Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-23, 22:42   Link #1421
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So...I can't play Makoto with someone who haven't downloaded it yet ?
Quote:
There will be an automatic patch when the DLC launches which will allow you to play against her, but not as her.
Not quite. You will be able to play against her.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 23:21   Link #1422
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
dumb. dlc characters are stupid. i'd rather wait a bit more and have them include it in the game. it also seems she has another meter of her own. i'm not a fan of that stuff.
I don't even know where should I start with this.
You're not waiting for a bit more, because there isn't only one character that will be included. I don't know what with the dlc hate. People keep thinking it's the way developer extort our money, but refuse to think it's the way to keep the game developed.
And you hate character's specific meter? Why are you even play BB in the first play, honestly?

As I said. If you don't like it, just don't pay for it. They shouldn't be included in the first place, and they give us as extra, so if you fine with the current roster, what's the problem?
Old 2010-06-23, 23:37   Link #1423
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So...I can't play Makoto with someone who haven't downloaded it yet ?
They're gonna have a patch when she and other DLC characters come out to allow them to be vsed with people who didn't buy them.

Give this a look, since it answers all your questions

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685
Old 2010-06-24, 00:11   Link #1424
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ah, I didn't read that ;( Thanks for telling me

I guess as long as it won't be a problem for the netplay (in case that when my opponent try to pick Makoto to fight me but can't), I'm okay with it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 00:44   Link #1425
Xion Valkyrie

So many delicious new characters XD

They need to import Bayonetta's one hand mode =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 03:55   Link #1426
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hmm what are you guys doing in regards to JPN version vs US? I like hardly played the story mode in Blazblue (If I'm not online fighting someone else I'm training) and I used JPN voices anyway... Are the menu's going to be English at least? Might just cop the JPN version so I can get that month head start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You don't have to pay if you don't want it.
C'mon, we're getting the whole new character, not just some costume or the like, and people still complain? =/
Paying for DLC already on the disc is terrible period. I really have no problem with DLC that adds content to the game after it was made because that's what DLC is suppose to be. But these days you have companies getting away with bullshit like charging for costumes already on the disc to get unlocked like with Street Fighter and now this.

Adding DLC fighters to this is just as much bullshit, if the future rebalance patch came with 4 new characters as well as some new stages/music and of course the re balance I'll gladly pay $20 for that, that's what I expect towards the end of the year for Super Street Fighter IV. (Arcade version to have new characters + be rebalanced, October release) But to have 3-4 new characters already on disc and paying a fee to unlock them? Fuck that. Mu-12 was just a freebie.

Oh sure I'll be buying these DLC characters but that doesn't change the fact this practice is complete bullshit. You're going to have people say "but but but they need the money for these characters!" even though it's already on the disc. You have some people pander to these companies like they can't do no wrong. You had an amazing amount of people saying about the Costume DLC for SFIV "Oh capcom only charged for costumes because people had to play SFIV in the arcades hundreds of times to unlock them and it's not fair to them!" Of course Capcom than did the exact same thing with Super SFIV which has no arcade release. Oh well no worries, they can find another excuse for these companies to rape our wallets.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-06-24 at 04:13.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 04:12   Link #1427
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Paying for DLC already on the disc is terrible period. I really have no problem with DLC that adds content to the game after it was made because that's what DLC is suppose to be. But these days you have companies getting away with bullshit like charging for costumes already on the disc to get unlocked like with Street Fighter and now this.
I think people should just get their fact straight. They already said you are not paying for what's already on the disc.

Quote:
Q: Will there be DLC characters?
A: Yes, indeedy! Makoto was just recently announced in this week’s Famitsu. Watch this space for updates to when she’ll be released and for future DLC characters. For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.
And we get it one month after the release date of the game. EU people will get the DLC in October.
You may say that they are just lying to us. If that's what you believe then I guess our argument ends here.
Old 2010-06-24, 04:15   Link #1428
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

According to the FAQ, Makoto isn't on the CS disc. The game will have to be patched to even allow people who don't buy the DLC so she can even be played against online.

So people need to quite complaining about additional content, especially when it is actual additional content in this case.
Old 2010-06-24, 04:16   Link #1429
Westlo
Lets be reality

Considering it takes months to make a single character she could've been on the disc if they wanted her to be. She could make the US version actually considering that's getting additional voice work as well as changed text and is coming out a month later, in the timeframe Makoto DLC is out.
Old 2010-06-24, 04:22   Link #1430
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

So in other words you just want them to hand you free stuff when we are already receiving a complete game with 3 new characters.

And we aren't even certain that Makoto's character is done being tested yet, she was just announced recently, and I believe the DLC release date is quite a bit further down the line (October?).
Old 2010-06-24, 04:29   Link #1431
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Considering it takes months to make a single character she could've been on the disc if they wanted her to be. She could make the US version actually considering that's getting additional voice work as well as changed text and is coming out a month later, in the timeframe Makoto DLC is out.
Waiting for an additional month, charging you for $45+
or
Releasing early with $40 price, then charging you for additional (optional) $5+

Are you telling me you prefer the first option?

BBCS is the complete port of the arcade game, period. What we're getting is the extra. We're already getting a free extra, a.k.a Mu-12. Now you want more?

Quote:
And we aren't even certain that Makoto's character is done being tested yet, she was just announced recently, and I believe the DLC release date is quite a bit further down the line (October?).
August for Japanese version, and October for EU. I haven't heard anything about U.S one, though, but my guess is they will be the same date as Japanese one.
Old 2010-06-24, 04:30   Link #1432
Westlo
Lets be reality

Omg I feel like I'm arguing with lemmings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
So in other words you just want them to hand you free stuff when we are already receiving a complete game with 3 new characters
WTF is this bullshit? "when we are already receiving a complete game with 3 new characters" WTF? What do you think you're paying for in the first place? You know you'll never see a game with as many unlockable extras as Bayonetta again because most gamers will happily bend over and pay for what should be unlocks in the first place.

Quote:
BBCS is the complete port of the arcade game, period. What we're getting is the extra. We're already getting a free extra, a.k.a Mu-12. Now you want more?
Don't act like the entire arcade game being leaked to PC for months now isn't a factor in Mu-12 being a freebie. And please don't think that one extra character is generous when it comes to arcade to console ports. Street Fighter IV added 8 characters, Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3 added about the same amount. King Of Fighters XII added 2 characters, King of Fighters XI added 7 characters, do I really need to continue? None of these had pirated arcade perfect versions out months before console release as well.
Old 2010-06-24, 04:37   Link #1433
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I bet that if they didn't announce the DLC, or just scrap that idea together, and release her in the next version, no one would even complain about it.
Old 2010-06-24, 05:24   Link #1434
Tokkan

Quote:
Don't act like the entire arcade game being leaked to PC for months now isn't a factor in Mu-12 being a freebie.
Mu was planned to be in CS from the beginning, even before the leak. There's blank dummy data for her in the arcade version as well as announcer recordings that say "Mu" and "Mu Twelve". She was just scrapped earlier on as they were in development of the arcade version. Hell, according to Mori's comments on Dengeki Online's "Burutama" series of BlazBlue articles, Tsubaki and Hazama were in fact originally going to be in CT but were scrapped because they thought that the fighting styles that they had drafted up for them were too boring (Hazama) or too similar to Jin's (Tsubaki).
Old 2010-06-24, 05:36   Link #1435
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Mu was planned to be in CS from the beginning, even before the leak.
I mean in regards to being an extra character as opposed to being the first DLC character.

Quote:
I bet that if they didn't announce the DLC, or just scrap that idea together, and release her in the next version, no one would even complain about it.
Yes, instead they'll complain about another revision like people currently are for Blazblue CS and Super SFIV. The vast majority of people think CS and Super should be DLC period. Sega didn't release Virtua Fighter 5R, Capcom wouldn't dare release another revision of SFIV at retail and going by the DLC characters I'm guessing it's the same with Arc Systems and Blazblue. It's no coincidence both games are going to be the first fighting games to have major rebalance patches.

It's the way of the future and I expect MvC3, MK9 etc to follow suit. Unless it's a full blown sequel with obvious changes (and to the general consumer Super and CS does not fit that) it's going to be DLC patches from now on.
Old 2010-06-24, 05:48   Link #1436
Tokkan

You know, another factor to consider is that Makoto may not have been finished by the time the game went gold (which would've been over a month ago at the least) because they were busy with Mu and that's why she was made DLC. Or they could've only recently decided to include her but didn't have enough time before they had to enter the RTM stage in order to get the game out on time, so they added the infrastructure for DLC characters instead.

Also, Westlo, JPN version costs a good $30US more than US version. Headstart may be nice, but you could just wait and save some money for other things.
Old 2010-06-24, 06:07   Link #1437
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Also, Westlo, JPN version costs a good $30US more than US version. Headstart may be nice, but you could just wait and save some money for other things.
Yeah I was thinking of that, but money isn't really an issue.. I'm more worried about DLC region lock. Be a real PITA to buy dlc through JPN. What's the deal with US region? Just buy a PSN card or whatever? One things for sure I'm not waiting for the EU release... what are you going to do?
Old 2010-06-24, 06:18   Link #1438
Tokkan

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking of that, but money isn't really an issue.. I'm more worried about DLC region lock. Be a real PITA to buy dlc through JPN. What's the deal with US region? Just buy a PSN card or whatever? One things for sure I'm not waiting for the EU release... what are you going to do?
Importing US version.

Though with the EU version, at least it's coming out sooner than the CT EU version.
Old 2010-06-24, 08:16   Link #1439
Nayim

Not just Makoto, even famitsu show up another new character for dlc patch:

So, can anyone guess "who is he/she" anyway,.....maybe Carl's father?

And about DLC, i don't know why everyone complain how bad dlc is?
Do you to know why they put DLC, it's simple answer: IT'S BLUE-RAY's COST. Trust me, two new character appear in disc-content is not satisfied including Lamba, IMO. DLC is the only way to prevent buy with higher cost if you want fully content in blue-ray at the same time. Just like SSFIV, someone had love fetish alternate costume like Chun - Li, Cammy and etc, but for me, i don't like it, why? Just costume & nothing new about it and waste money (Still i like Dudley's new costume). Blazblue is new to me because this is first fighthing game will released new character as download content, unlike SSFIV, they released in blue ray instead & just 40$ dollar, with ten new character & soundtrack, that's worth it.

If anyone don't like DLC in Blazblue CS, then why not wait until two years released fully content?.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:06   Link #1440
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh man if I was a video game exec I would use this thread as a perfect example of why we should be raping video game consumers even more. Thanks to people like you THQ's one time unlock codes for multiplayer (in other words you can't play a second hand game online unless you buy a DLC code) will become common place. Maybe in a few years we can start paying to unlock levels throughout games! Why not, we keep bending over and paying for stuff that should be included in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
And about DLC, i don't know why everyone complain how bad dlc is?
Do you to know why they put DLC, it's simple answer: IT'S BLUE-RAY's COST.
Oh so the 360 version has free DLC than? Since it's on DVD yeah?

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360