AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-11-19, 13:09   Link #21
grecefar

a lots of bugs in the games, they are pretty bad.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-19, 19:11   Link #22
The Green One

Game Freak: "It's fine, it's fine! These idiots will buy and play the same game 9 times! They'll play it anyway! We own them now!"
Old 2022-11-20, 08:40   Link #23
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
a lots of bugs in the games, they are pretty bad.
While there are a lot of bugs, I haven't encountered any that are actually bad. I've seen them on twitter and such, so I know they exist, but I also feel like they're rather rare and people are blowing things out of proportion.

Worst I've personally had is some frame rate drops (don't really care, they're notictable but don't make the game unplayable in the slightest), some wonky camera angles (reminds me of Sonic Adventure 1), and some really obnoxious hair physics.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 12:40   Link #24
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Game Freak: "It's fine, it's fine! These idiots will buy and play the same game 9 times! They'll play it anyway! We own them now!"
The real answer is that Pokemon is a multimedia franchise with an anime, trading cards, and multitude of other merchandise scheduled to release in tandem with the games, so Game Freak doesn't have the luxury of delaying the game even for a few months.
There is an important conversation to be had with The Pokemon Company's management and shareholders to consider hiring Monolith or another company to play a more prominent role in assisting with development, or expanding Game Freak to have multiple teams,
but making a passive aggressive statement in bad faith as if Game Freak is sitting their twiddling their thumbs after launching the game is either misguided at best or willfully ignorant at worst.

If a random person on the internet can see all the bugs and performance issues, I think the people who are working on the game are well aware.
It's not in their power to delay the game, but if you really think they stopped working on it after launch then you don't know how game development works.

The Pokemon Company by the way, is a separate entity from Game Freak. Even putting aside the fact that the executives and shareholders are not the same people as the ones developing the game, it's one-third owned by Nintendo, one-third by Creatures Inc, and one-third by Game Freak.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2022-11-20 at 12:54.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 19:45   Link #25
MCAL

Rumor has it that there won't be any more anime after Journeys is finished, so who knows what will happen now with no longer having to worry about that.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-20, 19:51   Link #26
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Rumor has it that there won't be any more anime after Journeys is finished, so who knows what will happen now with no longer having to worry about that.
The anime will only end when it isn’t raking in money
Old 2022-11-22, 09:05   Link #27
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
While there are a lot of bugs, I haven't encountered any that are actually bad. I've seen them on twitter and such, so I know they exist, but I also feel like they're rather rare and people are blowing things out of proportion.

Worst I've personally had is some frame rate drops (don't really care, they're notictable but don't make the game unplayable in the slightest), some wonky camera angles (reminds me of Sonic Adventure 1), and some really obnoxious hair physics.
That's good to read, like you say a lot of people now just blow things out of proportion.

Quote:
Ash won against the best of the best, there is nothing more to acomplish for him. I think this a good point to close his story but we will see.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-22, 11:48   Link #28
cyberdemon

Quote:
That's good to read, like you say a lot of people now just blow things out of proportion.

Ash won against the best of the best, there is nothing more to acomplish for him. I think this a good point to close his story but we will see.
And yet that leaves a new challenge. Now everyone and the mothers are going to challenge him to be the new best.
Old 2022-11-22, 12:34   Link #29
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Quote:
This just means people are speculating based on their own narrative where they think the story will (or won't) go instead of any actual substantive evidence from official sources saying anything about the anime ending.
Old 2022-11-22, 19:22   Link #30
cyberdemon

I feel like there was a failed opportunity in this game to provide different age models. You see all these teens, adults and elderly labeled as student. Would’ve been nice not playing as a 12 year old. At the very least an older teen model
Old 2022-11-22, 21:40   Link #31
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

It's the tried and tested story beat for all games. Why fix what's not broken.
Although I've always wondered why we're only starting to be a Trainer at that age when we encounter younger kids who have Pokemon already. Why were they allowed to get Pokemon at an age earlier than the main character.

I'm enjoying exploring more than taking on the Treasure Hunt places. Kinda like Breath of the Wild. It's more fun to go around than to head towards the Divine Beasts. Doing them in any order also helps since they're all over the place.
Currently have 4 Gym Badges, 2 Star Badges, and 4 Titan Badges.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-22, 21:45   Link #32
cyberdemon

I kinda like the fact that if you have the patience you can do later gyms first lol

Problem is the Pokémon has an aging group of fans. Even if it has no impact on the story, giving the an older model option would open up options
Old 2022-11-23, 11:49   Link #33
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I feel like there was a failed opportunity in this game to provide different age models. You see all these teens, adults and elderly labeled as student. Would’ve been nice not playing as a 12 year old. At the very least an older teen model
How is it hanging fellow kids?
Old 2022-11-24, 23:56   Link #34
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I kinda like the fact that if you have the patience you can do later gyms first lol

Problem is the Pokémon has an aging group of fans. Even if it has no impact on the story, giving the an older model option would open up options
I am one of those aging fans and I can tell you that I do not care.
Not everyone models players after themselves and it's far from being the deal-breaker, especially compared to all the bugs and the state the game is in right now.

I know that they didn't really have the option of delaying the game because of tie-ins with merchandise and working with multiple companies, but I really hope a patch comes sooner rather than later.
Old 2023-02-27, 20:03   Link #35
kiak666

DLC Announced:

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-27, 22:19   Link #36
cyberdemon

Interesting to turn Suicune from a dog to a dragon. But then I thought about the evolution path of some dinosaurs to birds. Guess they were following that line of thought. Why haven’t they done an ancient Kyurem yet to show it’s true form fused with Reshiram and Zekrom?
Old 2023-02-28, 04:16   Link #37
GDB

Reminder: none of the paradox Pokemon are real.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 15:15   Link #38
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Spoiler for Discussing the story...: