AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-22, 21:39   Link #1421
ImperialFlameGod8190

When i first saw this arc I was like this is going to be terrible so i was going to skip it and hope the next one is better. I was bored today and figured i'd give it a shot to see if it was any good.... i was right and this arc is awful. AI deciding to follow lightnings desire pretty much spits on the whole last arc and this idea that Roboppi can compete with Ghost girl and her brother is laughable.

As for the whole Aoi Yusaku moment after she found out he was playmaker (which by the way was done so stupidly that it's almost embarasssing) was pathetic because it's a lame attempt to try and give some romance in a story that has managed fine without it. By the way the fact they had her almost happy when he came contradicts the whole point of her seeking him out.

Just plain awful.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 20:34   Link #1422
justavisitor

I am afraid this is the probably the last arc of vrains tho
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 20:41   Link #1423
alex_drian

I still can't believe that Firewall Dragon is reckoned out of existence.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-24, 19:53   Link #1424
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
When i first saw this arc I was like this is going to be terrible so i was going to skip it and hope the next one is better. I was bored today and figured i'd give it a shot to see if it was any good.... i was right and this arc is awful. AI deciding to follow lightnings desire pretty much spits on the whole last arc and this idea that Roboppi can compete with Ghost girl and her brother is laughable.
Please note that the Ai that we have known since Arc 1 has died sacrificing himself to slow down Bohman to save Yusaku back in Arc 2. The Ai that we have now (let's call him "Reboot Ai") is a memory back-up that was inside Roboppi. Mind you that OG Ai created this memory back-up when he felt the most animosity toward humans after Earth's death back in Arc 2. So, Reboot Ai was OG Ai at its lowest point. Even during the climax of Arc 2, Reboot Ai himself warned PM that his back-up self might be a different person from OG Ai that he've known. So, the Reboot-Ai acting like he does in Arc 3 is not without good reasons and the seed were already planted since the middle of Arc 2. Also, Roboppi becoming so advanced is because his/her AI was "flooded" by Ai's back-up data back in Arc 2, accidentally making him/her a helluva more intelligent/smarter.

Quote:
As for the whole Aoi Yusaku moment after she found out he was playmaker (which by the way was done so stupidly that it's almost embarasssing) was pathetic because it's a lame attempt to try and give some romance in a story that has managed fine without it.
Is it really romance though? Aoi's interaction with Yusaku in the playground was more that of a blooming friendship because the setting (playground) of their interaction was intentionally made to resemble/represent where Aoi & Miyu played together in the past. I don't know what the future episodes development will bring us regarding Aoi & Yusaku relationship but the interaction in the park was too premature to be deemed as "romance".

Quote:
By the way the fact they had her almost happy when he came contradicts the whole point of her seeking him out.

Just plain awful.
It's called conflicting feelings. Normal people experienced that too. For example, when I was in deep trouble and my friend offered his help despite his limited resources, I politely declined coz I don't really want to drag him down. But when he keep insisting to help me, I felt happy and finally welcome his aid. It's human nature. What's so awful about it? Surely you have experienced that kind of human/social interaction in your life. Are you going to call people's real-life experience as "bad writing"?

Also, Aoi didn't actively seek PM to warn him. She just so happen to find him (and his real identity) when she wanted to show Yusaku's hot-dog stand to Akira for lunch, remember?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2019-06-24 at 20:03.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-25, 21:51   Link #1425
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Please note that the Ai that we have known since Arc 1 has died sacrificing himself to slow down Bohman to save Yusaku back in Arc 2. The Ai that we have now (let's call him "Reboot Ai") is a memory back-up that was inside Roboppi. Mind you that OG Ai created this memory back-up when he felt the most animosity toward humans after Earth's death back in Arc 2. So, Reboot Ai was OG Ai at its lowest point. Even during the climax of Arc 2, Reboot Ai himself warned PM that his back-up self might be a different person from OG Ai that he've known. So, the Reboot-Ai acting like he does in Arc 3 is not without good reasons and the seed were already planted since the middle of Arc 2. Also, Roboppi becoming so advanced is because his/her AI was "flooded" by Ai's back-up data back in Arc 2, accidentally making him/her a helluva more intelligent/smarter.

Is it really romance though? Aoi's interaction with Yusaku in the playground was more that of a blooming friendship because the setting (playground) of their interaction was intentionally made to resemble/represent where Aoi & Miyu played together in the past. I don't know what the future episodes development will bring us regarding Aoi & Yusaku relationship but the interaction in the park was too premature to be deemed as "romance".

It's called conflicting feelings. Normal people experienced that too. For example, when I was in deep trouble and my friend offered his help despite his limited resources, I politely declined coz I don't really want to drag him down. But when he keep insisting to help me, I felt happy and finally welcome his aid. It's human nature. What's so awful about it? Surely you have experienced that kind of human/social interaction in your life. Are you going to call people's real-life experience as "bad writing"?

Also, Aoi didn't actively seek PM to warn him. She just so happen to find him (and his real identity) when she wanted to show Yusaku's hot-dog stand to Akira for lunch, remember?
I don't remember all the details about his backup so that's fine.

I called a lame attempt for a reason.

Aoi was going so far as to ask Naoki for help to contact playmaker in order to stop him from facing Ai. It's a horrific comparison but oh well

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-26, 02:09   Link #1426
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't remember all the details about his backup so that's fine.
Good

Quote:
I called a lame attempt for a reason.
It's not lame if they didn't even try/attempt at romance in that scene. That playground scene doesn't really signify romance at all for me since the setting drew comparison with Aoi & Miyu's friendship. If future episodes present a more solid romantic approach between the two then feel free to address it then, but for now it's not.

Quote:
Aoi was going so far as to ask Naoki for help to contact playmaker in order to stop him from facing Ai. It's a horrific comparison but oh well
I don't see anything wrong with that. Aoi felt obligated to tell PM to stay away from the fight considering how personal it is. But then during the battle, PM came by his own will. That makes Aoi happy because PM is a great help when it comes to defending Akira's life from the Ai threat. Again, conflicting feelings. It's natural & human. There's nothing strange about it just like what I explained in my previous comparison.
Old 2019-08-17, 22:07   Link #1427
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This personal arc has been pretty good so far. Roboppi's death hit me a little. It's right that, even with all the information one can get, a person without the maturity to handle it will only fail and crumble. Poor Roboppi, his/her most happiest moment was when s/he can clean up Yusaku's room.

As for (Reboot) Ai himself, he's been a pretty unique villain in this arc. He was previously really close to the protags and now he's on the opposite side of the conflict (which he created). But he doesn't really have a burning grudge for the protags. He suffers so much "survivor's guilt" which compels him to do whatever it is he wants to do. He's also mostly chill and comedic which isn't very common for a boss villain. The arc is so much about him that I gotta say that he's the MC instead of Yusaku & co. Even more so when Yusaku was intentionally cast aside in some episodes in favor of Ai. It reminds me of Thanos in IW.
Old 2019-08-22, 00:03   Link #1428
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Soulburner VS Revolver, definitely a duel I wanted to see.

I like the choice of scenery.

Really good duel so far, looking forward to seeing how it ends next time.

I am going for Soulburner, I want to see Playmaker VS AI happen
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 12:25   Link #1429
Marina2

Ep. 117-120

The final duel between Playmaker and A.I. is pretty fun to watch. Link-6 monster is cool.

So...A.I. only did everything to save Playmaker and the future from being doomed. Such a good partner you are.

As expected, Yusaku "disappeared" from everyone and ended up alone. Poor Aoi. But at least Soulburner got his girlfriend.

And...with that VRAINS has come to the end. Next Yu-gi-oh series is announced to air in 2020.

My Yu-gi-oh Ranking

5D > Duel monster >VRAINS > ARC-V > GX > XEXAL
Old 2019-09-25, 12:45   Link #1430
Blueknight78

finally i was able to see to the end this terrible train wreck, one of the worst serie in my opnion, the middle to the end, the final villian being AI everything was too terrible levels of writing it's feel like near the end of the previous series they hired a bunch of 4 years old kids to write the pervious serie and and all that serie it was really terrible, the serie writers do really need a big vacation because they really got totally burned out all the ideas they have until zexall, then after that was just things going terrible bad.

many plot holes like what happened with the "chess" leaders of the corporation, they just "vanished" for that woman appear??, they give up in they plans???.

"blue useless" really become another "try hard and fail epic" female leader serie, where she did so little which they needed to change her look multiple times to maybe make peoples "like her", go away useless onizuka:" another horrible exemple of terrible development he just keep fliping between "good and bad" guy without any real development, both blue angel and go onizuka where the perfect exemple of "what not do" with a chararacter if you want peoples to like him or make then important, they where the must useless characters.

the only real salvation in this serie for me was souburn and ghost girl, they where the only real interesting characters, playmaker was just your "generic dead pan face" shounen mc, which had that terrible "3 things" which thanks god near the end they finally dropped it, it's not like that sort of catphrase" don't exist in yu-gi-oh but serious from all the others mc for me his one was the worst and most "cling", for a yu-gi-oh serie mc he was in general "fine", his only issue was really that 3 things.

now waiting the new serie to come and they do "renew the serie" specially the peoples behind the writers because at this point i feel like they really hit the bottom of the hole and anything worst than this could lead to the serie finally die.

in general the serie was terrible, it does have some good battles here and there but overal plot was really horrible levels and we need some real renew here to make sure next serie don't get the same bad level or get even worst.

my rank in the serie overal(since i never watched 5d i will not put it here)

original>gx>zexxal>arc-v=vrains
Old 2019-09-25, 21:05   Link #1431
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Sigh he dumped me, that was a funny line.

Drastic Draw, Playmaker dabbing lol.

Well then it's it and that's that for VRAINS.

Decent series overall, very sad it was cut short and had so many production problems that we are all aware of for a while now.

That fact that the next series is already in production is hopefully a good sign, they have so much time to work on it it should be really good.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 11:55   Link #1432
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

My first time actually enjoying a 'derivative' YGO series.

I always find it difficult to enjoy non-OG cast, even Judai and Yusei that loved by many, but VRAINS managed to catch me by its down to earth approach.
First season is a mixed bag, but it doing well in preparing the next two season to be awesome as you pretty much got how VRAINS world working and how the stake of duel by following season is real compare to treating yourself as combination of Fusion / Synchro / Pendulum / Ritual.

Directors are not always expert at dueling, investors stay investor and not give a damn about your company aside profit matters, sportsman resorting to 'underhanded method' as their popularity decline, manipulative bastard that actually correct and difficult to deny with real dueling capabilities instead of simply using broken card because he can, right hand man who is secretly the most feared person when it comes to duel. I really enjoy it despite fact the series is rushed and costs Playmaker overall development leading to lower impact by final battle.

Ai being final boss is easily predictable the moment I learned his VA is Takahiro Sakurai;
During that time I'm worried how they'll build Ai as villain but they ended up did it smoothly I ended up satisfied.
He's backup when Ai expressed how he hates human. He have no understanding the original Ai already move on and accept "It's OK for Ignises to close their stories with conflict caused by Lightning"; lack of said understanding caused survivor guilt to the point he desperate enough 'filling' himself to the point he resorted to copies with free will.

At first I thought he will throw rant but turned out he started with simple logic, "You're made of flesh, I'm data. For you simulation is fake, for me its real."
Maybe my most favorite part in VRAINS, they took the underlying theme about AI seriously and surprisingly convey it better than most series with same conflict, something I'm not expected to come from YGO. Kidnapping children as part of AI experiment, Blood Shepherd car accident caused him despise AI, Bohman agreement to Lightning plan of unification because its logical, Zaizen concern about how public will perceive AI, his company product, if Ignis issues exposed to public. It's really nice to see YGO that actually care to cause and effect of each events on relatable level.

Soulburner inability to move on is simply because he wanted forgiveness from his parents. Ai is scared being alone and have to deal with uncertainty of future with him as potential source of conflict itself being superior AI; when was the last time they actually care about this after OG series?

After that its how third season went full of symbolism. Earth to defeat Go. Fire to deal with Soulburner, Revolver and PM. Water to deal with Aoi, Light and Wind to deal with Queen. Ai magic and trap artworks and wording. Topologina with bee leitmotifs, distinguish Pandor from Ai. Zeroboros effect, obvious name that is Karmacept and escaping it with Reincarnation Summon. The Arrival, then the last, 15th card from Extra Deck PM used to deal with it is Link 4 Talker with white armor; also homage to original Ceremonial Duel with PM banished mysterious card (with revival effect) to use it later. Damn! What's not to love from this final season; easily made time invested on first and second season paid well.

Gotta say Soulburner is the winner of this series.
His subplot is relatable and concluded in an awesome way enough to put other sidekick jealous.
Kudos to animator, Revolver VA and Yuki Kaji delivering duel with true intense emotion I'm always looking for; kinda feel bad for Aoi, but that's not something new in YGO series.

Gonna miss YGO series I can enjoy while working;
Its sad this series only got 120 episodes, but with how they managed to wrap it well, I'm fine with this series fate only getting 120 episodes. Can't ask better than this; no need throwing new card with "God" title to extend conflict. Lightning and Bohman already epic villain on their own caliber letting backup Ai rest in peace immediately is the best. More of it and they might ended up ruined it instead. Link is very enjoyable way to summon and build one strategy, never thought I'm thinking to believe in this franchise again after they ruined it with Pendulum.

Thank you, VRAINS.
Old 2019-09-27, 23:31   Link #1433
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

^But Ai got reborn in the end which means that PM may find him.
Old 2019-09-28, 09:53   Link #1434
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
^But Ai got reborn in the end which means that PM may find him.
If SOL Technologies using leftover data from second season events to rebuilt and expand Vrains system, Ignises should be able to return.
After all, previously they mentioned probability to rebuilt Earth if they could get Earth data from SOL Tech, but it will be a different Earth.

I suspect that is their plan if this series get more than 120 episodes. Ignises are 'reborn' inside Soltis, causing social problem about free will after all the "AI took human jobs" on early part of S3 considering Ai suddenly inspiring Roboppi to build his own AI nation despite his endgame lead to similar result.

Old 2019-11-07, 13:15   Link #1435
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Heh, I wanted to post a long impression about the show back then after the last episode aired, but I think tactics already said more or less what's needed to be said.

That said, here's a good news:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Now that should prove how well-received Vrains is.

As for me, I think Vrains might as well be the top YGO series compared to others. It has no filler arcs. The recap episodes was only there due to production issues (mostly a leftover mess from Arc-V) instead of aesthetic choices. It has consistent theme of "getting over a tragedy in your life to move forward" and it also ignored the tired trope of "tournament arc" to focus more on the flow of the narrative for its characters. The characters themselves are also quite good. Especially Revolver. He always command the attention whenever he's on screen.

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series