AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2021-02-03, 16:34   Link #461
GDB

So... was Petegeuse's Witch Factor just a generic witch factor (Invisible Hands, in this case), or was it specifically the Sloth Witch Factor? Like, did he become the Sin Archbishop of Sloth just because the seat was available and Pandora gave it to him, or was the seat empty specifically because he hadn't accepted the witch factor yet?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-03, 17:11   Link #462
Frontier

Other things of note:

- Echidna used "Watashi" instead of "Boku" when she was alive.

- Fortuna called Emilia "Lia" like Puck does and has ice magic.

- Pandora might have been involved in what happened to Emilia's parents.

- Petelgeuse mentioned a "Flugel" when he took up the Sloth Witch Factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... was Petegeuse's Witch Factor just a generic witch factor (Invisible Hands, in this case), or was it specifically the Sloth Witch Factor? Like, did he become the Sin Archbishop of Sloth just because the seat was available and Pandora gave it to him, or was the seat empty specifically because he hadn't accepted the witch factor yet?
My understanding is you have to have the Witch Factor to be an Archbishop of a specific sin, so Geuse injecting the Sloth Witch Factor led him to become the Sin Archbishop of Sloth in Pandora's eyes.

Considering they didn't have an Archbishop for Pride, I'm guessing no one has used Pride's Witch Factor or no one knows where it is.
Old 2021-02-03, 19:55   Link #463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Out of nowhere, the witch of Vanity, which I'm guessing isn't the same as Pride, although I've forgotten which witch that is. If Echidna wasn't Greed but rather Pride, I would have said she is some offshoot of her given how much she looks like her (white hair and thick eyelashes). Given Fortuna's reaction, she's definitely the one who killed Emilia's parents, and she's clearly very powerful. Her power might just have been what allowed her to survive Satella's onslaught. Strong contender for real big bad.

I thought Fortuna was Puck when she said those words to Emilia too, but after thinking about it, it would make no sense. Puck is a centuries old beast, he should have already existed back then.
Old 2021-02-03, 20:17   Link #464
Thor's Hammer

I don't buy into Pandora being the final boss of Re:zero despite her hax abilities because of a few things that have already happened.

1. Petelgeuse's Gospel told him that if Emilia was deemed to be a suitable vessel for the Witch that the Witch would be reborn on the coming fated day. Given that Witch Cult Gospels are based off of the Tome of Wisdom, even if they do happen to be defective copies, that suggests that Satella, the Witch of Envy, possessing Emilia is something even the Tome of Wisdom, which tells the true future, foretells of happening.

2. Satella told Subaru in episode 38 to come kill her one day, and given that her body is immortal, the only way to do that would be by possessing a body that can be killed, such as Emilia's.

I still see Emilia being possessed and dying at the end of Re:zero's story, and Pandora will probably somehow have been defeated before that happens.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-03, 20:23   Link #465
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The anime cut out some dialogue that would have made somethings a bit clearer there but Geuse Witch Factor is genuine. As he dialogue suggestion he was keeping it on him.

Spoiler for LN/WN cut content:

Man this episode was great! That scene where Geuse broke Regulus neck was super creepy!
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-03, 20:44   Link #466
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Out of nowhere, the witch of Vanity, which I'm guessing isn't the same as Pride, although I've forgotten which witch that is. If Echidna wasn't Greed but rather Pride, I would have said she is some offshoot of her given how much she looks like her (white hair and thick eyelashes). Given Fortuna's reaction, she's definitely the one who killed Emilia's parents, and she's clearly very powerful. Her power might just have been what allowed her to survive Satella's onslaught. Strong contender for real big bad.
Apparently "Vanity" is one of the unused sins of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Quote:
I thought Fortuna was Puck when she said those words to Emilia too, but after thinking about it, it would make no sense. Puck is a centuries old beast, he should have already existed back then.
Puck also seems to identify as male and mercilessly slaughtered Petelgeuse. Even to protect Emilia I don't think Fortuna would've done that to Geuse the way Puck did.

I think if anything it seems like Puck inherited Fortuna's spirit and love of Emilia to some extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
The anime cut out some dialogue that would have made somethings a bit clearer there but Geuse Witch Factor is genuine. As he dialogue suggestion he was keeping it on him.

Spoiler for LN/WN cut content:

Man this episode was great! That scene where Geuse broke Regulus neck was super creepy!
Spoiler:
Old 2021-02-03, 21:16   Link #467
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There's the fact that Puck in several occasions said that Emilia is his daughter. That would give credibility to the theory that he is Fortuna, but there's also the possibility that he is Fortuna's brother, in other words Emilia's actual father, and Fortuna calls her "Lia" because that's what her brother called her.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-03, 22:00   Link #468
Wandering Soul

Pandora so far definitely has the power and presence to be one dangerous villain if not the final one. Considering everything that happened here, I fully expect Emilia to have to personally confront her later on.

I doubt Fortuna is Puck, but the two are probably connected somehow.
Old 2021-02-04, 10:16   Link #469
Ultragunner

I have to say Regulus' personality just screams "Pride"

I guess the title of "Bishop" depends on what "factor" that a person is compatible with?
Old 2021-02-04, 10:42   Link #470
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

I guess the title of "Bishop" depends on what "factor" that a person is compatible with?
Apparently the Witch Cult had normal Bishops since Geuse was one before he took on the Sloth Witch Factor. It seems like you need a Witch Factor to become a Sin Archbishop.
Old 2021-02-04, 21:29   Link #471
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
Yeah, I guess they basically are the present day Witches of Sin, they just happen to be men lol
Old 2021-02-05, 08:24   Link #472
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Well yeah, about that.

"A splendid show of your resolve" "for your resolve and steadfast will" "I grant you the title of Sloth"

Geuse is like the total opposite of Sloth.

Old 2021-02-05, 10:32   Link #473
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I don't buy into Pandora being the final boss of Re:zero despite her hax abilities because of a few things that have already happened.

1. Petelgeuse's Gospel told him that if Emilia was deemed to be a suitable vessel for the Witch that the Witch would be reborn on the coming fated day. Given that Witch Cult Gospels are based off of the Tome of Wisdom, even if they do happen to be defective copies, that suggests that Satella, the Witch of Envy, possessing Emilia is something even the Tome of Wisdom, which tells the true future, foretells of happening.

2. Satella told Subaru in episode 38 to come kill her one day, and given that her body is immortal, the only way to do that would be by possessing a body that can be killed, such as Emilia's.

I still see Emilia being possessed and dying at the end of Re:zero's story, and Pandora will probably somehow have been defeated before that happens.
1. Geuse's gospel actually never mentions Emilia specifically, its fragment only states "to give the sliver half-elf a trial/ordeal". The rest was Geuse interpretation of what it mean. While Roswaal Betty & the cult gospel foretell some part of the future, its biased to the holder's desires.

2. Whether that is true or not there nothing points to this.

Emilia's past makes her less likely to be connected to Satella beyond being a distant ancestor. Her physical traits come from a combination of her parents (hair & eye color=dad, face=mom) genes according to Fortuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Spoiler:
I think it means that was coincidence the witches they were all female at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There's the fact that Puck in several occasions said that Emilia is his daughter. That would give credibility to the theory that he is Fortuna, but there's also the possibility that he is Fortuna's brother, in other words Emilia's actual father, and Fortuna calls her "Lia" because that's what her brother called her.
Puck however is apparently 400 years old. Emilia's flashback takes place 100 years ago. So that would pretty difficult.

Quote:
Well yeah, about that.

"A splendid show of your resolve" "for your resolve and steadfast will" "I grant you the title of Sloth"

Geuse is like the total opposite of Sloth.
Right he's not compatible with sloth factor since his personally is the opposite. He's only dominate factor with sheer willpower which allowing to use the authority. But "Archbishop of X" is merely a rank in the cult only given to "chosen ones".

Last edited by Applehell; 2021-02-05 at 18:37.
Old 2021-02-05, 11:11   Link #474
Frontier

Quote:
1. Geuse's gospel actually never mentions Emilia specifically, its fragment only states "to give the a sliver half-elf a trial/ordeal". The rest was Geuse interpretation of what it mean. While foretell some part of the future, its biased to the holder's desires.

2. Whether that true or not there nothing points to this.

Emilia's past makes her less likely to be connected to Satella beyond being a distant ancestor. Her physical traits come from a combaination of her parents (hair & eye color=dad, face=mom) genres according to Fortuna.
I mean, apparently that Roswaal in the flashback was an ancestor of the current Roswaal so I guess we just have to assume that inexplicable doppelgangers from the future who share the exact same voice and features of someone is a thing in this universe .

Wait a few decades and there might even be a Rem and Ram 2.0 .
Old 2021-02-05, 18:20   Link #475
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

does that mean the entirety of Roswaals bloodline is dedicated to bringing back Echidna because their ancestor met her 400 years ago? Either that or the current Roswaal is 400 years old, which seems ridiculous on its own .-.
Old 2021-02-05, 19:27   Link #476
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
does that mean the entirety of Roswaals bloodline is dedicated to bringing back Echidna because their ancestor met her 400 years ago? Either that or the current Roswaal is 400 years old, which seems ridiculous on its own .-.
How is it ridiculous? Geuse, Fortuna, Beatrice, Regulus, and Pandora are all over a 100 years old at least. I don't see the problem with Roswaal being super old as well.
Old 2021-02-05, 19:54   Link #477
GDB

Spirit, Elf, Spirit, unknown, Elf (it appears).

Roswaal is human. THEORETICALLY he should have a normal life span.

But lol magic, so it's certainly possible.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 08:05   Link #478
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Puck however is apparently 400 years old. Emilia's flashback takes place 100 years ago. So that would pretty difficult.
Hmmm, what am I missing? Emilia is more than 100 years old and looks like a teenager, why would it be difficult for her father to be 400 years old? I'm not arguing that Puck is definitely Emilia's father, but I can't see how this can invalidate the theory. I mean I'm assuming the non Elf parent is the mother, since the father is Fortuna's brother, which is an elf.

Old 2021-02-06, 13:08   Link #479
Applehell

Quote:
Hmmm, what am I missing? Emilia is more than 100 years old and looks like a teenager, why would it be difficult for her father to be 400 years old? I'm not arguing that Puck is definitely Emilia's father, but I can't see how this can invalidate the theory. I mean I'm assuming the non Elf parent is the mother, since the father is Fortuna's brother, which is an elf.
Apparently the events of this episode took place around time Emilia was 7 or 8 according to her. So being older isn't really possible.
Old 2021-02-07, 04:02   Link #480
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Apparently the events of this episode took place around time Emilia was 7 or 8 according to her. So being older isn't really possible.
How would Emilia's age at that time keep her from having a 400 year old dad? Were we ever even told how old Fortuna was during this flashback? Or been told the life expectancy of Elf's in this world? I'm not looking for spoilers.