AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 08:56   Link #3661
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Who is the guy between Lucy and Warren in the upper left panel, page 3?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 12:36   Link #3662
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Who is the guy between Lucy and Warren in the upper left panel, page 3?
Unknown. He doesn't have a profile. He'll probably get one at some point. Volume 21 came with profiles for 4 more Fairy Tail members, a couple of which can be seen in some panels in chapter 200. So it seems Mashima is expanding his list of distinct background characters again.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:38   Link #3663
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I wonder how big his final cast will be...and whether he'll go for a next-gen team or try to bring in new ones to the already active cast (ala bleach style, we all know how that went).
Old 2010-09-26, 17:25   Link #3664
Krono

Quote:
I wonder how big his final cast will be...and whether he'll go for a next-gen team or try to bring in new ones to the already active cast (ala bleach style, we all know how that went).
Well, Fairy Tail's current size is just over 100 wizards. Of those we've gotten profiles on 30-40 of them. Then of course you've got the wizards from the other guilds, council members, villains, etc.

Mashima does not seem to be in a hurry to formally expand the size of Natsu's team. Juvia could have easily been chucked in with them, but Mashima didn't, and she sat a couple of arcs out. Wendy and Charle could easily join, but haven't been officially added either. Gajeel isn't likely to be interested in joining, but stands a decent chance of appearing in most arcs. We still don't know what he'll do with Lisanna either. Characters joining the team for action for one arc are still prone to being off doing their own thing the next.

Then of course we've got the secondary cast. Mirajane, Elfman, Cana, Levy, the Raijinshuu, etc. that usually only show up for a few pages every thirty chapters or so, unless the arc's involving the whole guild and they get some extra involvement for a chapter or two there. This list while probably expand a bit more, as any guild members with a decent amount of relevance end up here.

Then you've got the background characters for the guild. Character's like Max who got a profile in the late chapter 50's that talked about how his childhood was lonely, and he's now extremely sociable as a reaction, to the point that he drinks too much even though he can't hold his liquor and ends up regretting. He'd probably still be entirely unremarked upon by readers if it weren't for the broom up his rear. This list will probably end up comprising a large chunk of the known guild.
Old 2010-10-01, 02:15   Link #3665
blewin

can anyone remember whether the the blue ball speaking to Igneel is Porlyusica? This was just shown in episode 48 of the anime but I don't recall the identity of it being revealed in the manga.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 02:17   Link #3666
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
can anyone remember whether the the blue ball speaking to Igneel is Porlyusica? This was just shown in episode 48 of the anime but I don't recall the identity of it being revealed in the manga.
it was wendy's sky dragon.
Old 2010-10-01, 04:33   Link #3667
KrimzonStriker

Grandine to the exact.
Old 2010-10-02, 03:15   Link #3668
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Cana+Lucy: Feels like Cana will be the one to take the gold...
I agree with this for the most part, especially since Cana looks to have the most to lose here. Besides Natsu doesn't really need to be a S-Class to meet with Ingeel if the plot has anything to say about it, he'll be seeing him regardless of what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
frankly i just wish we got some better build up to her being capable of it
I don't think your entirely being fair to her though, considering how many characters are in this series it's not surprising that she hadn't had her time to shine till now. Hell we don't know powerful Miria was until 100 chapters later.

Mest's appearance is much better example of lack of foreshadowing.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 12:08   Link #3669
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I don't think your entirely being fair to her though, considering how many characters are in this series it's not surprising that she hadn't had her time to shine till now. Hell we don't know powerful Miria was until 100 chapters later.

Mest's appearance is much better example of lack of foreshadowing.
The thing about Cana is, she was on the first color spread of Fairy Tail characters. She was one of the ones introduced in chapter 2 along with Elfman, Gray, Loki, and Mirajane. Erza wasn't even introduced until chapter 10.

Since then we've gotten plotlines and development for all those characters, and more characters that were introduced later.

Cana on the other hand has remained drunk in the background. The most we got with her is that she was one of the ones that took charge during the Phantom Lord arc, and she got angry with Fried during the Festival arc. Neither time did we really get to see her fight.

That's a bit more than just not getting a chance to shine until now.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:19   Link #3670
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I gotta say, all the FT girls are sexy in their own way. That's why I love this manga!

And when will Fairy Tail get their own subforum???
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 13:44   Link #3671
konart

ch.203 was a great erm.... view!
Old 2010-10-02, 14:04   Link #3672
Slayerx

Seems the next chapter is already out
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That's no escuse at all... we've had 200 chapters for cana to get a single moment to shine. She could have been written into just about ANY arc. Or maybe more simply mashima could have given her someone strong to actually fight against during the phantom Lord arc; or maybe instead of lucy and loki, give Cana a chance to shine against bixlow... or hell even something less than a COMPLETE SHUT OUT against fried would be a slight improvement

And Mira is a faulty comparison. It took 100 chapters because she was suffering from a mental handicap that entire time that hampered her powers and thus made her INCAPABLE of fighting to a fraction of her fullest... Cana however has always been as strong as she ever was

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-10-02 at 17:43.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 14:30   Link #3673
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mmph, ch.203 was S-class eye candy! That aside, I've decided on my losing teams, at least for round 1...
Spoiler for flunks:

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-10-02 at 14:50.
Old 2010-10-02, 14:45   Link #3674
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

If it's true that both group member become s-class at the end of the trials then Lucy will REALLY become an s-class mage!!!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 14:55   Link #3675
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Mmph, ch.203 was S-class eye candy! That aside, I've decided on my losing teams, at least for round 1...
Spoiler for flunks:
Spoiler for Flunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post

If it's true that both group member become s-class at the end of the trials then Lucy will REALLY become an s-class mage!!!
That would be really nice if it was true, but it was never mentioned by the old man that the partner would also become an S class. I think the test is for the leader of the group, or the one nominated. Their role is to support the examinee more than anything. But yeah, it would be pretty cool if this was really the case.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 15:02   Link #3676
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Mmph, ch.203 was S-class eye candy!
Amen to that!

The way this 1st round goes, this should be pretty fun to see plus good chance to see the girls in binkins for abit

I agree that Lucy and Cana will probably win, hard imagining otherwise.

Always liked natsu's way of thinking, simple and quick even if it can be somewhat flawed at times

I really can't wait to see the battles against the S Ranks.
Old 2010-10-02, 15:03   Link #3677
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Spoiler for flunks:
Spoiler:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 15:15   Link #3678
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Amen to that!

The way this 1st round goes, this should be pretty fun to see plus good chance to see the girls in binkins for abit

I agree that Lucy and Cana will probably win, hard imagining otherwise.

Always liked natsu's way of thinking, simple and quick even if it can be somewhat flawed at times

I really can't wait to see the battles against the S Ranks.
It would be funny if Natsu's flawed logic makes him end up on the quiet path
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 15:31   Link #3679
Lostdreams

Oh shit, the guy that can kill those around him is going to show up. I wonder who's going to die. Probably mistgun's disciple.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 15:41   Link #3680
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm really liking Evergreen's new look. She's definitely one of the top contenders for Most Beautiful in Fairy Tail.

I wonder who's the poor group that has to face Gildarts!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen