AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 12:53   Link #1
pancakes
*Author

Gamers Unite

Well hopefully this thread does better than my previous one that was a disaster.

Sadly, know one has really offered it yet on this site so I thought I would do it myself. I made this thread so people could connect online together. Such as share their gamertag or online name. This way you could meet new people, and share similarities such as anime and video games. Or just share your name for laughs and explain the meaning. You do not have to add anyone, and sharing your info. is totally optional.

As I recall, almost every gaming system or computer game enables the gamertag. So no one should be left out. (unless your still playing the original gameboy, I know I still do). Share gaming ids of any kind.

I'll start it off. My SECOND xbox 360 live gamertag is "Melon Bread". Feel free to add me or get in touch. However, this is my SECOND account, so once you add this I'll gladly add you on my real account. It's just that my real account is always fluttered with fan mail and hate mail (lol) and I won't be able to differenciate between you guys and people I rape. This way I'll know that all the mail in Melon Bread is friendly. I have a PS3 but I really don't like the online, and as for the Wii I sold mine (I had very good reasons).

Last edited by pancakes; 2011-04-06 at 13:07.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:47   Link #2
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Gamertag is pretty much Microsoft only. Steam has its own version, so does PS3 and Wii. None of them are compatible with each other.

And people who buy PC games on physical media, there's nothing... unless you like using Games For Windows Live, which everyone immediately seeks to disable because it sucks.

So yeah.
Old 2011-04-06, 18:02   Link #3
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^You can use Steam even if you play using a disc you bought. Some games can be activated to the Steam so that you can earn achievements and such, others can be just added with '' Add Game '' feature or something so people will still see you playing it meaning you can connect with people etc ..

Also there's something called XFire for windows.. I think this is pretty popular among gamers as well since it's compatible with nearly all PC games out there.

And yes, the word gamertag is for Microsoft on X360 but so what ? For Wii it's friend code, for PS3 idk .. The idea is the same however .. list it here and you can add friends to services you use etc. I don't think he meant that they are cross compatible with all platforms ...

As for me .. I've got Wii but I've no idea on my friend code and also the only game I ever play online is Mario Kart and even that rarely. PS3 is not connected to online right now, looking to jailbreak it later and I just sold my xbox.

With that said, I don't use anything to connect to people right now aside from msn. But if anyone is playing Metal Assault .. LF> Friends :P
Old 2011-04-06, 18:23   Link #4
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Adding games to Steam doesn't let you use Steam's features, though. It just lets you launch the game from the Steam console and use the overlay (for chatting or whatever).
Old 2011-04-06, 18:59   Link #5
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
And the problem is ? Wasn't the whole idea to be able to connect with people, possibly play the games and such ?

And like I said, some games can be activated in steam even if you buy a physical copy of the game. Activating as in, you put the serial of the game to Steam and boom, it's in Steam with all achievements and whatever features Steam has.
Old 2011-04-07, 10:43   Link #6
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And yes, the word gamertag is for Microsoft on X360 but so what ? For Wii it's friend code, for PS3 idk .. The idea is the same however .. list it here and you can add friends to services you use etc. I don't think he meant that they are cross compatible with all platforms ...
Thank you for explaining this thread a llittle better. YES, I know their not cross compatible, and YES I know their not all called "gamertag", but honestly their the same. This thread is so people can share their online identities and meet up on the things that they can. If two people have a wii, they can share their friend code, if two people play an online game like world of warcraft, they can share their name, if two people play xbox they can share their gamertag, and ect.

At least you understand. thank you for explaining to the rest of the members.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 14:32   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

For each specific game in this forum there are already people sharing gamertags - for example, I played with Alchemist007 for L4D2 when it first came out after sharing gamertags on the thread.

So I don't think there is a need for this - after all some people have games others don't.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 02:42   Link #8
Archipelagoes

Gamertag: Archipelagoes

Steam: Chillbrobaggins
Archipelagoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment, games, media, social, video games