Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2008-08-21, 16:21   Link #104
Sunab0uzu

man the eating contest was to great
Sunab0uzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 20:19   Link #105
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I like how Ran and Midori complement each other. One a bit more introspective and the other pretty much an extrovert. They have good chemistry working together, and also teasing each other.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 21:04   Link #106
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 8

*Yawn*

It wasn't a bad episode. There's nothing obvious to complain about. It was just... boring.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 06:58   Link #107
Zeni

Just after watching ep 10, its really hard to tell whether Ran and Midori's relationship is turning into a romantic one or just a deep friendship. I'm leaning more towards the former, despite their obvious crushes on boys. Only because it just seems to be portrayed more that way in certain scenes.
Zeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 16:49   Link #108
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeni View Post
Just after watching ep 10, its really hard to tell whether Ran and Midori's relationship is turning into a romantic one or just a deep friendship. I'm leaning more towards the former, despite their obvious crushes on boys. Only because it just seems to be portrayed more that way in certain scenes.
Nah I think it's just close friendship...I wont portend to be knowledgeable on Japanese culture, but it's not the first time I saw a series extol the virtues of very close female friendship.

Just a side note...I'd enjoy this show a great deal more if Rin's character design didn't make him look like a middle aged man and more like the highschooler he's supposed to be...Every time I see him he looks more like his fathers brother then his son...

It's just kindof off putting to see Midori so crazy over him when they made him look that way...Creepy even honestly...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 20:30   Link #109
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Nah I think it's just close friendship...I wont portend to be knowledgeable on Japanese culture, but it's not the first time I saw a series extol the virtues of very close female friendship.

Just a side note...I'd enjoy this show a great deal more if Rin's character design didn't make him look like a middle aged man and more like the highschooler he's supposed to be...Every time I see him he looks more like his fathers brother then his son...

It's just kindof off putting to see Midori so crazy over him when they made him look that way...Creepy even honestly...
Yeah I just feel it as a really close friendship. After all it was this bond that saved Midori from going down a dark path. The only romantic developments I expect within that group should stay with Ran and Rui.

It really would help if Rin's character design was a bit different. He really does look more like his fathers brother than a son. Which of course just makes Midori's obsession with him feel really weird . Oh well you do get the chance to see Midori act rather out of character so Rin's not a bad guy.
Old 2008-09-04, 06:58   Link #110
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I don't mind Rin's character design in the least. In fact, I think it's a refreshing change. Everyone in anime is so skinny, except when they want to make an obviously overweight character. Rin isn't (too) overweight... he's got that sorta Rugby player build, ie, top heavy, big, square shoulders. It's not unheard of for high school boys to have that sort of build.

Ep 10

Now that was boring. I get that they were trying to make a point about how close Ran and Midori are now, but it was laboured. They spent most of the episode preparing to see fireworks, and then the episode ends with them seeing fireworks. Great, moving on...

A few redeeming moments. Lol'd at Midori singing in the music store. But this show really seems to have stalled. It's, what, three episodes in a row now that have been pretty yawn-worthy. What gives?
Old 2008-09-04, 13:49   Link #111
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
A thought on episode 10:

Spoiler:
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 19:34   Link #112
Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

I couldn't agree more! He looks like he is 30 and every time Midori makes googly eyes at him it kind of creeps me out a little...

Last edited by Mini; 2008-09-06 at 00:29.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:28   Link #113
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 11

I think it's clear that this show is better when they do these two-parter type stories and go off to remote corners of Japan to solve mysteries and stuff. Things are lot darker, more sinister, etc, etc... well about as dark and sinister as a kid's show can get. It's a lot more interesting than the really childish stuff we had in the previous few episodes. I know it's kinda crass of me to criticize a kid's show for being childish, but, well, I'm well within right to criticize it for being boring.
Old 2008-09-14, 00:49   Link #114
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 11

I think it's clear that this show is better when they do these two-parter type stories and go off to remote corners of Japan to solve mysteries and stuff. Things are lot darker, more sinister, etc, etc... well about as dark and sinister as a kid's show can get. It's a lot more interesting than the really childish stuff we had in the previous few episodes. I know it's kinda crass of me to criticize a kid's show for being childish, but, well, I'm well within right to criticize it for being boring.
How often do Japanese kids' shows get that dark? (I know it rarely ever happens in the US, and that when anime aimed at younger audiences is localized, it usually has a lot of the "mature" content taken out, or similar [for instance, I know that the english version of Digimon Adventures (the first season) raised the ages of the kids from ~10 to ~12 (well, excepting TK/Takeru and Hikari, I think)]).
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 18:55   Link #115
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep12:
Old 2008-09-21, 04:34   Link #116
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep12:
Personally I think this formula has been repeated by this show too often for it to have any impact anymore. It really looks to me as if this show is running out of legs.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:27   Link #117
rg4619

Quote:
I think this formula has been repeated by this show too often for it to have any impact anymore.
To me, each 2-3 part arc has been characterized by a decent setup, followed by an unbearably cheesy concluding episode. Anything else would come as a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
He looks like he is 30 and every time Midori makes googly eyes at him it kind of creeps me out a little...
With a 30-year-old, an actual relationship would be inappropriate. However, I don't think it's uncommon for a young teenager to have a crush on a significantly older person.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 00:56   Link #118
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
How come searches never found this thread? I looked all over for it and never found it.

This show has been surprisingly endearing, so I'm following it.

EDIT: Episode 10: Is this... love telepathy?! Rui! Ahhhnn~

Me. WTF. TMI. TM FRICKIN I!

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:34   Link #119
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

does any one no were to find the telepathy girl ran ost? i cnt seem to find it anywere T.T and i love the music on the show ^^
Exellon_Nanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:41   Link #120
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Ep 14 is out. Waiting for it to show up on c-roll before I watch, but yessss...

GO GET IT

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural