AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-04-21, 01:38   Link #5361
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

So what's stopping him from turning Kenpachi's bones to cookie? Or turn his bones into meteors? Or turn the shit in his arse into meteors... Waste of time characters and a waste of time power :/. Kenny's bankai looks like it belongs in dota 2
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 03:06   Link #5362
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^
Not enough brain power.

He stops using shit on Kenpachi and he's dead.
He overloads everything on Kenpachi and he's dead.
Basically, the only thing Gremmy can do facing this guy whose ability is to "cut everything" is to delay his death sentence.

Quote:
Kenny's shikai looks like it belongs in dota 2
Fixed, and he reminds me of Sven.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 02:18   Link #5363
ranchan13

I'm a bit disappointed if that's how this fight ends.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 02:24   Link #5364
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I'm a bit disappointed if that's how this fight ends.
I liked it. One way to kill the guy with such power, is if he never had to go all out and doesn't have experience with using his power to full extent.

Which was exactly the case with that guy. Last words in this chapter kinda fit the whole situation.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:02   Link #5365
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

In the end Gremmy does himself in... Meh.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:02   Link #5366
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
I liked it. One way to kill the guy with such power, is if he never had to go all out and doesn't have experience with using his power to full extent.

Which was exactly the case with that guy. Last words in this chapter kinda fit the whole situation.
So basically, Gremmy just destroyed himself? Is that what you're trying to say? Well that definitely makes sense, saves Kenpachi the trouble of ending him personally.

Man, the Sternritters are getting wasted here, much like the Espada before them. If it weren't for Yhwach getting stronger from every Sternritter that dies, I'd say he was seriously boned. Be very afraid when he personally joins the battle. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:09   Link #5367
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this is actually a prove that Kenpachi is really badass

I love this battle actually... the fact that Kenpachi become invisible is because he's able to convince his enemy that he's a monster... that's what strengthen Kenpachi
and finally, that quincy dude is killed by his own power

what a fool... but Kenpachi is smarter indeed
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:16   Link #5368
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
That has got to be the lamest way to end a fight. Why would the "monster" manifest itself physically inside Gremmy, if the space vacuum and the meteor didn't?
Old 2014-04-23, 04:48   Link #5369
SF-A2 Miki

I'm not sure I understand what exactly happened, but I'm sure Gremmy will spend the rest of next chapter explaining how whatever it was didn't affect him.
SF-A2 Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 04:50   Link #5370
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Why does "wanting to beat a monster" become "become a monster yourself"? Does not compute.
Old 2014-04-23, 05:28   Link #5371
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Man, I just laughed at the absurdity of this chapter.
Old 2014-04-23, 05:59   Link #5372
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
That has got to be the lamest way to end a fight. Why would the "monster" manifest itself physically inside Gremmy, if the space vacuum and the meteor didn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Why does "wanting to beat a monster" become "become a monster yourself"? Does not compute.
Basically he wanted to turn himself into a stronger version of Kenpachi. However in his mind, Kenpachi was a monster so when he tried to turn himself into Kenpachi, the fact that in his mind, Kenpachi was not a human/shinigami did him in.

His human body couldn't handle it because Gremmy was trying to become something that Gremmy had imagined was not human. It's hard to put into words but basically if Kenpachi was still human or a shinigami in his mind, that wouldn't of happened to him. Dumb way to die but that's also the major weakness to Gremmy's ability. You literally have to distance yourself from reality because if you imagine yourself losing or dying, you pretty much die.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 06:30   Link #5373
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Where exactly did it say that he wanted to be a stronger version of Kenpachi? All I read is that he wanted to be stronger, but not a stronger version of him.
Old 2014-04-23, 06:53   Link #5374
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Where exactly did it say that he wanted to be a stronger version of Kenpachi? All I read is that he wanted to be stronger, but not a stronger version of him.
Not that hard, he saw Kenpachi as a monster "page 5 he begins shouting it", page 15 basically the same thing "You really are a god damn monster.

The fact that Kenpachi survived everything the threw at him, in his mind it was not possible, only a monster would be able to survive all that.

In his mind he wanted to become stronger then the monster, this is to become the monster first and then overpower the monster, but his body could not handle that thought.

Page 16 he says he wants to become stronger then Kenpachi (That is a monster in his mind).
Old 2014-04-23, 07:24   Link #5375
ZGoten
Custom User Title

So you have to be a monster to be stronger than another monster? A bit of a stretch, but okay.
Old 2014-04-23, 08:15   Link #5376
Knjaz

Quote:
Because Gremmy tried to make himself "stronger than Kenpachi", but since that's a very indefinite wish (unlike meteor, etc), Gremmy used him as a basis, turning himself into Kenpachi-like being, while already perceiving him as a monster at same time.

Basically, he didn't even know how to properly imagine what he wanted to achieve, most likely. Unless he could precisely measure Kenpachi's strenght and give himself a greater amount of it, which he clearly couldn't.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 09:11   Link #5377
The Green One

Strength is such an abstract thing to imagine, how can you honestly measure that with thought? There's also the fact that Mr. Imagination doesn't actually know how strong Kenpachi is, he can't really set the bar. So I suppose a meltdown like this actually makes sense in a way.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 10:39   Link #5378
itachi-san314

holy crap that was stupid
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 10:45   Link #5379
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Can anyone pinpoint the exact moment Kubo forgot that Shinigamis are spirits?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:03   Link #5380
sayde

I can maybe sorta see why Gremmy lost. But at the same time, it's not as if he couldn't have won with ease IMO. He should've just stuck with cookie-bone tactics (body manipulation strategies) instead of trying to use his imagination to combat power he couldn't even grasp the magnitude of head on.

On another note;
Why'd this fight get more chapters devoted to it than the final battle in Deicide again? Oh yeah...because this pacing is terrible. Is it over yet? I really hope it's over.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter