AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2015-12-06, 10:46   Link #3701
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Great production quality? Sure. High budget? Oh, certainly. Beautiful story? And you claim that people can't disagree with this statement? If that were the case, the past two years' worth of complaining would not have happened. Not to mention you're completely contradicting yourself in that last sentence by saying that apparently this "beautiful" story is something that even people who hate the ending would by necessity have to agree on... If the ending is complete garbage then it's not a good story. And this is not me saying this just because I don't like Rebellion's ending, I mean this as a general thing. It doesn't matter how great the rest of a story is, if the ending can't deliver, then I can not in good conscience call it a good story. In fact, there are few things so utterly destructive to the quality of a story than a bad ending. To take a random example, I remember watching a few episodes of the anime Usagi Drop a few years back... then I learned how the manga to that series ends. And just knowing where the story would ultimately lead, the series was completely ruined to me and I could never look at it the same way again.
Many people like rebellion's ending and see it as perfect conclusion (usually people who know all references to different stuff in the movie). No one said that it's going to satisfy everyone, Urobuchi even said opposite thing long ago before premier: it will divide the fanbase.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 11:07   Link #3702
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Many people like rebellion's ending and see it as perfect conclusion (usually people who know all references to different stuff in the movie). No one said that it's going to satisfy everyone, Urobuchi even said opposite thing long ago before premier: it will divide the fanbase.
Sure, but that's not what you just said. You said that people can't disagree that the story was great. Including people who hated the ending. Which is sort of like saying that everyone in the universe loves chocolate, including the people who think it tastes disgusting.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:30   Link #3703
Witch of Uncertainty

Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 13:36   Link #3704
Sayaka's sandbag

New advertised image has now been spotted with Madoka in her ballet outfit from the concept film, suffer unto despair unbelievers!

Last edited by Sayaka's sandbag; 2015-12-07 at 15:29.
Sayaka's sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 14:29   Link #3705
ilcane87

I stand corrected, they actually did announce it right after Madogatari; you win, Sayaka's sandbag.

Quote:
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/74691
http://www.koi-nya.net/2015/12/07/pr...fb_ref=Default

>From Newtype Jan 2016 issue
>Interview section
>About Concept movie.
>Before going into the production of anime, we often prepare a single image called "image board" which is helpful to grab the entire atmosphere of anime, so we've made something equivalent of it in a form of movie.
>In other word, it's a luxury image board. The thing that can be called a "nucleus" of a piece which is indicating the way we create. It would most likely be called a trailer in case of cinema.

>We have constantly had meetings to create the new story of Madoka.
>MADOGATARI exhibition gave us a good opportunity to release the info of the new story.
>Madoka dancing ballet is of course in the new story.
>Mami would be stronger with the image of "goddess of battle" like Guan Yu in the romance of three kingdoms.
>Hitomi and Nagisa will also take active part in the new story.
>We hope, that you to understand that the new story will begin from this concept movie, not a conclusion with it.
ilcane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 14:33   Link #3706
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcane87 View Post
I stand corrected, they actually did announce it right after Madogatari; you win, Sayaka's sandbag.
You were more on my side, so we win... It's Woxx and co who lose as they were claiming that we'd be disappointed because there'd be no more Madoka, and as I said, there will be.

Wishful thinking on Woxx and co's part, I know what I'm talking about. ^^
Old 2015-12-07, 14:40   Link #3707
ilcane87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka's sandbag View Post
You were more on my side, so we win... It's Woxx and co who lose as they were claiming that we'd be disappointed because there'd be no more Madoka, and as I said, there will be.

I'm sure it will be a high quality production that everyone will enjoy, regardless of their previous stance.

It sounds like they took their time with it, so it definitely won't be a rushed work.
ilcane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 14:49   Link #3708
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcane87 View Post
I'm sure it will be a high quality production that everyone will enjoy, regardless of their previous stance.

It sounds like they took their time with it, so it definitely won't be a rushed work.
Exactly, this stuff has been in planning for a while now, Madogatari was the perfect chance to show it off, as was said in the article. So yeah, this will be top notch stuff. :3

By what information they've given us I'd be more in line in thinking that this new story won't be a film, I think they have way too much to cram into one 2 hour film so I'd suggest that we'll have a new 12 episode season.
Old 2015-12-07, 14:52   Link #3709
GDB

Quote:
>Mami would be stronger with the image of "goddess of battle" like Guan Yu in the romance of three kingdoms.
For what possible reason could she become strong enough to earn this title? Not counting Nagisa (since we don't really know anything about her actual strength, so she seemed pretty weak for the few moments we saw her fighting), Mami's the weakest of the main cast.
  • Madoka and Homura have their obvious god/devil powers
  • Kyoko is just as strong as everyone else's normal magical girl forms, but without even using her special magic (so she has a power-up waiting to happen)
  • Sayaka can learn better healing magic (as seen in The Different Story) and use Octavia's power
Mami's basically been at the same level of power for as long as we've seen her with no apparent mental block or wall to get over. She should be relatively peaked. Unless they intend to somehow she has some innate ability to gain experience at a far greater rate than everyone else like Frieza or something.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 15:34   Link #3710
woxx

Quote:

It's still not enough to change my mind until official announcement with release date. We (and maybe they too) don't even know will it be the series or the movie.
Old 2015-12-07, 16:36   Link #3711
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
It's still not enough to change my mind until official announcement with release date. We (and maybe they too) don't even know will it be the series or the movie.
... Seriously? Even after they've come out and said that this is the beginning of a new story? ... You're level of denial, ignorance and stubbornness is beyond ... Lunacy.

Seriously, you kept on going about how we'd have to wait until they confirm that a new project is in the works, THEY HAVE and now you're changing it to "Oh, we need a date for it to be true." ... Seriously, re-think your life and accept defeat when you've clearly lost the argument and high ground.

Again, there will be more Madoka, and yet again, whether you like it not.
Old 2015-12-07, 17:08   Link #3712
woxx

Quote:
... Seriously? Even after they've come out and said that this is the beginning of a new story? ... You're level of denial, ignorance and stubbornness is beyond ... Lunacy.

Seriously, you kept on going about how we'd have to wait until they confirm that a new project is in the works, THEY HAVE and now you're changing it to "Oh, we need a date for it to be true." ... Seriously, re-think your life and accept defeat when you've clearly lost the argument and high ground.

Again, there will be more Madoka, and yet again, whether you like it not.
I'm not challenging anyone, I'm just being pessimistic as usual.
"Oh, we need a date for it to be true." is not that much to ask. Or just a confirmation is it going to be movie or series. You know there are lot of ways to continue the story, like more of 5 min concept movies
Old 2015-12-07, 22:00   Link #3713
NeverKnewINeeded

Well, there's a bootleg recording of the concept trailer out there in the wild now, if you know where to look. ...
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 00:39   Link #3714
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverKnewINeeded View Post
Well, there's a bootleg recording of the concept trailer out there in the wild now, if you know where to look. ...
Found it and god almighty is it amazing!!! I couldn't wait before but geez, the wait for this new story will be unbearable, but if what we've seen in the concept film (trailer) is anything to go by this will blow the original series and Rebellion away with ease.
Old 2015-12-08, 01:05   Link #3715
Vegard Aune

Hmm? What's this? The sequel is actually happening?

...Somehow after all this time of waiting I can't seem to fully process that information yet and there's still this nagging feeling that maybe it'll turn out to be yet another red herring...
But if it's not; Wonderful! Now please give us something better than what I came up with, Shinbo and whoever else is involved this time around because I'm assuming that at the very least he'll still be directing.

...Also can we have a new Kalafina-song that's actually good again? It's been far too long since they released anything that genuinely impressed me... Actually... the last time that happened was with Rebellion's ending theme.
Old 2015-12-08, 01:10   Link #3716
NeverKnewINeeded

Madoka Magica Concept Movie Will Be Core of New Project

Quote:
The January 2016 issue of Kadokawa's Newtype magazine is publishing an interview with SHAFT representative director and president Mitsutoshi Kubota on Thursday and it reveals more details on the Puella Magi Madoka Magica concept movie shown in SHAFT's "~Commemorating 40 Years of Shaft~ Madogatari" event last month. Kubota is credited as the producer for the project. He confirms that the project will not end with just the concept movie, but will launch a brand new Puella Magi Madoka Magica project.

Kubota comments that the concept movie will act as an "extravagant" movie-based image board (preliminary images drawn by staff to capture the intended atmosphere and mood of an anime). It will be the core of the new project, and will act as a trailer for the project. The staff is working to integrate everything shown in the concept movie to be a part of the new work, including the image of Madoka performing ballet. Mami, Sayaka, Kyoko, and Homura all appear in the concept movie, and Kubota also mentions that Hitomi and Nagisa will have a role in the new work as well. Kubota also singled out Mami, stating that the new project will strengthen the image of Mami as a "God of Battle," and compared her to Guan Yu from The Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Kubota also mentioned that character designer Ume Aoki designed the clothes for the characters, and designed something "a little different" from normal magical girls.

Magica Quartet—the team behind the Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime, consisting of director Akiyuki Simbo, character designer Ume Aoki, scriptwriter Gen Urobuchi (Nitroplus), and animation studio Shaft—have continued plans for a new work since the Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion film opened in October 2013. The concept movie was born from their meetings.

Simbo created the storyboards and served as chief director for the short, while series director Yukihiro Miyamoto returned to direct. Composer Yuki Kajiura contributed a new musical piece. Other returning staff members include:

Alternate Space Design: Gekidan Inu Curry
Animation director: Junichiro Taniguchi
Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
Sound Production: Rakuonsha
Animation Production: SHAFT

The following cast members from previous anime recorded new lines for the concept movie:

Aoi Yūki as Madoka Kaname
Chiwa Saito as Homura Akemi
Kaori Mizuhashi as Mami Tomoe
Eri Kitamura as Sayaka Miki
Ai Nonaka as Kyōko Sakura
Emiri Katō as Kyubey
Kana Asumi as Nagisa Momoe

The original television anime premiered in January 2011, and Crunchyroll later streamed the series. Aniplex of America released the television series, two compilation films, and the Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion sequel film in North America.
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 01:20   Link #3717
Vegard Aune

...Yup, that seems pretty clear-cut. Now, will this be a new movie or a TV-series or...?
Personally I hope for a TV-series or (though this is probably the least probable option of all) an OVA. Because I don't want to have to avoid spoilers for months on end! Hmmm, maybe if it turns out to be a movie I should just time that trip to Japan I've been wanting to take for ages so that it lines up with the release of the movie...
Old 2015-12-08, 01:34   Link #3718
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...Yup, that seems pretty clear-cut. Now, will this be a new movie or a TV-series or...?
Personally I hope for a TV-series or (though this is probably the least probable option of all) an OVA. Because I don't want to have to avoid spoilers for months on end! Hmmm, maybe if it turns out to be a movie I should just time that trip to Japan I've been wanting to take for ages so that it lines up with the release of the movie...
I personally think that it should be a T.V. series. If it's a sequel to Rebellion and going by what was said in that interview, there appears to be too much for one film to cover... Saying that perhaps if this project is film based then we may have a trilogy of them or something of the like, I know Shinbo prefers films whilst Urobuchi wanted to continue with another T.V. series but we'll see.
Old 2015-12-08, 05:48   Link #3719
Sayaka Rei

It would be really GREAT (to stay calm XD ) if it was a new TV series ! We can only hope ! In the case of film, perhaps more than one would be the best thing !

I want more Sayaka, especially super-cool-masked-Sayaka !
Sayaka Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 06:10   Link #3720
woxx

The camrip is out, but it's probably not allowed to link it. I'm not really impressed honestly and don't even understand what they were trying to show. Looks like they just put there some random ideas they could imagine. Atleast I'm sure it's not an announcement yet.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen