AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 23:42   Link #341
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Depends on whether all of them are X-Rounders, it can be an X-Rounder ability for all we know.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-01-15 at 23:52.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 06:02   Link #342
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Why can't people agree that they can be remote controlled and piloted? it would make sense, but it seems like people only want to be right when it comes to them being remote controlled/piloted in this thread, lol lets just agree that they have the option to be remote controlled and be piloted?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 06:56   Link #343
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yes, we all agree that. That's what happened with Zedas afterall, it was acting without a physical pilot inside in one episode while it was piloted in the last episode and likely the Spallow debut episode.

The options are definitely there from what we know of the Zedas, what we don't know at the moment is the standard broad policy when it comes to grunt suit and the larger force in general. On whether the majority of them are piloted, unmanned or even a more balanced/fairer mixture of both. The nature of the remote controll might possibly affect policy. For example, if the remote control is an X-Rounder ability (the Falcia remote would I guess) and that not all of the UE are X-Rounders, it increases the likelyhood of a more broad physical pilot policy implemented. But the option at least, is definitely there. We'll likely know more in future episodes, now that we're seeingthings from the UE POV more.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-01-16 at 07:12.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 11:11   Link #344
GundamFan

Considering the way Desil was controling the Falscia though has me thinking there ability to control multiple MS at once is limited and also we don't know what all the X-Rounders powers are or how they work operating a MS remotely might negate some of them.
Also maybe this a new technology afterall before the appearance of the Age Gundam the Federation had never managed to shoot down a UE MS so there wasn't a real threat in fighting.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 19:46   Link #345
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Some weight height data, got it from Homeless's post:

http://i.imgur.com/bplsG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YjNG9.jpg

28.7 tons!!!! The AGE-2 Normal is really really light. Even more than the Spallow.
Old 2012-01-16, 20:36   Link #346
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm just gonna go on assuming all UE are piloted. I've seen nothing to refute it. Hopefully in Generation 2 we'll get a clear answer on that. But I feel that I've seen enough. Not to mention with Gundam's message of "war is bad, understand each other" would be dumb down if the majority of the army the protagonist is fighting has no people in it. That's just me though.

Anyway, going from the Generation 2 trailer screens, the AGE 2 Double Bullet is attached to the AGE 2 the same as the Titus and Spallow. Not that I'm totally surprised, but given the that they're just shoulder binders with guns, I figured those would be the only parts attached. Not new arms and legs, which is where I'm confused. If the Double Bullet is just two guns and shoulder weapons, why the need for new arms and legs?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 21:04   Link #347
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

the legs might add more powerful feet-thrusters?

Seeing how the " Double bullet " is most likely going to be filling the same role as Titus, thicker armor would be more usefull on the new arms and legs (Judging from the additional red)
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 21:11   Link #348
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

It's possible that it might have more abilities we have not seen yet that might be in those parts (like an I-Field/GN Field generator; just to throw out ideas). Aside from that, DB seems to be far less maneuverable than Normal and might be more heavily armed. So it might be going for a "slower, more power and sturdier" archetype.

I mean, the normal is fairly light afterall which means it's possible that it's armor might be fairly lighter. DB might be a more heavier armor type to counterbalance the Normal's paradigm.
Old 2012-01-16, 21:16   Link #349
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Could it be possible the arms and legs add increase stability while wielding two guns?
Old 2012-01-16, 22:37   Link #350
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Some weight height data, got it from Homeless's post:

http://i.imgur.com/bplsG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YjNG9.jpg

28.7 tons!!!! The AGE-2 Normal is really really light. Even more than the Spallow.
Age-2 is probably made of the same family of alloys similar to the ones on the five Wing units.
Old 2012-01-16, 23:44   Link #351
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Could it be possible the arms and legs add increase stability while wielding two guns?
It's possible but it would be dissapointing if that was just it.

It's possible that it has a different Fighter Mode as well that might have different attributes than the Strider Mode though I'm not necessarily sure whether it can transform looking at it but it's still possible.
Old 2012-01-19, 03:47   Link #352
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
No. It goes way back to the Zeong.

But in this specific case of Yurin's demise, everything is taken from Zeta's Psyco Gundam.
Now now...Which anime started that demise first?
Or perhaps it is from both Char/Lalah/Amuro and Kamile/Four/Jerid, mix them together, and you get that demise

If AGE-2 was lighter than sparrow, does that mean when fighting on Earth's surface, Sparrow will lose out?
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 04:03   Link #353
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
If AGE-2 was lighter than sparrow, does that mean when fighting on Earth's surface, Sparrow will lose out?
Weight alone does not determine who wins and who loses.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 04:15   Link #354
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
When they say weight, they are actually referring to mass which is affected no matter where you are because the higher the mass the higher the inertia, IE the slower you are even if you are in a place not affected by any large objects/planet's gravity like open space.

As monster said, weight/mass doesn't determine anything as far as battles are concerned, except that being lighter might make it easier to move or accelerate. The AGE-2 Normal is likely more advanced than the Spallow, so it will probably win because its more advanced and more versatile.
Old 2012-01-19, 06:18   Link #355
Meltyred

I actually think spallow was configured for high speed space combat, while AGE 2 is for atmospheric battles, hence the need of a "fighter" mode.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 15:31   Link #356
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The official website confirms that AGE-2 Double Bullet is equipped with rifles and missiles, and is suitable in one vs many scenario
Old 2012-01-23, 19:56   Link #357
PzIVf3

Khronos is such a badass with gatling beam gun.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Come to think of it. Where the Veigan gets the resources and advanced armor materials from? Its impossible to get the resources at very long distance from Mars.

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-01-23 at 20:31.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:35   Link #358
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Come to think of it. Where the Veigan gets the resources and advanced armor materials from? Its impossible to get the resources at very long distance from Mars.
If not from the planet itself, there's always the asteroid belt.
Old 2012-01-23, 20:45   Link #359
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The official website confirms that AGE-2 Double Bullet is equipped with rifles and missiles, and is suitable in one vs many scenario
I wonder where those are stored...doesn't seem like there would be much room on those shoulder things.
Old 2012-01-23, 20:51   Link #360
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I wonder where those are stored...doesn't seem like there would be much room on those shoulder things.
Only other place is the back of the legs, as shown before. They look thick enough, at least.