AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-15, 19:03   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That one and BNA are the two most likely to be completed, from what I've heard. BNA because of the obvious Netflix connection and Yesterday because the production schedule was extremely proactive.

What's going to be interesting is what happens when production does get ramped back up - realistically fall at the earliest, probably. Will the shows that were halted be finished and push everything else back, or will they be abandoned in favor of the scheduled series that had yet to air? I suspect it will be a mix, depending on their perceived profitability. In a sense it's the same dilemma sports leagues are facing in deciding whether to finish their abortive seasons or scrap them and start over.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-15, 20:41   Link #22
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I know nothing about anime production, so assume this question is asked in total ignorance:

How much work can be done remotely? I turned in my latest book manuscript right before the US started locking down, and by now I've been through the edited proofs and we've worked out the final version. I expect cover art at some point too, which means the book will be ready to hit the press as soon as the stay-at-home orders are lifted. Can anime production run that way, too?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-15, 22:31   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I know nothing about anime production, so assume this question is asked in total ignorance:

How much work can be done remotely? I turned in my latest book manuscript right before the US started locking down, and by now I've been through the edited proofs and we've worked out the final version. I expect cover art at some point too, which means the book will be ready to hit the press as soon as the stay-at-home orders are lifted. Can anime production run that way, too?
In a word, no. Or at least not efficiently enough to sustain production when financial viability is so tight as is.

The biggest issues are probably not the animation houses themselves, but compositing and voice recording. One possible option might be to move everything lock, stock and barrel to Korea, where the situation is under far better control. But I don't know if the necessary facilities could be freed up to make that happen.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2020-04-16 at 01:34.
Old 2020-04-16, 00:57   Link #24
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In a word, no. Or at least not efficiently enough to sustain production when financial viability is so tight as is.
Well, bummer. Too bad they can't all move to Florida, where even pro wrestling is considered "essential."
Old 2020-04-16, 05:14   Link #25
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 2:

Hina slowly adapting to fishing club.

Her ability to untangle strings still come in useful. Receive a rod from sempai.

Did not expect she would flip Natsumi's skirt. xD
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-16, 10:28   Link #26
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think this is most likely my first fishing anime.
I haven't watched any of this show yet, but I can say you need a little Tsuritama in your life. It follows four boys who bond over ocean fishing. It also has aliens and a hilariously silly bunch of secret agents. Nakamura Kenji made this delightful little story:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It ran alongside Sakamichi no Apollon in the noitaminA block when they were running two shows back-to-back for a while.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-16, 10:30   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I haven't watched any of this show yet, but I can say you need a little Tsuritama in your life. It follows four boys who bond over ocean fishing. It also has aliens and a hilariously silly bunch of secret agents. Nakamura Kenji made this delightful little story:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It ran alongside Sakamichi no Apollon in the noitaminA block when they were running two shows back-to-back for a while.
Absolutely one of the very best anime of the decade.
Old 2020-04-16, 10:44   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I watched it, but I had completely forgotten about it. I'm pretty sure I liked it a lot too, but I guess it wasn't that memorable for me.
Old 2020-04-16, 11:15   Link #29
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for official art:

somehow, this anime makes me want to fish near the sea again. Just not forget to put the sunblock, to avoid experience the 4-5 day pain of sunburn again - not joking about this, the pain that time was hell.
Old 2020-04-21, 16:50   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Last episode for a while. The series continues to be pleasant. Not much to say about the episode itself. Nice catch, I guess.
Old 2020-04-21, 19:36   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Now watch a much better fishing show, since Tsuritama is airing for the rest of the season in a pinch-hitting role.
Old 2020-04-21, 20:59   Link #32
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Hina its tough enough kill the first fish ones catches but maybe she just do catch and release

Wow Ohno is really strong
Old 2020-04-21, 22:37   Link #33
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for official art:
Old 2020-04-22, 01:13   Link #34
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Aw, I hope this show isn't delayed too long. I really like it. Certainly not the best show of the season, but for some reason it leaves me smiling the most. And I don't even like fishing.

Hina and Natsumi remind me of Aoi and Hinata in Yama no Susume, and this show has the same combination of CGDCT and outdoorsy information. And even though they're explicitly catching fish to eat them, the show is much less food-obsessed than YuruCamp.
Old 2020-04-22, 02:25   Link #35
Liddo-kun
is this so?

yeah, with this and Healin Precure delayed. I have much less to watch. Now only have Priconne and Tamayomi as new anime to watch.

However, it also is sort of a positive thing because shows Doga Kobo cares about their employees. If there's a plague.. better safety first than try to risk life of people.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-04-22 at 02:53.
Old 2020-04-22, 07:56   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Poor Hina its tough enough kill the first fish ones catches but maybe she just do catch and release
She'd have to touch them even more to release them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-22, 18:44   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She'd have to touch them even more to release them.
Girl likes to eat, too.
Old 2020-04-23, 08:43   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

Hina catch her first big fish. Took an insane amount of patience to catch that one.

The food cooked looks so delicious.....

Things are getting good, now I'm even more sad this has to take a break. However, I still believe it has to be done for the safety of their workers. Looking forward to the time this anime will resume again!!
Old 2020-04-24, 20:59   Link #39
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I have a question - What's the deal with Hina stabbing her little doll or toy or something whenever she's stressing out? Is that a thing in Japan?
Old 2020-04-24, 22:20   Link #40
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I have a question - What's the deal with Hina stabbing her little doll or toy or something whenever she's stressing out? Is that a thing in Japan?
I'm very doubtful it's a Japan-only trait: anime are known for using visuals to convey specific ideas, and that looks like it's Hina's tick for coping with stressful moments, the same way some people chew their nails, pick at their skin or break out a fidget spinner. If I had to guess, this is an unequivocal way of communicating to viewers that something is making her anxious, irrespective of her whatever she might be saying in that moment.

Tags
fishing, slice of life