Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-09, 19:23   Link #6081
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Spoiler:

This Episode is very Dark. Props to the VAs for killing it with their performance.
We will see if the writers are smart enough to realize how good of a character trait that is, the fans won't since they hate him for existing, but the writers should at least realize this.
Old 2023-04-24, 20:05   Link #6082
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Based on what I've read about the ending and the clips I've seen, I may begrudgingly have to give Season 9 a shot. I've seen some commentary that it actually ended well. One thing I read said that the writing was actually pretty good for the first time in many seasons, possibly because they had nothing else to do except focus on the core characters without getting horribly distracted by so much ancillary stuff.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-24, 22:00   Link #6083
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I was late to the game with RWBY and watched the first eight seasons straight through last year. Unlike many (most?) people, I've liked the later seasons better than the first three, but even in that light, I thought this latest one was exceptional.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 18:43   Link #6084
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I was late to the game with RWBY and watched the first eight seasons straight through last year. Unlike many (most?) people, I've liked the later seasons better than the first three, but even in that light, I thought this latest one was exceptional.
As discussed a bunch here before, I think you actually are in the majority, not the minority.

People have gobbled up the darkness that has enveloped RWBY for the last several seasons. Their complaints, in my opinion, have been more about writing and certain creative choices, but from the 30,000-ft view people seem to have generally preferred the dark tone compared to the first seasons, which were far more lighthearted.

Old 2023-04-26, 11:30   Link #6085
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^But many still prefer the Fight Choreography from the first 3 Volumes.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 11:55   Link #6086
RDNexus

Or the light-hearted sillyness and coolness of said volumes.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 21:50   Link #6087
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Most of the people who are watching RWBY at this point are those who prefer the newer form of storytelling. It's only natural for people who preferred the original style of the show to move on after such a long period of time.

I know many people who stopped watching RWBY due to its changes. I continue to watch it because I enjoy it, but I still prefer some elements of the original V1-3 that I feel have been lost in the transition. It's not always such an exclusive sort of concept, where you must enjoy one or the other.

Also, Volume 1-3 had Pyrrha, so, y'know, that. I know people who stopped watching because of that.
Old 2023-04-30, 18:00   Link #6088
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Also, Volume 1-3 had Pyrrha, so, y'know, that. I know people who stopped watching because of that.
That and Yang losing her arm were big kneecappers to me...

If there is more Raven content and more Summer content in Season 10, that would help draw me back.

Old 2023-05-01, 01:42   Link #6089
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
That and Yang losing her arm were big kneecappers to me...

If there is more Raven content and more Summer content in Season 10, that would help draw me back.
Why would you want more Raven? She's a bitch.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-01, 19:47   Link #6090
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Why would you want more Raven? She's a bitch.
Because she's interesting. And while I haven't watched Vol 9, I have watched various clips, and I find her Vol. 9 appearance quite intriguing.

Old 2023-05-09, 07:00   Link #6091
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

just caught up to volume 9. That was one of the best seasons we've had imo

Pray we get volume 10. I want to see how RWBY ends and how all the stuff plays out

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-09, 07:48   Link #6092
Chosen_Hero

So now Juane has memories and experience of 30+ years above the rest of the young cast, will that be translated into his character moving forward? Will it even be acknowledged?
Old 2023-05-09, 13:50   Link #6093
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I want to see how RWBY ends and how all the stuff plays out
Vol10 will be the final season?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-09, 22:14   Link #6094
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
Vol10 will be the final season?
Ideally? No. Can’t do all of Vacuo in a single volume. The relic of choice is still hidden in Beacon, which is where I personally believe the final arc/battle will take place.

However, that’s subject to change. New realities over the budgeting of RWBY or the creative willingness to stick with the story may encourage a revision of the plot that ends the story at volume 10. If we even get a volume 10, haha…

As it stands, we have no confirmation that a V10 is greenlit or being worked on… so, we’ll see. Maybe V9 was the final season, who knows? (As incredible as v9 was, I would hope not).

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby