AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-16, 23:24   Link #101
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

We’ll see how it goes. I think next season, GochiUsa will be filling my slice-of-life void!
Old 2020-09-22, 17:02   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a good final episode. Got to see how much Hina's grown, now being able to figure things out by herself and truly enjoying fishing. The biggest fish hooked in the show turned out to be Hina herself

As far as cute girls doing not so cute things shows go, this was one of the better ones. Good cast and educational.
Old 2020-09-22, 20:18   Link #103
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-22, 20:20   Link #104
Magewolf

This has been a really enjoyable show. I think these shows should be called cute girls doing fun things. Fishing, camping, mountain climbing, and what have you.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-22, 20:52   Link #105
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Hina really got into fishing she really did her research and some trial and error but she did it now only if she can overcome her fear of bugs

Well all the guys in the handcraft club

8/10 Need more cute girls fishing
Old 2020-09-22, 21:21   Link #106
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Put me down in the group of people who enjoyed Houkago Teibou Nisshi. This anime was great for keeping the spirits up, and I found that the series' messages are also worthwhile. I think one of the folks I speak with consider this, alongside the likes of Yama no Susume, Yuru Camp△ and A Place Further than the Universe, to be "cute girls doing difficult things", where "difficult" refers to activities that take a modicum of skill and investment of effort to be successful in.
Old 2020-09-23, 16:03   Link #107
Dop
Mmmm....

I liked this show. It was fun, but also you got the feeling they'd done their research on fishing and were showing how to fish for various things, including the artificial bait I wish they'd had when my Dad took me fishing when I was a lad. (Maggots... Ew!)
Also got across some serious messaging like cleaning up after yourself and not leaving your line behind to tangle on wildlife, and it did that in a matter of fact way that came across as natural concern and not being preachy.
Because it didn't sugar-coat the squicky aspects of fishing and gave the impression that some thought and research had gone into it, I think that puts it ahead of the average CGDCT show.

Better show than I'd expected, really.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 17:32   Link #108
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
...you got the feeling they'd done their research on fishing and were showing how to fish for various things... gave the impression that some thought and research had gone into it, I think that puts it ahead of the average CGDCT show
Some? Hardly: the research that went into this anime was extensive! I was impressed with how much attention was paid to detail in this one.
Old 2020-09-23, 19:17   Link #109
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I wasn't that fond of fishing the few times i tried it as a kid with my uncle. I had most of Hina's reactions to all the squicky parts. Here in the beautiful detachment of watching on TV, I enjoyed it all. I love the regular version of the ED, too. Watching the chibi characters react to who is singing is fun.

I'd gladly watch another cour or two of this show.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 19:36   Link #110
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Put me down in the group of people who enjoyed Houkago Teibou Nisshi. This anime was great for keeping the spirits up, and I found that the series' messages are also worthwhile. I think one of the folks I speak with consider this, alongside the likes of Yama no Susume, Yuru Camp△ and A Place Further than the Universe, to be "cute girls doing difficult things", where "difficult" refers to activities that take a modicum of skill and investment of effort to be successful in.
Also Koisuru Asteroid.

In my head I've split these shows up into two categories, depending on how much they pay attention to food. This show goes with Yuru Camp△ (and also Amanchu!) as "The Great Outdoors - With Food." The others are more about pushing yourself into the unknown.

I've enjoyed all of them, and would watch other shows of either type. One's just liable to make me hungrier than the other.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 13:32   Link #111
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Also Koisuru Asteroid.

In my head I've split these shows up into two categories, depending on how much they pay attention to food. This show goes with Yuru Camp△ (and also Amanchu!) as "The Great Outdoors - With Food." The others are more about pushing yourself into the unknown.

I've enjoyed all of them, and would watch other shows of either type. One's just liable to make me hungrier than the other.
Absolutely, Koisuru Asteroid is up there, as well

On a semi-related note to Houkago Teibou Nisshi, I ended up doing a bit of a location hunt for some of the locations the Breakwater Club visit throughout the course of the anime – the real-life locations and their equivalent in the anime are given a side-by-side comparison to emphasise just how much effort went spent on details in Houkago Teibou Nisshi.
Old 2020-10-13, 11:50   Link #112
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That tour of Ashikita, Kumamoto, was awesome! Thanks for sharing.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-18, 00:10   Link #113
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Live-action series coming this summer:

Announcement on Twitter

Coverage on Crunchyroll

I just hope they don't go crazy with the food-related aspects, the way the Yuru Camp live-action did.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishing, slice of life