AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-01, 20:56   Link #81
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well seeing Oono all scared just jumping in the pool water then hanging on to Yuuki was just so fun to watch

That bird was just so awesome just know how to get a free meal
Old 2020-09-02, 01:23   Link #82
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I love herons. There are plenty of them along the coast here in SoCal, and I always look for them when I go to my parents' lake house in northern Indiana, too. The arroyo that runs behind my apartment complex is home to a snowy egret, which is like a heron but a bit smaller, with all-white feathers and bright yellow feet.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-02, 01:42   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They look nice from a distance, but I don't know that I'd like to meet one nose to beak, or argue with it about possession of a fish.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-03, 08:20   Link #84
Dop
Mmmm....

I was already quite impressed by Sensei doing her job properly and having them do safety drills as well as providing them with equipment.
Then the second part dealt with a very real problem of people leaving discarded fishing lines and how that impacts wildlife. It did it in a very natural seeming way that never seemed to get all 'wheel of morality' about it.

Really good episode that made some good points but was still entertaining.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 12:12   Link #85
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

With some difficulty, I managed to locate the restaurant that Natsumi's house is based on, plus their fishing spot in the eighth episode. It's the Kakashi Grill, located in Hitoyoshi, which is about 15 miles away from Sashiki. The 7-Eleven that the Breakwater Club get their river fishing day license from, and the bridge they fish for prawns under is a lot easier to find, being a 10 minute walk from their high school.
Old 2020-09-08, 21:00   Link #86
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Getting to know the kinds of fish with Oono when Hina catches them and will Oono really knows how to fillet a fish without using a fillet knife

Sayaka really know how make the most of being there advisor just leaving the car at home and dragging everything she needs with a hand cart
Old 2020-09-09, 01:07   Link #87
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Wow, watching this show, I can almost smell the fish we used to catch when we went fishing with my grandfather in Oklahoma and Missouri, back in the 70s.

So, Sensei loves beer, and she hunts and prepares wild game, eh? She should move to the US, or possibly Canada. She'd find a husband in nothing flat.
Old 2020-09-09, 06:58   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought what Yu was planning was something a bit nastier for Hina, like some really ugly fish, but it was actually a nice surprise. Hina got to enjoy herself a lot, except when it came to killing the fish.
Old 2020-09-10, 21:52   Link #89
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Ohno could leave school tomorrow and quickly rise as a chef in a restaurant. I've wondered where she's going in life. Ohno has become the most interesting character to me.

They are giving Hina a bit more sass especially with those looks. She's not always the "nice girl."

I'd be squeamish, too.

At least we didn't have to watch Sensei be drunk again. Thank kamisama for small blessings.

I don't know if we are to believe Sensei's exploits as a huntress. Yu seems dubious.

I read InfiniteZenith's excellent blog post https://infinitemirai.wordpress.com/...e-%c2%be-mark/. Such a detailed and informative essay just like the detailed and informative series you are blogging.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2020-09-10 at 22:20.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 07:07   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
They are giving Hina a bit more sass especially with those looks. She's not always the "nice girl."
She's been that way since the start, especially around Natsumi. She constantly doubts and sometimes even looks down on Natsumi and Yu, who always prove her wrong. The only person she genuinely respects is Ohno.
Old 2020-09-12, 00:04   Link #91
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Ohno could leave school tomorrow and quickly rise as a chef in a restaurant. I've wondered where she's going in life. Ohno has become the most interesting character to me.

I'd be squeamish, too.

At least we didn't have to watch Sensei be drunk again. Thank kamisama for small blessings.

I don't know if we are to believe Sensei's exploits as a huntress. Yu seems dubious.

I read InfiniteZenith's excellent blog post https://infinitemirai.wordpress.com/...e-%c2%be-mark/. Such a detailed and informative essay just like the detailed and informative series you are blogging.
A hunting anime would be interesting. A group of adults in their late 20s or early 30s getting together on a Yama no Susume style expedition to hunt deer and boars, getting used to crossbows or compound bows, applying for a gun license, actually hunting, cleaning the meat and preparing it, would offer quite a bit of material that could prove fun to watch.

Series like Houkago Teibou Nisshi are superb in that regard: there's so much the show piques that after the episode ends, my inclination is to read about it and learn more, as well as see what equivalences there are back home. The anime episodes have an impact after it's over, and that causes me to nerd out, as it were. I'm glad that you found the posts helpful, they come as a result of what happens post-episode
Old 2020-09-12, 00:28   Link #92
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
A hunting anime would be interesting. A group of adults in their late 20s or early 30s getting together on a Yama no Susume style expedition to hunt deer and boars, getting used to crossbows or compound bows, applying for a gun license, actually hunting, cleaning the meat and preparing it, would offer quite a bit of material that could prove fun to watch.

Series like Houkago Teibou Nisshi are superb in that regard: there's so much the show piques that after the episode ends, my inclination is to read about it and learn more, as well as see what equivalences there are back home. The anime episodes have an impact after it's over, and that causes me to nerd out, as it were. I'm glad that you found the posts helpful, they come as a result of what happens post-episode
It seems to me that I remember some anime already had an episode where a group of girls get hunting licenses. But I can not remember where I saw it. I want to say Sabagebu! but they never used real guns in that one(since if they had it would have had one of the highest bodycounts in anime history) so why would they need hunting licenses?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 01:44   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
A hunting anime would be interesting. A group of adults in their late 20s or early 30s cute high school girls getting together on a Yama no Susume style expedition to hunt deer and boars, getting used to crossbows or compound bows, applying for a gun license, actually hunting, cleaning the meat and preparing it, would offer quite a bit of material that could prove fun to watch.
FTFY. I mean, I'd appreciate adults too, but we know how anime works, right?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 08:26   Link #94
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Golden Kamuy has quite a bit of material on hunting for game and preparing the meat. (Chitatap!) If you've not seen it, I strongly recommend it. Third season airs next month.
Old 2020-09-15, 16:41   Link #95
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
It seems to me that I remember some anime already had an episode where a group of girls get hunting licenses. But I can not remember where I saw it. I want to say Sabagebu! but they never used real guns in that one(since if they had it would have had one of the highest bodycounts in anime history) so why would they need hunting licenses?
If memory serves, Sabagebu! had Momoka and the others attempting to help a village under siege by wild animals, so they needed the licenses, only to learn that their age precluded them from doing so. They never did succeed, and promptly go back to airsoft instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
FTFY. I mean, I'd appreciate adults too, but we know how anime works, right?
That goes without saying

Quote:
Golden Kamuy has quite a bit of material on hunting for game and preparing the meat. (Chitatap!) If you've not seen it, I strongly recommend it. Third season airs next month.
I appreciate the recommendation, will give Golden Kamuy a whirl during slower anime seasons

This week's episode looks like it's setting the stage for the finale, and it's (at least for me), a suitable build-up – while Hina's come a long way since her first meeting with Yūku, she's still got quite a ways to go yet. A part of the journey is the end, though, and I am rather looking forwards to seeing how Houkago Teibou Nisshi wraps up. Can't believe it's nearly over, it's been such a pleasant journey.
Old 2020-09-15, 18:03   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's nice to see Hina being more proactive. She's just not proactive enough yet. Her various fears aren't helping her of course.
Old 2020-09-15, 20:57   Link #97
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hina really needs to get over her fear of bugs all ready But hands off to the shop guy really knowing his stuff and pointing Hina in the right direction of all the gear they need
Old 2020-09-15, 20:58   Link #98
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I think that a good VR session is what Hina needs to start, but knowing how the series work, it'll probably be a more gradual easing into things. The remark about the artificial bait being more reusable and durable was also a nice touch, both giving viewers an idea of the alternatives to live bait and also an out for Hina.
Old 2020-09-16, 20:42   Link #99
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I appreciate the recommendation, will give Golden Kamuy a whirl during slower anime seasons
How to make "chitatap" from squirrels. Earlier in the episode Asirpa shows Sugimoto how to catch squirrels with wire nooses.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I've enjoyed my time with the girls at the breakwater. Too bad it's coming to an end. Might be time to watch Tsuritama again.
Old 2020-09-16, 22:36   Link #100
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
I made it through the first season, but the constant addition of out-there characters finally proved to be too much for me. I hit my limit with the taxidermist.

Tags
fishing, slice of life