Gears of War 3

Who's the blonde?
Old 2010-04-13, 07:07   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

Who's the blonde?
hopefuly not eye candy, and they shoulda made her more buff from what i can tell. unless they actually make her faster and more agile but take more damage, that would make me happy.
Old 2010-04-13, 07:50   Link #3
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I believe that's Anya, actually. She's the only blonde I recall from the first two games. Makes sense she's fighting now too since the COG's gotta be on the ropes after Jacinto.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 18:05   Link #4
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
I believe that's Anya, actually. She's the only blonde I recall from the first two games. Makes sense she's fighting now too since the COG's gotta be on the ropes after Jacinto.
Also explains why they're using Pendulum War era Lancers (note the Bayonets). The loony toons shotgun is silly though.

Though I'm generally, I'm not all that interested in getting this unless they massively improve the netcoding from over the previous games.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 19:42   Link #5
Xion Valkyrie

4 player co-op is reason enough to get excited I think. Too many games don't have that nowadays =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 11:23   Link #6
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm standing by my prediction for the Gears 3 story. Given that the Lambent are now a full third side to the fighting - one that both the Locust and Humanity have to deal with - I predict Delta will be getting a Locust member in their ranks as part of a joint mission between both sides in order to wipe out the Lambent once and for all. If I'm right about that, Dom's gonna be none too happy about it.
Old 2010-04-15, 12:47   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

But still theres trouble for the COG with others human factions against them particular Stranded Militias or human nations that never joined the COG.

So techincally it's a 4 way war between the COG, the anti COG nations/Stranded militias, the Locusts and the Lambent.
Old 2010-04-15, 13:45   Link #8
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
According to Jacintos remants didn't these stranded and nations who didn't join COG end up linking up with them anyways?

When the war started, they literally burned and destroyed everything with the Hammer of Dawn. I can't imagine any other nation would still be standing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 15:22   Link #9
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
According to Jacintos remants didn't these stranded and nations who didn't join COG end up linking up with them anyways?

When the war started, they literally burned and destroyed everything with the Hammer of Dawn. I can't imagine any other nation would still be standing.
Reading the summary of Jacinto remnant, there are some small organized non COG human groups. But they greatly lag behind the COG in their total manpower and equipment they have available to them.
Old 2010-04-15, 18:07   Link #10
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Spoiler:

Regardless though by the summary they are more or less insignificant to either side.
Old 2010-04-15, 21:37   Link #11
Kaze Shachou
So Pringles

I'm buying this because of Dom's beard. Its the best.
Kaze Shachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 10:05   Link #12
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Yeah, any anti-COG militia is going to be small potatoes compared to the threat the Lambent pose. If the Lambent have been making the Locust run for their lives the whole time (thus being the real reason for the Locust/Human war to begin with), and given that humanity's had enough trouble dealing with the Locust as it is, then the Lambent are priority one; not a bunch of anti-COG hicks doing the equivalent of shooting at them with peashooters and slingshots.
Old 2010-04-16, 10:27   Link #13
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Woohoo exploding Locust, I hope there is more variety to the guns this time round since GoW2 multiplayer just became torque, boomshot and shotgun.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 10:43   Link #14
Zekori

Well, GoW2 was a bit more than that compared to GoW1 but not a whole lot but I for one don't expect every game sequel to be revolutionary since status quo isn't that bad. Also personally GoW2 felt more story driven than anything which was pretty good for a FPS game.

Anyways whoo GoW3, I like what I've seen in the trailer to warrant getting me interested.

Though, that trailer did give vibes of Dom getting killed off somehow with that kind of character expression (to be expected with GoW2 and all). Let's hope that doesn't happen, if it does it better be some damn awesome heroic sacrifice
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:14   Link #15
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Still 2011 seems too far away considering their last game came out in 2008

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 14:20   Link #16
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Yeah, any anti-COG militia is going to be small potatoes compared to the threat the Lambent pose. If the Lambent have been making the Locust run for their lives the whole time (thus being the real reason for the Locust/Human war to begin with), and given that humanity's had enough trouble dealing with the Locust as it is, then the Lambent are priority one; not a bunch of anti-COG hicks doing the equivalent of shooting at them with peashooters and slingshots.
In most cases usually when there's a major common enemy the two other sides would join together to fight.

Though the Locust aren't exactly keen on peaceful resolutions or diplomacy.

I find it weird though.

They are losing the war against their own mutant kind yet have the numbers and resources to continue fighting the humans to the brink of annihilation. Despite being blown to pieces and flooded, they still have the numbers to give COG a run for their lives.

In Gears of War 2 I found it even weird that they put so much effort and resources to capturing and torturing captives. I mean you'd figured they'd doubled their efforts to combating the lambent that probably aren't wasting their time torturing their victims for fun.

It's not like the Humans started the war in the first place.
Old 2010-04-16, 15:45   Link #17
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Well...maybe. It still begs the question of what Myrahh was talking about at the beginning of GoW2 when she explicitly says humanity brought the war upon themselves.

As for the Locust not being diplomatic, given they've now lost massive numbers to both the Lightmass bombing and the sinking of Jacinto even they have to realize if they intend to survive to contend with humanity further the Lambent have to be dealt with. They haven't exactly been successful doing it on their own, with their soldiers either just dying to the Lambent forces or ending up joining them through infection.

Makes me wonder what the project at New Hope was really trying to accomplish and who was behind it. Possible human-Locust hybrids who could perhaps fight the Lambent without fear of becoming Lambent themselves? You don't see Lambent humans after all...
Old 2010-04-16, 16:28   Link #18
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Woohoo exploding Locust, I hope there is more variety to the guns this time round since GoW2 multiplayer just became torque, boomshot and shotgun.
I somehow think the Lambent are going to be expanded upon as being more than just explodey guys.

Quote:
The Locust queen seems to think they did. And the New Hope facility (and the fact that data retrieved from there pointed you to the Hollow) suggest that they're not quite uninvolved bystanders, at least on the secret government conspiracy level.

It seems like there is going to be quite a bit of exposition about Locust/Lambent origins and how Humanity/COG relates to them.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:35   Link #19
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I somehow think the Lambent are going to be expanded upon as being more than just explodey guys.
What are you talking that? All they do is go boom.

Quote:
The Locust queen seems to think they did. And the New Hope facility (and the fact that data retrieved from there pointed you to the Hollow) suggest that they're not quite uninvolved bystanders, at least on the secret government conspiracy level.
Going over these summaries to refresh my mind.

The Locust was in a civil war long before they attacked the humans.

The queen from one of her quotes thought about diplomacy with the humans to gain some sort of assistance to fight the lambent but decided to just attack them anyways. Kill the humans, flood jacinto, kill the lambent, and then rebuild society on the surface.

Quote:
It seems like there is going to be quite a bit of exposition about Locust/Lambent origins and how Humanity/COG relates to them.
Who knows? Like you said the New Hope Facility probably was what pissed off the Locust and convinced them that diplomacy was not an option.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:26   Link #20
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Who's the blonde?
Anya, acording to the story, the war has come to a point in wich anyone able to hand a gun must fight.

Also, aparently Dom looks older because he has lost interest in living.

Like the new double canon shotgun Fenix was weilding. O3O