AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-05-31, 14:52   Link #61
HandofFate

I like the many sides we been seeing of minare, and it all fits in a way that makes sense on what we seen of her in a realistic way imo.
Old 2020-06-05, 18:27   Link #62
Frontier

I'm surprised Minare is thinking of moving out from Mizuho's apartment. I mean, it's nice to see she doesn't want to keep imposing on Mizuho, but I was kind of expecting she'd still want to stay with such a great roommate/wife as long as she can .

Nakahara lost the minute he proved to be self-sufficient and together, while Minare feels the need to take care of the men in her life. Although maybe having someone who wants to take care of her would be a good chance of pace .

Makie finally confronts Minare about her treatment of Nakahara. I mean, she seems keenly aware of Nakahara's feelings by this point and she still treats him in such a wishy-washy way, and I agree he deserves better then that. And it ticks Makie off because she's frustrated that her current living situation with Nakahara is as platonic as it is, pretty much confirming she has feelings for Nakahara .

Pretty cool seeing some old school sound editing in action and how creative and resourceful people in that job had to be back in the day to pull off all the believable and memorable sounds you hear on radio dramas. And they're the perfect boon for a radio show with no budget .

So Minare is closing out her radio show's obsession with Mitsuo by doing a sequel to "confessions of a murderess turned alien abductee," where she and Mato bury Mitsuo and it turns from a crime drama into a horror story .

With no budget, Mato has to resort to being Minare's co-star. I think he did a pretty solid acting job, but it probably helps that he was pretty much just playing himself if his job was to bury bodies .

Yeah, burying a body is totally a believable reason to want to passionately make out, let a dude feel your butt, and have sex .

Hearing Sayaka Ohara in the preview made me realize we haven't seen Chishiro in forever .
Old 2020-06-08, 09:00   Link #63
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Catching up and it's interesting to see an old school radio drama being played out.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 22:19   Link #64
Frontier

When turning yourself in for murder is far less work and trouble then hiding the body and getting visited by your zombie lover and a judgemental god .

What's with all this reincarnation to Sweden? It's like they were sponsoring the show or something .

Man, that old-school sound work was so fun to watch. Mizuho seemed to be really enjoying herself .

It was cool to see everyone listening in to her show, from her dad, Mitsuo, Nakahara, Makie, and even Okie .

Minare has made a lot of mistakes in her life, as she declared during her "judgement" moment, but she's not going to just throw it all away and forget it, she'll face her regrets head on and try to live a better and more upright life. And thus was born Neo-Minare Koda .

It was cool that they were able to get the whole team involved with this broadcast. They may not all love Minare, but they're committed to the potential of her show .

Is the reason Mizuho is uncomfortable with Chishiro because she's close to Kureko ?

I thought the comedienne girl died from a plane crash, but it turns out to have been a surprise truck-kun appearance .

Poor Nakahara. Just...poor Nakahara .

Naked Mizuho! Seductively inching closer Mizuho !
Old 2020-06-13, 10:19   Link #65
HandofFate

I actually find the actual radio show portions really boring. Just care about the regular life stuff around it.
Old 2020-06-19, 22:32   Link #66
Frontier

Makie is entering into the radio business too? So she and Minare could be rivals in more then just love and restaurant work .

Nakahara and Makie shared a nice moment in the park together. Nakahara is a super great guy, and if things with Minare never work out, I'd really like to see Nakahara and Makie get together. I think they'd be a good couple .

Nothing tests your mettle as a rookie radio announcer then a natural disaster happening during a broadcast. Seeing an Earthquake hit Hokkaido and watching everyone deal with it was unexpected, but also kind of neat seeing how it impacted the radio station and how the cast all responded to it .

Ha, the manager putting the moves on the brother .

Ah...Minare's dad sent a message in to the radio station .

Sayaka Ohara saying "September Blue Moon" just does something for me .

By Kureko standards, his saying he'd write for Mizuho if his stories were interesting was basically him saying "yeah, sure kid" .

I guess we'll never find out what happened to Oki's girlfriend .

Mitsuo still recovering from his last encounter with Minare .

That was a fitting note to end things on with Minare...with her earning her stripes as a radio announcer and resolving to stick with it, only to go back to Voyager because she realizes she still needs money. But at least she's moving forward .
Old 2020-06-20, 02:02   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 06:45   Link #68
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Sayaka Ohara saying "September Blue Moon" just does something for me .
That makes two of us.

Yeah, that was a really strong episode to go out on.

Spoiler for Finale:

There'll probably never be a second series but if there was I'd watch it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 08:48   Link #69
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Sayaka-san knows English. IIRC, she did well at the Pre-1st grade in STEP Test in Practical English Proficiency.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2020-06-20, 18:47   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

Really hope there's a season 2. Fun show all around.

8/10
Old 2020-06-25, 08:05   Link #71
bastek66

At which chapter adaptation ended? Was it faithful?
Old 2020-06-28, 11:32   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was a really good show. There were some really weak episodes (e.g Episode 7) and the comedy didn't always work for me but it was refreshing watching a show about adults with adult problems, and when the comedy worked it really worked. It also ended on a very strong finale: If there's a second season, I'd definitely watch.

The show is like a weird mesh of Golden Kamuy and Showa Rakugo (though I don't think it's on the same level as either). Honestly didn't expect this to be written by the same guy who wrote Blade of Immortal considering how utterly tonally different they are.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 00:41   Link #73
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The English dub is already out.

Rewatched it again and it seems some character arcs were taken out or not mentioned at all IIRC.

Old 2021-03-13, 21:45   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

They just edited the footage? What's the point of that?
Old 2023-05-29, 08:20   Link #75
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

A live-action drama's out. Going to watch it.

Apprently, it spawned a spin-off called "Nami yo Kiitekure - Spin-off - Aranami yo Mondekure ~Nanba Mizuho no AD Funtouki~".

Old 2023-05-29, 21:08   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This series was a small ray of light in a very dark year for anime (and generally).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-30, 04:51   Link #77
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yep.

Not sure if more releases are being done, so the TV show's the only way to get my "Wave Listen to Me" release. First time I've seen Aya in a TV show.

Tags
comedy, slice of life