AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-23, 10:24   Link #11501
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Because there is no fan art of Itsuwa, Oriana, and Kanzaki in bunny suits.
My point is, Touma liking oneesan girls is no different from him liking bunny girls and maids, it's just a fetish, nothing more.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:27   Link #11502
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
My point is, Touma liking oneesan girls is no different from him liking bunny girls and maids, it's just a fetish, nothing more.
True is true but a bunny suit oneesan is something ( If I were him) to look forward to.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:33   Link #11503
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Kaori in a bunny suit.

FUND IT.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:37   Link #11504
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Kaori in a bunny suit.

FUND IT.
Care to share?

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-06-23 at 10:39. Reason: pointless points are pointless
Old 2011-06-23, 10:38   Link #11505
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Also, did I push a button?
Wasn't it me who pushed something to have started this whole discussion?

Anyway, aside from my ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ for Mikoto that probably rivals that of Kuroko's, I just find them to be the most "normal" couple. If we run down the major "harem" members.....

1. Index: The increasingly marginalized original heroine (seriously Kamachi, I know that writing about the Esper side is much easier for you, but at least give the original heroine some prime time) who is likely to be the constant target of the Magic World, meaning Touma will be a bodyguard.

2. Kanzaki: The one that meets Touma's preferences, but her status as a Saint and important figure in the magic world would mean Touma's going to have constatn headaches.

3. Itsuwa: Unless she starts the drive, it's going to take a long time for anything to come out of this.

4. Classmates: Not going to even discuss. Poor Aisa

5. Lessar: Lectured to death

6. The Nuns: Religious problems. Need I say more?

As for Mikoto, I feel that their age combines well with how they can relate to one another. We have all those tsundere moments which would probably be impossible for the other "harem" members, and also their meetings are "normal" in the sense that it would be what would happen if there was no Magic or Esper World to worry about. Plus, their families know each other Finally, the "duels" that Mikoto had forced on Touma in the past would be another cement.

But then, I'll be satisfied with whatever Kamachi decides in the end, as long as Mikoto has a happy ending with or without Touma.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:50   Link #11506
miketyson

It's weird to imagine the Index stories without Index and Touma spending tons of time together / unintentionally trolling each other. So weird I feel compelled to comment about it.

My bet is that if Index does storm out it'll either be a huge change in tone in the stories or it'll last about as long as the world lasted without Kamijou Touma.

I'm not really a shipper but I've always been assuming that if there's a romantic end it'll be Index and Touma; that just seems to be the way the characters were conceived and have been written, and there's a standard-but-painfully-slow relationship arc of "very close friends, one or both gets increasingly frustrated with the other, they eventually split up, only to reconcile with each other a little later" (which is right about where we should be by now).

That said, even if that's Kamachi's plan I'm sure he'll drag it out *forever* just b/c the Mikoto-Touma-Imouto-Index-Itsuwa-etc. interactions are all so entertaining. It's also hard to do without shaking up the setting a lot: Index + Touma's cohabitation is lighthearted and funny as long as they're platonic friends, but it would take on a completely different tone if they were actually some kind of item...so much so that it might not get resolved until an epilogue in the final volume (released in ~2040, maybe?).
Old 2011-06-23, 10:52   Link #11507
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

But then, I'll be satisfied with whatever Kamachi decides in the end, as long as Mikoto has a happy ending with or without Touma.
This.

Shippers seek the perfect ending, as would say Sugisaki, the ending without any sadness.
An high level shipper like me even want Stiyl to have to good ending.

Don't fear us we aren't evil, well just a bit sometimes.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:54   Link #11508
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Isn't Kanzaki being a part of the harem a fan dream?

Also, contradicting what I have said before, I think I'll feel a bit of rage if Touma ends with Index.

Quote:
also their meetings are "normal"
NT2
Railguns, Railguns everywhere!
Old 2011-06-23, 10:57   Link #11509
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Isn't Kanzaki being a part of the harem a fan dream?
She did a private cosplay in a sexy maid outfit for him. She's a part of the harem.

Old 2011-06-23, 10:58   Link #11510
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
She did a private cosplay in a sexy maid outfit for him. She's a part of the harem.
She did a return favor. She wasn't proud of what she did as seen in V.17.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:06   Link #11511
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Because of Touma, we have Endless 8.

Up next, volumes 2 and 3, within 3 weeks.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:06   Link #11512
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Please, return favour?

If it were someone else, I might believe it, but Kanzaki isn't the sort of person who would do something like that for a return favour.

She probably wanted to do it when Tsuchimikado mentioned it, but was too embarrassed. That why Tsuchimikado, being the crafty fellow he is, fires up her competitive side by saying Itsuwa is more feminine than her, then gave her a justification she could use to lie to herself so she could do it.

Also, it wasn't that she wasn't proud of it, she was embarrassed because everyone kept bringing it up. If she really were the type of woman who would cosplay for a guy just to thank him, she wouldn't be embarrassed after the fact.

Old 2011-06-23, 11:06   Link #11513
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Mikoto is never proud of what she did to him before yet she has to returns him various favors.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:15   Link #11514
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Because of Touma, we have Endless 8.

Up next, volumes 2 and 3, within 3 weeks.
Cool... since you're around, let me say this: Thank you.

Because of translators like you that us who can't read Japanese can be here joyfully gnarling at each other over these novels we so enjoy.

Quote:
Also, contradicting what I have said before, I think I'll feel a bit of rage if Touma ends with Index.
I can definitely agree with that, at least the way Index is at the moment... she's so immature and self-centered (not to mention the oral fixation.) She's the one character from the "harem" that I don't like. Touma would have to be a masochist to be satisfied with that... and even then, he deserves a better treatment.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:15   Link #11515
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Mikoto is never proud of what she did to him before yet she has to returns him various favors.
She is a confirmed harem member. There is a difference. Though it doesn't seem like she'll give him many favors.

Quote:
Please, return favour?

If it were someone else, I might believe it, but Kanzaki isn't the sort of person who would do something like that for a return favour.

She probably wanted to do it when Tsuchimikado mentioned it, but was too embarrassed. That why Tsuchimikado, being the crafty fellow he is, fires up her competitive side by saying Itsuwa is more feminine than her, then gave her a justification she could use to lie to herself so she could do it.

Also, it wasn't that she wasn't proud of it, she was embarrassed because everyone kept bringing it up. If she really were the type of woman who would cosplay for a guy just to thank him, she wouldn't be embarrassed after the fact.
She has not liked the idea of perverted ways to return favors. You need more proof than a maid cosplay once to say that she likes him. It could happen but so far nothing indicates that she likes him.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:21   Link #11516
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

She has not liked the idea of perverted ways to return favors. You need more proof than a maid cosplay once to say that she likes him. It could happen but so far nothing indicates that she likes him.
She's embarrassed by it, yes, but the fact that she did it at all speaks volumes to me.

Old 2011-06-23, 11:22   Link #11517
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
She's embarrassed by it, yes, but the fact that she did it at all speaks volumes to me.
You can think she is a part of the harem but there isn't something solid that says she is.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:26   Link #11518
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

By that logic, no one's in his harem, then.

Old 2011-06-23, 11:26   Link #11519
ellifeedn
Thinker

What are the criteria for a person to be part of a harem?
Old 2011-06-23, 11:28   Link #11520
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
By that logic, no one's in his harem, then.
Mikoto-V.16 shows she loves him
Index-Says it in volume 1 (though for me teens saying I love you is so common these days)
Itsuwa- I don't have to explain here.
Clones- Wanna marry him
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen