AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-09-03, 19:57   Link #1
NaweG
Just some guy

Wink My Lovely Ghost - The Series

Have just released the second episode in the series "My Lovely Ghost" based on the Manga "My Lovely Ghost Kana" (愛しのかな, Itoshi no Kana) by Yutaka Tanaka. In this week's episode, Amano and Kana begin working on making the apartment more of a home for both of them. This includes Amano learning about more of Kana's past, and figuring out just where the fuse box is. Enjoy this second episode of "My Lovely Ghost" by Ewan Grantham and the Robot Acting Company:
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 10:56   Link #2
NaweG
Just some guy

Kana Motion Graphic - Episode 3

This is the third episode in the series "My Lovely Ghost" based on the Manga "My Lovely Ghost Kana" (愛しのかな, Itoshi no Kana) by Yutaka Tanaka. Amano and Kana spend this week's episode learning more about love (physical and spiritual) as they spend a lazy summer afternoon together.

Kana Episode 3
Old 2008-09-17, 13:46   Link #3
NaweG
Just some guy

Talking My Lovely Ghost - Episode 4

Welcome to the fourth episode in the series "My Lovely Ghost" based on the Manga "My Lovely Ghost Kana" (愛しのかな, Itoshi no Kana) by Yutaka Tanaka. In this episode, Amano finds that there are good sides and bad sides to everything, including relationships.

Episode 4 - Dreams and Rain

Last edited by NaweG; 2008-09-17 at 13:46. Reason: Extra letter got copied in by mistake...
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:35   Link #4
NaweG
Just some guy

Wink Kana Motion Graphic - Episode 5 - Finale

Here's the final episode of the series "My Lovely Ghost" based on the Manga "My Lovely Ghost Kana" (愛しのかな, Itoshi no Kana) by Yutaka Tanaka. Amano and Kana reflect on how they've gotten to this point in their relationship, and then have to deal with a rough patch and figure out how to go on.

My Lovely Ghost - Episode 5 - Finale
Old 2008-09-24, 13:13   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I just skimed though it, since it's not really my type of manga.

Hm.
  • Well no offence but I think the digital voice is just wierd. It's also kind of definetly annoying.
  • It might have been better to just use subs or onscreen text (you could recycle frames and do that blocks of text appearing thing).
  • Instead of the reading software you could use some noisy background music.
  • For progression using some kind of effect to blend frames (fade with movement is nice).
  • Some scenes could have just been cut out (you could use zoom to buy time, hehe).

Well gratz on finishing it. Good effort.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:54   Link #6
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
  • Well no offence but I think the digital voice is just wierd. It's also kind of definetly annoying.
  • It might have been better to just use subs or onscreen text (you could recycle frames and do that blocks of text appearing thing).
  • Instead of the reading software you could use some noisy background music.
  • For progression using some kind of effect to blend frames (fade with movement is nice).
  • Some scenes could have just been cut out (you could use zoom to buy time, hehe).
Just as a FWIW more than anything:

1) Just tried that with the Mysterious Girlfriend X Test, and folks complained that if they wanted to read they'd just DL the manga. My other animations have used volunteer vocals, and I've had complaints there as well. Short of hiring professional actors, I'm not sure there is a good solution. Of course I've seen more than one series where folks complained about who did which voice, so perhaps even hiring pros isn't a good solution

2) Of course, that's a possibility too...

3) Tried a couple different ways of doing that, but almost all the online services convert your animation/video to flash. Which has a tendency to "muck up" the transition. It's obviously possible, but not easily so. I think it would be necessary if I did more of these to do my own Flash conversion and then find a service that would "leave it alone".

4) Well, as one of the Sayonara Mr. Despair episodes pointed out, you can't win when you adapt manga. Stray too far, you're messing it up. Stay too close, and you're being a slave to the original material. So I guess it's time for me to run down the street :-)

Thanks for watching anyway!