Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-07, 08:29   Link #3321
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
I'm sorry but who the hell is Great again? Aside from that I agree with most of what you said.
Marquis Greast is a subordinate of Duke Ganelon. He was introduced in Volume 3 Chapter 2. The sick b@stard who held Elen's hand and would not let go until she yanked him off. He looked down on Tigre. I had no doubt if he got a chance, he would kidnap Elen.

@Waxman
I doubt Elen and Liza will start to be buddy-buddy all of a sudden because they have pride. Liza won't tell us where she got her power from because she wanted to become better than anyone else while Elen was worried about defending her best friend. She was angry when Liza sent her presents to Tigre for friendship connection. Liza is obssessed in establishing friendship with anyone no matter how bad they were, she even tried make friends with Tigre even if she had connections with both Thenadier and Ganelon before. Elen only wanted to make friends with people she acknowledged and had good relationship. Liza will just go with the flow and change alliance based on benefits (not that it is wrong because it will benefit her territory and people, but it made her less trusthworthy in other people's eyes for being way too flexible, her allies will fear she can double-cross them for bribe).

I put my hope that Sasha can make Torbalan half-dead and either Tigre or Elen can come and finish the job. If Sasha can finish him off then that would be better, but I doubt it.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina

Last edited by ngng; 2013-11-07 at 08:45.
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 08:33   Link #3322
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Isn't Greast Ganelon underling? The one that meet with Tigre and undressed Ellen with his eyes at the time?
Hm... No, i believe that this is when Ellen and Liza start to build a relationship, and that at the end the two of them will be the ones to finish off Torbalan for good fighting together (as long as Torbalan survives his encounter with Sasha).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
Marquis Greast is a subordinate of Duke Ganelon. He was introduced in Volume 3 Chapter 2. The sick b@stard who held Elen's hand and would not let go until she yanked him off. He looked down on Tigre. I had no doubt if he got a chance, he would kidnap Elen.
Ewwww...that Jerkoff. I see, but didn't Valentina only help Ganelon or did Greast escape from that time he fought Tigre in vol 3?
Old 2013-11-07, 08:36   Link #3323
Waxman

Greast also escaped, the las we saw of him he was with Ganelon in a tabern where Valentina meet them and took them with her.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 08:40   Link #3324
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Greast also escaped, the las we saw of him he was with Ganelon in a tabern where Valentina meet them and took them with her.
To paraphrase Sansa Stark: "The worst ones always escape." I shoulda known.
Old 2013-11-07, 08:56   Link #3325
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Afterward, Tigre was all like "I shoulda killed that guy for touching my girl. How dare he groped her hands. Even I could only grope her chest. Oh, wait... Actually I already won for seeing her in her birthday suit and groping her chest. Never mind. I just don't want any of my girls to be touched by any other men." If only Tigre would have the guts to admit that was how he felt then Elen woud be very happy. Notice how she did not mind Tigre's "accident", but she was disgusted at Greast's advance (Tigre did have indecent thought about Elen and other girls and they know it, but he suppressed it while Greast let it out all in the open).

If you think about it normally, wouldn't most girls usually jump at the chance of getting closer to Greast because he was more powerful than Tigre since Marquis title is above the Earl title plus he was a subordinate of Duke Ganelon who was a powerhouse beside Thenadier in Brune. But since Elen was a proud Vanadis so she will defintely send him packing home. On the other hand, Elizaveta might accept Greast's friendship if given the same situation, but I suppose she will still send him packing if that guy went too far with his harassment.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina

Last edited by ngng; 2013-11-07 at 10:10.
Old 2013-11-07, 09:01   Link #3326
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Afterward, Tigre was all like "I shoulda killed that guy for touching my girl. How dare he groped her hands. Even I could only grope her chest. Oh, wait... Actually I already won for seeing her in her birthday suit and groping her chest. Never mind. I just don't want any of my girls to be touched by any other men." If only Tigre would have the guts to admit that was how he felt.
LOL but if he does do the right time and moment, those girls can't resist XD the notable girls i know that beats him up is Rim and Mira.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 10:46   Link #3327
nosaer

Quote:
@Waxman
I doubt Elen and Liza will start to be buddy-buddy all of a sudden because they have pride. Liza won't tell us where she got her power from because she wanted to become better than anyone else while Elen was worried about defending her best friend. She was angry when Liza sent her presents to Tigre for friendship connection. Liza is obssessed in establishing friendship with anyone no matter how bad they were, she even tried make friends with Tigre even if she had connections with both Thenadier and Ganelon before. Elen only wanted to make friends with people she acknowledged and had good relationship. Liza will just go with the flow and change alliance based on benefits (not that it is wrong because it will benefit her territory and people, but it made her less trusthworthy in other people's eyes for being way too flexible, her allies will fear she can double-cross them for bribe).
Dislike Elizavetta much bro? you almost make her sound criminal lol. What if Liza had similar feelings to Thernardier/Ganelon that Mira had? (She disliked their personality, but continued the partnership because they were good business men). It was also stated that Tigre was the center of attention even in Zechted during the civil war by Sophie during their little walk (I believe that's when she said it). Everyone wanted to know why Ellen put so much trust in Tigre. it only makes sense for someone who looks up to Ellen (my speculation there based on their past) to take Ellen's evaluation at face value. IRL if a friend of mine, introduces me to his friend I will instantly have a good impression of him because I trust my friend's judgement. I can see a similar thing happening here even if they aren't technically friends.

I also don't recall reading anything about her switching alliances...
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 10:55   Link #3328
Waxman

I am not talking about them becoming friends, but Liza gaining the recognicion of Ellen working together, like Mira and Ellen qhen they fought the dragons.
While Ellen may have some resentment toward Liza, Liza see Ellen as her objetive to surprass (for now) so a little of mutual respect is posible.
Old 2013-11-07, 13:47   Link #3329
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Dislike Elizavetta much bro? you almost make her sound criminal lol. What if Liza had similar feelings to Thernardier/Ganelon that Mira had? (She disliked their personality, but continued the partnership because they were good business men). It was also stated that Tigre was the center of attention even in Zechted during the civil war by Sophie during their little walk (I believe that's when she said it). Everyone wanted to know why Ellen put so much trust in Tigre. it only makes sense for someone who looks up to Ellen (my speculation there based on their past) to take Ellen's evaluation at face value. IRL if a friend of mine, introduces me to his friend I will instantly have a good impression of him because I trust my friend's judgement. I can see a similar thing happening here even if they aren't technically friends.

I also don't recall reading anything about her switching alliances...
Uh, no, I did not say she was a criminal. Double-crossing and establishing temporary alliance are normal during war and a very good poticial move. That is how a lord should be thinking to maximize her citizens' prosperity. It just looks bad in the good guy's eyes if she choose to establish a connection with the enemy of her old allies. Elizaveta enjoyed her citizens' support because she did what's best for them. She moved her army because of the reward from Thenardier and Ganelon and she used the friendship between Sasha and Elen to lure Elen to battle. Mila did the same, but at least Mila knew Tigre in person and she moved her troops when Tigre had no one to rely on. Liza has not even met Tigre yet. It made me think that she will just easily establish any friendly relation to anybody even with the enemies of her allies based on future benefits and rewards.

This was my warning to anyone who wanted to establish a friendly relation to Liza: she is good to her people not not too trustworthy to her foreign allies. She will bet on both sides and she will get the rewards no mater who won. Liza send gifts to Tigre because Elen was his ally and he might have a chance to win the war, but she did not openly support him like sending him troops or money. Elen was spending money and troops on Tigre and bet on him even though he was poor and had no way to repay his debt to her, now that she knew he got that special power, she will monopolize him "until death do them part".

About my "switching alliance" statement, it was pure assumption based on what she did hence my words "she will do such and such" and not "she did such and such", I made my analysis based on the translated texts and my assumption, it had nothing to do with likes or dislikes about Liza. I just put myself in Elen's shoes and come up with what Elen supposedly think about Liza. I personally stay neutral on on Liza's case becauze she did it for her people. I can't say the same for Valentina because she is allied with the bad dude who burned his own land and destroyed Brune and another dude who raped Elen with his eyes and groped her hands. Valentina seemed to be selfish and obsessed with power more than Liza.

@Waxman
Ok I get what you said, but I doubt they will fight together for now because:
1. Elen fights on the side of Sasha's army, the army that fought Liza's army not too long ago. The soldiers of Legnica hated those from Lebus and those from Lebus felt the same.
2. Liza is proud of her power so she won't rely on Elen's help unless she is on the verge of death.
3. Mutual respect is possible but not mutual trust and trust is needed to have someone else watch your back during a fight. If I was Elen, I would think: "How can I trust this girl to watch my back who had allied with the two bad dudes who were the enemies of my 'boyfriend', she even tried to attack my best friend who was ill and bribe my 'boyfriend' with gifts while she was still on friendly terms with the two bad dudes. I was physically there on the battlefield to support my 'boyfriend' with troops and money, how can that insolent girl think some material gifts can buy his friendship. Hah, don't make me laugh."
4. Tigre is not here... yet! He is a decisive factor to bring Vanadis together. Both Elen and Mila wanted to look good in front of Tigre when they fought together and they were both fond of him personally. Elen and Mila are true rivals and each wanted to look good in the eyes of her man and her rival. Liza did not know Tigre in person and her rivalry with Elen seemed to be one-sided. Elen had no idea that Liza was the little girl whom she helped a long time ago.

Until some new development occurs, this will be all for now.

Last edited by ngng; 2013-11-07 at 17:32.
Old 2013-11-07, 23:14   Link #3330
Waxman

I see, you take on the character while i was thinking more on the possible situation.
If i have to risk a prediction it will be something like "seen as he can't defeat Sasha Torvalan decides to sik the ship, wich i judge well within his ability.
Matvey who is also on board as Sasha assistant jump in the water to save her when a misterios shadow (just for fun lets assume its a black seadragon who also rescued Tigre but can be Valentina or the goddess if you prefer) take the both of them, when they wake up they are in a beach and close by is tigre who started a fire.
Switch to Ellen, who arrived a week after Sasha dissapeared, Liza has been having troubles with the pirates due to the fact that her own ships are too few and Sasha's don't want to follow her orders, so Ellen take the command and see that the only way to defeat the pirates is joining forces with Liza no matter how much she dislikes the idea.
They both use the same ship as HQ (to give the troop a sence of unity) and start to have the upper hand wich forces a tired and wounded Torbalan to come to the front and in the battle both Vanadis are forced to work together to defeat the monster."
While is a great "what if" is not that crazy an idea right?
Old 2013-11-10, 05:33   Link #3331
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Sasha can defeat Torbalan plus she can surpass her Blood-Borne disease.

In Navy wars, a huge ship from any ship are considered as Flagship.

Seeing Ellen losing her morale since Tigre is missing really tested her devotion i wonder what Mira do when she got same news.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 06:18   Link #3332
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I didn't even realise that vol 7 have been completed translated, must be because there isn't any epilogue.

Thank ‎Setsuna86 for completing vol 7.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 22:13   Link #3333
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Ultimate NTR..... I am glad that Sophie is saved but ..... Even then... I re-read and re-read.... Still don't understand why Sophie... -.- ... Why did she seduce Tigre LOL. He belongs only to ELLEN!

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 00:57   Link #3334
Yye1
Wide Right

So, any news on the cover of the new volume?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 01:36   Link #3335
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
So, any news on the cover of the new volume?
no . We would only know the cover on the day of the release if i am not wrong

Old 2013-11-11, 02:21   Link #3336
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
no . We would only know the cover on the day of the release if i am not wrong
Nah, they'll probably reveal it around three-ish weeks before the release date, with a sample color spread being revealed somewhere between that and some days before the release date.

For example, all of the November titles for MF Bunko J (meaning they go on sale 11/25) have their covers revealed, but the space they include for the color sample spreads are still blank. Link because why not.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 07:05   Link #3337
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Nah, they'll probably reveal it around three-ish weeks before the release date, with a sample color spread being revealed somewhere between that and some days before the release date.

For example, all of the November titles for MF Bunko J (meaning they go on sale 11/25) have their covers revealed, but the space they include for the color sample spreads are still blank. Link because why not.
Ok. Thanks for clarification and MF bunko doesn't release illustrations right?

Old 2013-11-11, 07:11   Link #3338
n0m@n
C-Z

Oh yeah. The 7 Vanadis already appeared on the cover so volume 8 may be anyone or go back Elen...
Hmm.
Old 2013-11-11, 10:02   Link #3339
watisit

Quote:
Ultimate NTR..... I am glad that Sophie is saved but ..... Even then... I re-read and re-read.... Still don't understand why Sophie... -.- ... Why did she seduce Tigre LOL. He belongs only to ELLEN!
Hero syndrome. Tigre was the one who saved her and the first friendly face she saw.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 10:09   Link #3340
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

Quote:
I guess the NTR there is the spice in Tigre's harem. Well surely He is Ellen's "Property", but what about on Tigre's perspective, still nothing perhaps on what he feels to Ellen... I think.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)