AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-28, 21:55   Link #161
orange2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Eriri and Utaha did more than draw and write while they were in Utaha's circle. They also helped coordinate the project, since Tomoya had no experience as a professional.
Well yeah, but in volume 7 Tomoya mentioned how Megumi's changes to directing and whatnot were what made the game special. They don't have to worry about coordinating any more with Iori there either.

Quote:
Megumi doesn't like Iori because 1) he's an outsider who wasn't a part of the circle she loved so much, and 2) Iori teased her about being Tomoya's rather "severe" girlfriend.
I get that, but outright ignoring him is a bit much. That's worse than how Tomoya treats him.

Quote:
Also, I don't think provoking Tomoya was her intention as much as she is too sharp in the wrong places. When Eriri was in a dress in volume 5, Megumi was the one who called attention to it. She had always been rather good at teasing them.
At one point in volume 9 she mentions how provoking Tomoya was her intention. During the epilogue where she reads Eriri's route, the way she teases him is pretty harsh.

Quote:
And Megumi doesn't want to meet Eriri because she wants to prove herself to her. As mentioned above, Megumi doesn't want to think that their circle's standards are too low to be incompatible with Eriri.

So now Megumi feels that she not only had to fill the void in their circle, but she has to make their game the best thing ever, in order to convince herself that the circle is good enough for Eriri's goals as an artist.
I was under the impression that Eriri's key visual showed that her goal was impossible, and now she doesn't want to apologize to Eriri because she doesn't want to admit that she was wrong.

Quote:
I don't think those extra scenes would help much, since as a whole, Eriri was rather stoic and never showed much enthusiasm even when she did enjoy something.
I don't think that's true. There are several scenes where you can see that she really is enjoying herself. Like, there's the end of episode 0 where she runs off and faces Tomoya with a smile, and there's the end of episode 3 where's clearly enthusiastic about the game. She clearly enjoyed her date with Tomoya, and her call with Tomoya in Michiru's arc showed that she had fun working on the game.
orange2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 06:55   Link #162
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange2501 View Post
Well yeah, but in volume 7 Tomoya mentioned how Megumi's changes to directing and whatnot were what made the game special. They don't have to worry about coordinating any more with Iori there either.
That doesn't really change how she feels about herself. It's not like Tomoya ever let her know how important she is to him outside of his 2d otaku lingo, not to mention a lot of the time Tomoya isn't sure himself and also treats her like Classmate B.

Quote:
I get that, but outright ignoring him is a bit much. That's worse than how Tomoya treats him.
Yeah, but unlike Megumi, Tomoya doesn't really hold any grudge. He still respects Iori's business sense, even back when Iori's circle was directly competing against him.

Responding to Iori's teasing wouldn't help Megumi either, since it would mean proving that he can indeed see right through her feelings. Ignoring him is her way of neither confirming nor denying what he says.

Quote:
At one point in volume 9 she mentions how provoking Tomoya was her intention. During the epilogue where she reads Eriri's route, the way she teases him is pretty harsh.
It's not like it's Megumi's fault Tomoya directly uses his personal experience and projects it onto the game itself. He brought a lot of it upon himself for being the indecisive harem protagonist he is. Eriri leaving the circle was also partially his fault too.

Provoking Tomoya is also Megumi's effort to leave an impactful impression as a main heroine. Tomoya said she lacked presence before. In this second half (post Eriri's departure), things are different now.

Quote:
I was under the impression that Eriri's key visual showed that her goal was impossible, and now she doesn't want to apologize to Eriri because she doesn't want to admit that she was wrong.
Close. Even if we think it's impossible, that doesn't mean Megumi wants to admit it. Admitting that it's impossible means that accepting Eriri's decision to leave, and more importantly, her choice not to tell her best friend about it, was right.

And technically, while Eriri wasn't wrong to leave the circle, not telling Tomoya and Megumi about it was. Even if Megumi is being stubborn about it, she still doesn't want to accept that it was right for Eriri to keep her in the dark about it just because the circle was holding Eriri back.

Quote:
I don't think that's true. There are several scenes where you can see that she really is enjoying herself. Like, there's the end of episode 0 where she runs off and faces Tomoya with a smile, and there's the end of episode 3 where's clearly enthusiastic about the game. She clearly enjoyed her date with Tomoya, and her call with Tomoya in Michiru's arc showed that she had fun working on the game.
She also offered to work on scripting the game, which showed how eager she was to be a part of the circle. It was Tomoya who brushed her off, thinking she wasn't serious about it because of her personality.

The scenes were there. It's more that Tomoya overlooked Megumi's investment into the circle (and it is written from his perspective after all), which was why she had left once in the first place.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2015-11-29 at 07:08.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 05:10   Link #163
pedrojames

Can someone spoil about volume 10 ?
pedrojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 14:54   Link #164
AB079
Banned

This is gonna be a brief summary about volume 10, just to be clear, this volume is more about pride and is moving away from what we saw on volume 8 and 9 especially if we take a look at what is happening with Tomoya and Utaha.

Spoiler for v 10:
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 16:53   Link #165
bones

So what do you think will happen in the next volume? Will it be a continuation or has the Tomoya / Utaha problem been wrapped up?
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 17:51   Link #166
AB079
Banned

Volume 10 is Utaha centric, but after all the previous volumes and how the author managed to extend the problems between the characters (IMO unnecessary sometimes, like Eriri conflict) this is the start of a whole pile of drama + how Akane play with the other character's minds.

That said, I think this is going to last for at least 1 or 2 volumes more unless the author wants to leave Utaha out of the Tomoya bowl.
Old 2016-07-20, 18:01   Link #167
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Akane is no villain, even antagonist doesn't fits to describe her because what she does is her job and giving them advice as much as it hurts their pride (or more like the ego they have when thinking of MC) she does it to make them improve themselves.

On the other side Tomoya still is a huge moron who only does more harm tham good, it's like his very presence caused things to go wrong and for worse, when someone criticizes him he acts like a brat in adult body. He truly is what drags Utaha and Eriri's promising future.

That said the editorial is just milking the series by dragging the drama, note how most if not all of the characters developments just happen to exclude Tomoya and be between the girls.
It was supposed to be over but here it is on going.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 18:22   Link #168
AB079
Banned

What Akane does is not part of her job, she's powerful, has intelligence and a lot of connections which makes her literally a Mary Sue inside Saekano, giving advice is just because she can't stand looking how someone talented as Utaha is wasting time with someone like Tomoya. What happened on volume 10 is literally a mix of 2 things, one is pushing Utaha and Eriri to be better and stop getting dragged by Tomoya and his lack of touch and the second one basically can be summarized with "I'm the best so you listen to me or you will fall down", she's not a bad person at all but her own ego sometimes works against her to the point you can use the term villain at some point. If we want to see what's the attitude of Akane, then we need to compare her with Haruno from Oregairu because they are very similar, not bad people but they always "act" as the villain to get the best of others without leaving aside their own selfish desires.

As for Tomoya, well what we can do? he's an idiot who dont deserve being this lucky, the worst and most painful part after reading volume 10 is how he's so stupid that can't even have a proper talk with Utaha but instead he use all of this on a game just to get the backlash at the end of the volume with Utaha crying and screaming with anger as the only feeling inside her. And even more than that, during all the rest of the field trip he was having fun while thinking what happend with Utaha, meanwhile she left the place like running away from him, any reasonable person should go and catch her.

At least after all the drama in this volume there are a few things that went right, Utaha moving on and being even more charming/competent on her work, and Tomoya literally getting stomped by his own stupidity.
Old 2016-07-23, 09:02   Link #169
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
This is gonna be a brief summary about volume 10, just to be clear, this volume is more about pride and is moving away from what we saw on volume 8 and 9 especially if we take a look at what is happening with Tomoya and Utaha.

Spoiler for v 10:
Well, it seems you have mistunderstood something....
Spoiler:

And the best part of this volume actually lies in the epilogue....
Spoiler for epilogue:

It seems there should be a beach part that is being cut away from this volume. The train part is quite entertaining but it feels happy time is too short before the bad things come. Eriri's growth is very well portrayed in this volume. Tomoya's action toward Utaha is....this is repeating too much, though the content and result is different. This volume is also stepping quite deep into things about creators, and this is again the main conflict of the series. But writing a lot about creators also cause it harder to appreciate, not welcoming light readers, while in the volume itself repeated several times about don't make things for hardcore user only.

Last edited by Alf; 2016-07-23 at 09:17. Reason: Add more comments
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 09:04   Link #170
obnuchious

Quote:
What Akane does is not part of her job, she's powerful, has intelligence and a lot of connections which makes her literally a Mary Sue inside Saekano, giving advice is just because she can't stand looking how someone talented as Utaha is wasting time with someone like Tomoya. What happened on volume 10 is literally a mix of 2 things, one is pushing Utaha and Eriri to be better and stop getting dragged by Tomoya and his lack of touch and the second one basically can be summarized with "I'm the best so you listen to me or you will fall down", she's not a bad person at all but her own ego sometimes works against her to the point you can use the term villain at some point. If we want to see what's the attitude of Akane, then we need to compare her with Haruno from Oregairu because they are very similar, not bad people but they always "act" as the villain to get the best of others without leaving aside their own selfish desires.

As for Tomoya, well what we can do? he's an idiot who dont deserve being this lucky, the worst and most painful part after reading volume 10 is how he's so stupid that can't even have a proper talk with Utaha but instead he use all of this on a game just to get the backlash at the end of the volume with Utaha crying and screaming with anger as the only feeling inside her. And even more than that, during all the rest of the field trip he was having fun while thinking what happend with Utaha, meanwhile she left the place like running away from him, any reasonable person should go and catch her.

At least after all the drama in this volume there are a few things that went right, Utaha moving on and being even more charming/competent on her work, and Tomoya literally getting stomped by his own stupidity.
can I ask for more details?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 12:08   Link #171
AB079
Banned

@Alf actually there is no misunterstanding at all, you can choose whatever way to understand what happened with Utaha's rejection, on one hand as a creator - author who reject the fact that her own life was used in the game also because this can be considered as an insult towards her, and on the other hand you can look at it from a romantic perspective and that's what I did, Tomoya fucked up his opportunity to improve his relationship with her and we're able to see that multiple times in volume 10 (spoiler related) and here is where Utaha was mad at him because that is the way Tomoya thinks about Utaha and instead of saying the truth he was constantly throwing the same excuse "it's a game" "it's a galge" or even when she was literally rejecting this story "But still, I think this ending is the best. Not just that, even after you rejected it, I still think it’s the best". The only good thing coming out of all this, is how Utaha thanks to her feelings after playing the game and understanding what Akane told her turned into a more strong character, someone who has her pride and will back to pursue her dreams.

So yeah basically if you wanna go for the creator/author direction and avoid the romatic side is your choice, but I picked up the romantic side which is the important thing considering Maruto is using the same kind of problems and pushing the same drama related to the games created by Tomoya over and over again.

Spoiler for Tomoya's fails and other details:
Old 2016-07-23, 14:05   Link #172
dark44

Quote:
@Alf actually there is no misunterstanding at all, you can choose whatever way to understand what happened with Utaha's rejection, on one hand as a creator - author who reject the fact that her own life was used in the game also because this can be considered as an insult towards her, and on the other hand you can look at it from a romantic perspective and that's what I did, Tomoya fucked up his opportunity to improve his relationship with her and we're able to see that multiple times in volume 10 (spoiler related) and here is where Utaha was mad at him because that is the way Tomoya thinks about Utaha and instead of saying the truth he was constantly throwing the same excuse "it's a game" "it's a galge" or even when she was literally rejecting this story "But still, I think this ending is the best. Not just that, even after you rejected it, I still think it’s the best". The only good thing coming out of all this, is how Utaha thanks to her feelings after playing the game and understanding what Akane told her turned into a more strong character, someone who has her pride and will back to pursue her dreams.

So yeah basically if you wanna go for the creator/author direction and avoid the romatic side is your choice, but I picked up the romantic side which is the important thing considering Maruto is using the same kind of problems and pushing the same drama related to the games created by Tomoya over and over again.

does that mean Utaha gave up on tomoya and she is out ??
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 22:04   Link #173
Alf

Quote:

It's not an interpretation issue.
Spoiler:

I was merely pointing out what is wrong with the summary. And no, I don't avoid the romantic side of it. It's unavoidable because romantic affection is part of the motivation for these people as creators.

On romantic side, now this is the domain of interpretation.
Spoiler:

There really hasn't been a lot of problem in the relationship between Tomoya and Utaha before this, and from Tomoya's perspective to improve relationship with her is to be better as a creator. You don't fix things that's working, but he managed to put a wall between them (again).
Spoiler for Is Tomoya an idiot?:

On romantic perspective it's actually quite delicious for Utaha as seen in epilogue. But she have always chosen pride over actual romantic possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44
does that mean Utaha gave up on tomoya and she is out ??
Apparently no. Though their stance as creators could affect her opportunity a lot.
Old 2016-09-09, 18:10   Link #174
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I heard mc got ntr-ed... is that true??
Old 2016-09-09, 18:14   Link #175
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I heard mc got ntr-ed... is that true??
Who was the idiot saying that?

No, Tomoya never got NTR'd. Is not like most of the readers including myself wants to see the girls moving on and getting a proper guy at their sides tho.
Old 2016-09-09, 20:28   Link #176
Tenzen12

I can't speak for most people (some poll would be nice), but I for example would be perfectly fine if Megumi (?) got herself guy or two.
Old 2016-09-28, 09:58   Link #177
AP24

Just realized the manga covering the main story already ended. It covered up until the end of the first year or LN vol 7.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 12:02   Link #178
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So did Maruto stop stretching his ridiculous waiting game with Megumi as the end girl already?

The novels became as lame as Oreshura with its fake love triangle drama.

It's sad he is writing a subpar story like this instead of aiming high like he did with masterpieces like WA2 CODA.

Edit:
Eh, dafuck, I saw a sample text, even now the imbecile is thinking of game events, there should be a limit to be delusional.
I guess Misaki Kurehito is the true appeal of this series.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2016-11-19 at 13:34.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 11:51   Link #179
Alf

Well, Saekano wasn't aiming for masterpiece to start with. I'm actually quite enjoying him writing about writing scenarios. Anyway, read the actual novel before criticizing it.

The latest volume is actually having satisfying interactions and moving forward the relationship. Thinking of game events is an important part of Tomoya's mind, rather than being delusional or something. This is getting clear in this volume(if you read the text carefully enough). Although not a lot is happening, this volume is also a significant turning point of the story.
Old 2016-11-20, 12:11   Link #180
AB079
Banned

Oh c'mon cut the bullshit already, we know you really like Saekano but let's be honest, is not even close to be good or at least being a LN that has to be considered average. Maruto just started a story that used to have a lot of potential (especially the first 4 -5 volumes) but ended on being a endless loop where he repeats everything over and over again just to pander the fans that like "X" girl and sell more copies.

Also as far as i'm concerned, both Kuroageha and me read the LN but at least we're aware about the fact that the LN at this point is just a story getting milked and suffering of very bad writting/poorly made character development.

The last volume is nothing but a confirmation of the bad state of this title, especially because Tomoya is still the exact same useless main character from early volumes surrounded by amazing girls that ironically are begging for an opportunity with him. Is not a problem of reading the text properly, is matter of not deluding yourself with it, as you already did.

Tags
coming of age, romance, wimp protagonist, wish fulfilment