CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2010-12-14, 07:12   Link #84
teapot420

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
So I think it's high time we discussed Ikkaku and Yumichika's relationship.

Given what we see of them in ep119 from before they joined the Gotei 13(especially the way Yumichika was dressed!) I think we need to question what exactly their relationship is.

Any thoughts? I mean, Yumichika goes just about everywhere with Ikkaku. And Yumichika seems perfectly content to sit behind Ikkaku (pun intended) in the ranks of 11th squad. We don't know if Yumichika has a bankai yet, but we do know that his shikai (Bloom, Fujikujaku) is insanely dangerous and probably much more powerful than Ikkaku's shikai (Grow, Houzukimaru). <--that's considering how quickly Yumichika pawned Hisagi, coupled with Hisagi's reaction (Bastard! Who knew there was a zanpakutou like that?!).

Come to think of it, if you analyze their shikais, it makes them even more questionable. Ikkaku has a long stick that grows. Yumichika has a beautiful flower that blooms. There's some Freudian psychology there, I'm sure of it!

i think that just about says it all. anyone still denying it is completely ignoring kubo's obvious intention.
Old 2010-12-14, 08:16   Link #85
ronin myael
lost ronin

but in japanese culture male bonding isn't all about beer-drinking, talking about sports and girls and acting all macho. they even joke about gay love like it's nothing. in japan, the word gay is very subjective. two people could fall in love whether they're of the same sex or not. just because you've fallen in love with someone who is the same gender as you doesn't mean you're gay. that's what they believe. why do you think yaoi manga/anime was created in the first place? it's to show that side of japan. besides, effeminate males are quite common there. japanese men pluck their eyebrows, wear make-up and even wear female clothing just for the heck of it. they're probably the vainest men you'd ever meet. but that doesn't make they're gay.

as for ikkaku and yumichika, they could just be friends. yumichika could be just an effeminate male and not necessarily gay. most men in japan are not muscle-bound, they're thin and almost fragile-looking. muscles aren't necessarily sexy for them, they prefer that wraith-like look. have you seen their male seiyuu (voice actors)? most of them look gay but they're really not. we just have a different concept of what is gay and what is not.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2010-12-14 at 23:19.
Old 2010-12-20, 18:04   Link #86
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Do you follow just one of your friends EVERYWHERE with him?
I've got a friend that arrives in Huntsville (where my school is) and when he gets in town we go everywhere together. Granted, I don't spend everyday with him, but I do spend every Monday and Thursday with him from the moment he enters town. Neither of us are homosexual. I don't think Ikkaku and Yumi are either, especially considering that Bleach does nothing with relationships.
Old 2010-12-29, 17:00   Link #87
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

I agree with those are saying that Ikkaku and Yumichika are good friends and are not gay. Like many people in soul society, they made to form families or friends order to survive both physically and mentally in that rough society; especially, during that time before Ikkaku and Yumichika met Zaraki. If KT makes it official that IKkaku and Yumichika are gay, Yumichika, at least, isn't like Orihime; NO!! NO!! IKKAKU-kun!! Help!! lol
Closed Thread