AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-29, 23:12   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sorry, I don't buy that a personal grudge makes it "perfectly fine" to generally hate against whole classes of people.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-29, 23:57   Link #42
Tenzen12

Which she does not, but again I don't give rat about someone getting offended by her undisputedly foul mouth so that's all I have to say on this topic.
Old 2020-05-01, 22:43   Link #43
Frontier

Okay, I think I'm starting to believe in Minare and Mizuho as an endgame ship .

I really hope Riho Sugiyama makes it big after this. Not only is she killing it as Minare in her everyday life but I feel like she's really getting show her chops with this radio show where she has to play Minare reacting to these various situations. Her portrayal of "murderer Minare" was super effective .

It's nice that Minare can still channel all her resentment and mixed feelings about Mitsuo into a successful radio show, but hopefully she fan finally start moving on with the next one .

What were the chances that Minare running a radio show talking about her fictional murder of Mitsuo would end up interrupting Mitsuo's current girlfriend who was apparently about to kill him? It's almost like fate .

So we go from a story about a woman scorned to...aliens? This radio show is really keeping Minare on her toes. It's amazing she was able to completely improvise that second sequence with barely any forewarning and make it seem so genuine .

Looks like Minare is cutting her losses with Nakahara on the off-chance that he and Makie hooked up and dedicating herself exclusively to radio .
Old 2020-05-03, 06:17   Link #44
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Man I enjoyed Mamiko Noto’s voice in the show.

Doubt Funi can top that.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 09:59   Link #45
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Man I enjoyed Mamiko Noto’s voice in the show.

Doubt Funi can top that.
Who knows if they're even going to dub this at this rate, but I feel like Minare's VA is the toughest act to follow .
Old 2020-05-06, 07:49   Link #46
jdennis007

Agreed, she has that slightly husky "smokers voice" that is going to be difficult to do.
Old 2020-05-08, 21:02   Link #47
Magewolf

I am guessing the bleeding ceiling is going to involve some two year old mutton.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 23:46   Link #48
Frontier

Classic Minare. Making a bold declaration and then immediately walking back from it once she realizes she'll lose money .

When you try to dial your boss and end up calling your dad...it was fun to finally meet Minare's parents and get their reaction to her new job, and you can kind of see how Minare ended up the way she did being raised by these two. Apparently her penchant for random tangent's and talking a lot comes from her dunk, worthless, dad .

Nakahara is a really good guy. Not only did he only take Makie home because he knew his sister was there with her baby, but he even dedicated himself to helping Minare with her show .

Was that Satomi Arai as Nakahara's sister? Railgun isn't even on and I'm still hearing Kuroko .

It was interesting finally getting to hear Makie's circumstances. She feels trapped by her possessive and overprotective brother (helpfully illustrated by her wrapped in particularly arranged and revealing bandages) and she's trying to move out from under his control after the accident. It also seems like she has fallen for Nakahara to some extent if her reaction to Nakahara's sister's question if she'd like to marry a restaurant owner .

I know Kouki Uchiyama has a tendency to play low-energy character, but jeez Oki in this episode was as lifeless as a husk. Believing his dead girlfriend was haunting him must have really done a number on him .

So I guess we know why Mato is so hung up on that comedienne and her connection to Minare. She kind of looked like Minare (and was she voiced by Minare's VA? It sounded like her), and they seemed particularly close (strong work colleagues? Close friends? Would-be lovers?) before she had an accident. I wonder if she died or has just been injured to where her career never set off ?

I thought the radio show was going to make it all up as it went along, but apparently Minare can do field pieces, with Mizuho in tow to boot! Were the costumes Mato's idea, or Minare's ?

Considering how Minare acts and she ended up calling the police on an intruder that turned out to be her...I can't fault the thinking that Mato needs to be prepared to bail her out of jail .
Old 2020-05-09, 00:08   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was a tremendously subtle and smart episode in so many ways. Really stunning.

This series is like Golden Kamuy (and not just for the bear). Every character is written as if they're the protagonist of their own story.
Old 2020-05-11, 01:50   Link #50
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Who knows if they're even going to dub this at this rate, but I feel like Minare's VA is the toughest act to follow .
Funi's slowly getting back, although they're doing it with social distancing. So the usual collaboration of the VAs + engineers.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2020-05-12, 22:11   Link #51
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Fan art with Minare as Bakarina from My Next Life as a Villainess:

Spoiler for Size:

Gotta say, she pulls off the villainess look better than Bakarina does.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 19:43   Link #52
Frontier

I did not expect this to turn into an actual murder investigation...but even that turned out to be kooky and totally all Minare's fault in every sense .

A Slavic woman with an all-Japanese name? That's a little random. And then they fall in love, plan to have hot spring sex, and go to this remote location to do it...and she just vanishes. This show is kind of piling up it's own brand of weird mysteries .

Did anyone else get the sense that Ritsuko might have a little something down there and it freaked Oki out enough to blackout and Ritsuko to run away? The visuals of her hand near her crotch area after he confessed and that symbol when he blacked out kind of gave me that impression .

Man, Minare has called the police on Oki twice, and this time got him arrested, all for stuff that was basically her fault. The dude's doing nothing but either taking care of her or getting freaked out at the idea of his former love haunting him, and she just goes and makes his life worse. She's lucky the only reason he's not pressing charges is because she agreed to apologize on live radio and help him find Ritsuko .

Minare's delusions usually revolve around sex or an affair, don't they ?

I love how Minare imagines this spy scenario that concludes with them confronting each other...while completely naked. And then she pulls out a gun from out-of-nowhere .

So Minare narrowly avoided being arrested, lost a good chance for publicity (or at least good publicity), is probably on the police's "do not listen" list, and still has no sponsors by her second show. Her radio career is totally off to a great start .
Old 2020-05-15, 21:17   Link #53
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Minare's disastrous personal life has consequences for other people. She's very lucky Oki is as forgiving as he is - he's being much kinder to her than she deserves.
Old 2020-05-15, 22:44   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Minare's disastrous personal life has consequences for other people. She's very lucky Oki is as forgiving as he is - he's being much kinder to her than she deserves.
Yeah, most people would've had her butt thrown in jail. Maybe he's just that desperate to find Ritsuko .
Old 2020-05-16, 22:22   Link #55
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Minare is her own worse enemy, and everyone else's.
Old 2020-05-16, 22:36   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Her "apology" at the end didn't sound nearly as sincere as it should have either, though I've been told that's because the anime played it for comedy and the manga played it straight.
Old 2020-05-16, 23:04   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Her "apology" at the end didn't sound nearly as sincere as it should have either, though I've been told that's because the anime played it for comedy and the manga played it straight.
(Going by the anime) She was still trying to convince people she was innocent in all this. Dude really is a saint that he was able to sit there and didn't say anything .
Old 2020-05-22, 22:43   Link #58
Frontier

Mizuho has learned to speak Minare .

Minare and her dad share the same proclivity for tangent's and fanciful stories...as well as making them raunchy when possible. Naming your daughter after your three young, hot, mistresses? Dude, come on .

We finally properly meet Makie's brother, and he's pretty hardcore possessive of his sister. Just one slight against her sends him into an uncontrollable rage that could end up with someone dead if he's not stopped. Luckily he's powerless against a talkative housewife .

Was...was that story about the other worker selling to a drug dealer at the hospital true? Because that's pretty serious .

It was nice to see Kureko come through with a solid script for Minare to work from, and it honestly seemed like she was growing on him a little, but now he's gone to an award contest? Will Minare have to compete in it ?

Mizuho and Komoto are still awkward around each other, and Minare totally picked up on that .

Now the show has come full-circle with the bear broadcast from the start of episode 1 .

I guess we have another explanation for why Mato is so focused on Minare in relation to that comedienne he was close to...she said if she would ever have a child, she'd name it "Minare" (to laugh) which I guess basically sums up Minare's character to a T .

And this lady sure was dedicated to her craft, even learning to speak Ainu to tell Ainu jokes .

Just when things seem to be picking up for Minare, her ex-boyfriend rears his head into her life to shake things up. Now to see if she's a woman of her word and her raido when she said she'd kill him .
Old 2020-05-25, 21:45   Link #59
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

And the wackiness continues...

Old 2020-05-29, 22:22   Link #60
Frontier

I love how Minare only gives up on her plan to kill Mitsuo because she missed her chance to get a gun permit .

Uh...I hope Mizuho doesn't find out Minare's been using her turtles to train .

Minare's quite the looker when she dolls herself up like she did today, and her dynamic with Mitsuo here seems to indicate she can be a pretty dedicated and caring girlfriend. For all her foibles and personality issues, she is quite the catch .

Maybe Mitsuo isn't the exact scum of the Earth as Minare's protesting had implied, but he's a manchild who mooches off the people around him and lies to the women in his life so he can continue said mooching. No wonder one of those girls actually tried to kill him .

It's good to see that, despite briefly falling into old habits, Minare was able to cut through the BS and realize there's nothing good for her in continuing to see and take care of Mitsuo .

Wow, Minare's thighs are a grade-A weapon. If she had actually killed him with that, it would have been fitting .

Tags
comedy, slice of life