AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-05, 04:49   Link #401
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Hmm I could have sworn I saw Tamiya up there for Riki, as I did a double take when I saw the same name twice, but then remembered doing the same thing when I noticed the same VA for Riki and Rin when looking at the original VA cast. Riki's voice is distinctive and well established in my head, probably from playing the baseball mini game so much. I hope they keep Tomoe as Riki's VA.

I was a little concerned that they would change the VAs. I'm glad they didn't (Riki pending.). I think this is the first time I'll hear eroge VAs in an anime. Apparently you can tell whether a VN is all ages or not depending on the VA cast of the heroines (Whether they do ero scenes or not). And there is a perceived stigma with doing ero scenes, hence all the fake pen names in the credits. Also I hear it's in some VA's contracts that they aren't able to do ero scenes.

I think this will be the first time for many of the heroine VAs to be working on an anime (I'm actually quite fond of them and wouldn't mind hearing them more in other anime! Maybe this will be a good chance for a lot of them to make it big time. Probably just wishful thinking.). I think it's great for the fans of the VN that they kept the original cast and didn't hire mainstream anime voice actresses. I'm very happy with this decision .
It does not happen often that an anime adaption of a VN/eroge has it's seiyuus changed. So i was not suprised that they kept the original cast.
The only few that i can think of without looking up are Da capo 1 and 2, akaneiro ni somaru saka (which uses the seiyuu from the all ages version of the ps2 game) and otome wa boku ni koishiteru 1 and 2.

Also there is a small topic in the general section about eroge seiyuu and the regular anime industry.
Old 2012-04-05, 06:08   Link #402
Fabrice
Padawan

Good they kept the Cast, Now for Kyoani.
Old 2012-04-05, 14:34   Link #403
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It does not happen often that an anime adaption of a VN/eroge has it's seiyuus changed. So i was not suprised that they kept the original cast.

The only few that i can think of without looking up are Da capo 1 and 2, akaneiro ni somaru saka (which uses the seiyuu from the all ages version of the ps2 game) and otome wa boku ni koishiteru 1 and 2.
Well I was just talking about eroge, as these Voice Actresses are eroge seiyuu voicing an eroge. If the VAs were like past Key turned Anime Adaptations, where the "Original" VAs only came in during the all ages version, after the unvoiced ero version, I.E. Seiyuu who actually didn't do ero scenes, I wouldn't be concerned. But in this case, the original LB cast concerned me because of aforementioned reason.

I'm no meister of eroge, but besides the anime that you mentioned, the only other voiced eroge I can think of are Shuffle, Nanaitsuro Drops, and One(Key's predecessor). These are probably some of the most well known eroge with VAs for the original that turned anime, and none of these kept their seiyuus from the eroges for the anime (Including the ones you mentioned). So upon further research it really looks like LB fans dodged a bullet here. I also recall, White Album, To Heart, Tayutama as eroge turned anime and they all have non eroge VA's for their anime(Didn't play them so I don't know about the original Eroge Seiyuu or if they even had them at all.). It just looks like eroge seiyuu are not allowed to do anime in general.

Well I was only concerned with this subject as far as LB was involved. I see now that I had a good cause to be so concerned. Could Little Busters be the first all-ages anime that uses eroge seiyuu?
Old 2012-04-05, 14:48   Link #404
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Well I was just talking about eroge, as these Voice Actresses are eroge seiyuu voicing an eroge. If the VAs were like past Key turned Anime Adaptations, where the "Original" VAs only came in during the all ages version, after the unvoiced ero version, I.E. Seiyuu who actually didn't do ero scenes, I wouldn't be concerned. But in this case, the original LB cast concerned me because of aforementioned reason.
What work of Key do you mean? The original Kanon and Air were not voiced and Clannad was never an eroge to begin with.
The later ports of Kanon and Air were voiced, but those were no longer eroge but regular VN without ero content.

Quote:
To Heart, Tayutama as eroge turned anime and they all have non eroge VA's for their anime(Didn't play them so I don't know about the original Eroge Seiyuu or if they even had them at all.). It just looks like eroge seiyuu are not allowed to do anime in general.
Those examples that you mentioned with To Heart and Tayutuma are incorrect. Like Kanon and Air, the orignal To heart had no voices, it gained voice acting on the playstation port.
And the tayutama anime had the orignal eroge seiyuu's in it.

Quote:
Well I was only concerned with this subject as far as LB was involved. I see now that I had a good cause to be so concerned. Could Little Busters be the first all-ages anime that uses eroge seiyuu?
Almost all of the eroge adaptions uses the orginal seiyuus, Little buster is not even close of being the first one.
Even all of last year's Eroge adaptions had their their original seiyuus in it:
maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
mashiro iro Symphony
oretachi ni tsubasa wa nai
hoshizora e kakaru hashi
Toheart 2 (if you count those OAV's )
Old 2012-04-05, 14:53   Link #405
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Almost all of the eroge adaptions uses the orginal seiyuus, Little buster is not even close of being the first one.
Besides this theory, many eroge adaptations, especially during the 2005-2007 period, have their voice actors that are different of the original counterpart. Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka, Princess Lover! and Blessing of Campanella (all from 2008-2010 period) are ones of them.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-05, 14:55   Link #406
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Besides this theory, many eroge adaptations, especially during the 2005-2007 period, have their voice actors that are different of the original counterpart. Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka, Princess Lover! and Blessing of Campanella (all from 2008-2010 period) are ones of them.
As i have stated before Akasaka uses the seiyuu from the Ps2 port which is an all ages version.
I won't deny princess lover (never played it, but i am sure most of these seiyuu's from the anime don't do voices for eroge ), but shukufuku no campanella has the same seiyuu's from the eroge in it .
Old 2012-04-05, 15:06   Link #407
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
As i have stated before Akasaka uses the seiyuu from the Ps2 port which is an all ages version.
I won't deny princess lover (never played it, but i am sure most of these seiyuu's from the anime don't do voices for eroge ), but shukufuku no campanella has the same seiyuu's from the eroge in it .
You need to re-read my post.

I looked up some of the anime you mentioned (Edit: Actually all of them.), and they do exactly what I'm talking about, changed the VA for the anime.

E.G.:

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! : Momoyo Kawakami (川神 百代 Kawakami Momoyo?)
Voiced by: Kamiyo Misaki (visual novel), Yuu Asakawa (drama CD, anime)

Difference being the VN seiyuu being very different from the Drama CD and Anime seiyuu.
Old 2012-04-05, 15:07   Link #408
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
but shukufuku no campanella has the same seiyuu's from the eroge in it .
Most of the cast (if not all) is the same as the original version, but some of them didn't, like Carina.

As for Majikoi!, they haven't changed the cast, they kept the cast, but they use their real names in the anime version. Misaki Kamiyo is actually Asakawa's pseudonym.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-05, 15:08   Link #409
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
You need to re-read my post.

I looked up some of the anime you mentioned, and they do exactly what I'm talking about, changed the VA for the anime.

E.G.:

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! : Momoyo Kawakami (川神 百代 Kawakami Momoyo?)
Voiced by: Kamiyo Misaki (visual novel), Yuu Asakawa (drama CD, anime)
Kamiyo Misaki is a pseudonym
If you have played it, then you can hear that they sound the same.
Old 2012-04-05, 15:09   Link #410
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Although I haven't played the game, I heard that a lot in her YouTube's clips, and I immediately recognized her voice.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-05, 15:18   Link #411
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Interesting, Sakaki from AzuDa doing an ero scene?
Old 2012-04-05, 15:23   Link #412
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Interesting, Sakaki from AzuDa doing an ero scene?
Well she is not the only one who used to have somewhat known roles in regular anime before doing roles for eroge.
Well let's not stray to much from little busters
There is already an eroge seiyuu thread somewhere in this forum.
Old 2012-04-05, 15:27   Link #413
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Well she is not the only one who used to have somewhat known roles before doing roles for eroge.
Well let's not backtrack to much from little busters
There is already an eroge seiyuu thread somewhere in this forum.
I see, that's funny in a strange way! I believe http://gph.sakura.ne.jp/va_memo/system/vadb.cgi when searching 悠浅川

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-04-05 at 20:27. Reason: Looks like they changed the names to be their real names
Old 2012-04-05, 15:35   Link #414
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I agree that this has veered a bit too far off-topic. The fact is that, nowadays, the larger companies often plan ahead when casting the games if they think an anime adaptation is a good possibility (as I'm sure was the case with Key and this franchise). Recasting is the exception and not the rule, so it's no surprise that the cast stayed the same in this case. (And by the way, Carina from Campanella was also the same, FWIW. That's absolutely sure.)

Anyway, that aside, I just want to rewind a bit to the point that started the whole thread. Earlier today, the cover for the Dengeki Visual Art's magazine was revealed (scroll down a bit to see it), and I think we see now how that original radio ad accident happened. The magazine cover has in big bold letters "Little Busters TV Anime decided!", and the radio ad was basically just reading all the features that were advertised on the cover. Obviously, with print lead times being what they are, they already had the cover designed, but whoever was in charge of making the radio ad didn't get the memo that the anime bit was a scoop.

Anyway, the issue will be released next Tuesday, so I imagine many questions will be answered early next week.

(Incidentally, the magazine cover says that they'll have an exclusive interview with a "Key Person". I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a pun because we're talking about the company "Key", or if they mean -- for example -- an interview with the anime director, writer, or producer.)
Old 2012-04-05, 16:11   Link #415
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I agree that this has veered a bit too far off-topic. The fact is that, nowadays, the larger companies often plan ahead when casting the games if they think an anime adaptation is a good possibility (as I'm sure was the case with Key and this franchise). Recasting is the exception and not the rule, so it's no surprise that the cast stayed the same in this case.
Sorry for getting off topic . Damn pseudonyms. I only watched an episode or less of each of these animes you guys are mentioning and I won't even say how much I played of the original eroge of these titles (none). Could have fooled me with those pen names. I guess unless you're a fan of both materials you normally wouldn't notice and even then that person's probably not the type that would hold prejudice against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Anyway, that aside, I just want to rewind a bit to the point that started the whole thread. Earlier today, the cover for the Dengeki Visual Art's magazine was revealed (scroll down a bit to see it),
Man I think I've become allergic to ecchi Kud pictures.
Old 2012-04-05, 17:17   Link #416
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Man I think I've become allergic to ecchi Kud pictures.
Moe is moe is moe.

On to my tinfoil: is there a chance they'd be integrating Sasasasasegawa and Kanata's routes? I'd watch the episode just to see the former's "powers" and the funny scenes that followed if that were the case.
Old 2012-04-05, 17:43   Link #417
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Moe is moe is moe.

On to my tinfoil: is there a chance they'd be integrating Sasasasasegawa and Kanata's routes? I'd watch the episode just to see the former's "powers" and the funny scenes that followed if that were the case.
Of course there's a chance.

My current tinfoil is that they'll not cover it until the 'second season', like they handled CLANNAD. Not sure how the split would work best as far as routes are concerned, but I'm looking forward to seeing them try.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:10   Link #418
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Of course there's a chance.

My current tinfoil is that they'll not cover it until the 'second season', like they handled CLANNAD. Not sure how the split would work best as far as routes are concerned, but I'm looking forward to seeing them try.
IMHO a split between season 1 and 2 would work best with Rin 1 to end season 1 to Rin 2 in season 2 simply due to how the in-game "mechanic" decided to end Rin 1. Obviously, anything more would be too spoiler-ish to keep in this thread, so I'll stop at this point .

The idea of Katana's route in the anime has a certain appeal to me as well so maybe as a later OVA in case that the regular ep. amount wouldn't be enough.
Anyway, gimme Kud! Not because she's loli, but as a romance-fanboy
Old 2012-04-07, 01:36   Link #419
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The news seems to be coming out; seeking the official source...

NOTE: At this point this should only be considered a rumour until proof is provided.
This is now confirmed.

Producer: Kawase Kohei
Director: Yamakawa Yoshiki
Series Composition: Shimada Michiru
Character Design: Iizuka Haruko
Animation Production: J.C.Staff

I imagine some people will fear the worst, but I do think everyone is extremely aware of the high expectations, so I think people should wait and see.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-07 at 04:25. Reason: added links for staff/companies, it's now confirmed.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:41   Link #420
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well with Shana and Zero no Tsukaima finished..J.C. Staff does have "time".

Doomed?

Well, they sometimes can do wonders....but othertimes......

Tags
anime game, little busters