, pester one of my european friends, or check out ebay.
Bah, this crap is what makes pirate bay appealing -- I'm a potential customer, they could make a sale -- global economy my ass
Ah well, European forum members know where to go now.
European forum members can also digitally purchase it for direct download from -
http://www.gamesload.gr/game/chantelise-707903.html
Again, I was blocked for being in the US.
Ever tried proxying and paying through paypal?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 15:02   Link #303
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
I just finished up Lapis Ruins

Spoiler for Holy Jesus Beams!:
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 15:22   Link #304
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ever tried proxying and paying through paypal?
No, but this may be an excuse to try
Old 2010-09-24, 15:58   Link #305
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I have... no words, really.

Spoiler for Can't hardly wait?:
Old 2010-09-24, 16:19   Link #306
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

rofl... you need to photoshop in a sweat drop on Recette's head. That's too funny not to be planned .... the localizer/translator for this game should be given "Free Beer" for all eternity.
Old 2010-09-24, 17:26   Link #307
Xacual

My attempts to rapidly climb through Lapis Ruins seem to fail, last night I resolved myself to just run through the last 50 levels, cue finding a ton of stuff I need for high level fusions and filling my bags in 15 levels

Edit: I just found out what happened to Recette's dad I guess...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2010-09-24 at 18:26.
Old 2010-09-24, 23:14   Link #308
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Spoiler for Recette's Dad:

The Crystal Nightmare Boss Rush is absurdly hard but at least I'm getting some nice High Tier equipment. Just not for who I actually want to equip...because if I equipped Nagi I might actually reach the end.

Tielle dropped her super awesome Rank 4.5 bow though...maybe I should start using her...but Nagi is too awesome. x_x
Old 2010-09-24, 23:57   Link #309
Xacual

Yeah I tried the Lapis Ruins boss rush just now, got to the end but I didn't expect how much damage the last boss would hit for so I was a little too low to take a stupid hit

Oh well at least I know for next time.

Old 2010-09-25, 04:13   Link #310
Ezilled

I'm almost done getting all Level 5 items except Claw, Fist, Shirt (Still need 50 fur balls), Necklace (4 ghost tears), Spear (Fishing rod treasures), and Armor (2 Omega F). Yeah, it's all about dumb luck after paying off the debt. Working on finding Secret Mix from Griff. I swear to god, he doesn't drop the second-final claw, let alone that medicine. I was also having a hard time finding those emblems, but luckily I managed to get them all in a few days. Uggh, I need to get my hands on Ferromin F (For Arma Speed Up) and two more Omega Ferromin (For Lvl 5 Armor) as well.

On the other hand, Crystal Nightmare is severely difficult. Those negative announcements (i.e Automapper is not working! Enemy attack power doubled!) are totally pain in the butt just like the gangbang of roppers with 200+ damage. The boss rush was easy if you have Level 4 sets and decent strategies, so yeah.

On a side note, I'm loving my newly-acquired Omega Cannon.
Ezilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:42   Link #311
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Well, I actually went out to get a Logitech wireless gamepad. Just so that I can lean back on my chair and still play the game while watching the pix flow in. It has made the dungeon crawling a lot easier too.

Heh.
Old 2010-09-25, 09:30   Link #312
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Myssa posted this at Danbooru just now, thought I'd share...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 10:57   Link #313
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Hmm, looking through my item list, I find it odd that it seems like I'm missing some basic items. Is there another Mushroom fusion item aside from Water Shrooms?

Edit: The 40k one was entirely my fault.
Old 2010-09-25, 17:53   Link #314
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

According to an interview in june, Carpe Fulgur seems interested in doing a localization of Chantelise, but it's nothing solid yet. Chantelise is a straightforward enough game that you don't need to know Japanese to play it well. There is also a rather comprehensive guide for it if you do happen across a copy of it in its native language. Hope Carpe Fulgur gets the next one out soon.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 21:52   Link #315
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Damnit Nagi, you will buy my awesome Legendary Armor and you will equip it because +40 def > -10 MDef.

At least I can finish Crystal Nightmare 21-30 now...if only I could last in Boss Rush but I can usually only last until 3x insect king. 3x Ahrimans tend to drain whatever healing items i have left. T_T
Old 2010-09-25, 23:48   Link #316
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
I wish I could get some figures on the total success Carpe Fulgur has had with selling this game.
Old 2010-09-26, 02:47   Link #317
Xacual

So I haven't gone to Crystal Nightmare before but it says I did the first 10 floors? Is that normal or well I have a time set for first floor and I can already do boss rush o.O

Old 2010-09-26, 10:43   Link #318
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'm still dithering on climbing higher in the Lapiz Ruins, if only because of the low levels of my adventurers. So far, the one with the highest level is Charme, followed by Nagi. I'd like to try Elan out more though, despite his touch-range attacks, but like Caillou I haven't been using him (like, at all).

Maybe I'll just cycle between adventurers for variety, and use either Nagi or Tielle for some of the tougher bosses.
Old 2010-09-26, 11:01   Link #319
Windy
Smug AF Birb

I tried Tielle out a bit more since fusing her max bow, and well...Cuterage makes her dominate bosses almost as well as Nagi. Nagi is better for the multibosses that are closer together though...and has generally enough defense to actually survive Crystal Nightmare.

Crystal Nightmare just gives you access to a 3 sets of 10 floors and boss rush straight off the bat, but everything is so stupidly hard (There is absolutely zero chance of a positive bonus on any floor), you might want to make sure you can handle the floors in order first before you jump straight to 21-30, where you're probably going to get hit for constant 90-100+, and god forbid you get double enemy attack and don't have Tielle or Nagi with you. The later floor sets have a better chance of higher rank equipment from chests and the newer knight drops. Boss Rush is just the 4 Boss Rushes put together and picks up in difficulty around Griff. You're going to want an almost full inventory of healing items for this, and each boss has a chance of dropping a rank 5 fusion item. (Tielle sure likes dropping that Succubus bow a lot >_>)
Old 2010-09-27, 12:41   Link #320
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Fact: Speed seems to be the key in the Lapis Ruins, especially when those homing balls of fire show up. I some how managed to squeak by using Tielle, but that was only after I loaded from the disaster that preceded it, where I used Louie. Currently at the 30th floor, but I'm starting to feel the pressure, level wise. Time to Grind? XD

Oh, and Nagi slaughters the multiple-number enemies.