AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-03-16, 08:05   Link #41
larethian

Like this season I'll be attempting to watch everything save Keroro and Cardfight (will watch even stuff like DAL which I think is **** but don't worry I won't be flaming in the thread; just watching for the twin tails) unless they bore me to tears and accumulate another backlog from 80% of the shows in the process where some of the shows will fade from my memory and into oblivion. My most anticipated show is actually KagePro (aka. Mekaku City Actors).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 11:39   Link #42
klare

wow have no must watch in spring, will try these:
- Captain Earth
- Sidonia no Kishi
- Ping pong

that's all...
Old 2014-03-21, 23:19   Link #43
AnimeFan188

Spring 2014 Anime -- full previews of 49 new shows:

http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2014/0...ews-of-49.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:09   Link #44
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm... For me there are a few definite watches, but there are a lot of big question marks as well....

Very much looking forward to: Isshukan Friends; Mushishi S2; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka

Definitely will try: Nanaha's Buried Treasure; Puchim@s S2; Mahouka Koukou; Escha &Logy no Atalier; Bokura wa Minna

Curious to try: Selector Infected Wixoss; Soredemo Sekai; Love Live 2; Mekaku City Actors; Ping Pong

Potential disaster but will try anway: Mahou Shoujo Taisen; Kanojo ga Flag; M3 Sono Kuroki Hagone

That is all for the moment.

Lots of mecha next season. Mecha is a hard sell for me....
Old 2014-03-22, 02:11   Link #45
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Day 1 Watch:

Tier 1

Escha & Logy
Black Bullet
Puchimas

Tier 2

Chaika
Captain Earth
Soul Eater Not

Wait and See:

Mahouka
no game no life
Usagi Desu ka
Mekaku City

...and other stuff really

Waiting for batch:
Mushishi (need to watch S1 anyway)
Break Blade

will watch some of OVA stuff. certainly most hyped one is Gundam unicorn vol 7
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 23:49   Link #46
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

For me

Sure for watch :

-Riddle Story of Devil-Akuma no Riddle
-Futsuu no Joshikousei ga Locodol Yattemita
-Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka
-Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san
-Jojo’s Part 3 : Stardust Crusaider
-Love Live S2
-Maho shojo Taisen

Maybe :

-Blade and soul
-selector infected
-Yugiho Arc V
Old 2014-03-23, 02:50   Link #47
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

All listed in order from highest to lowest interest (except for movies).

Definitely Watching!!!:
Spoiler:

Giving A Chance:
Spoiler:

Interested:
Spoiler:

Movies:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2014-04-02 at 04:20.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 18:50   Link #48
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Will watch:
-The Irregular at Magic Highschool (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)
-No Game, No Live
-Mekaku City Actors

Possibly will watch:
-Black Bullet
-Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Maybe I won't be forced to stall everything because of too many annoying cliffhangers... and hopefully I won't have to drop anything like I did with Mahou Sensou...

Now off to finish Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta and Log Horizon...
Old 2014-04-01, 08:23   Link #49
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Does this season have the most robot shows ever? I counted 6! This is like a dream.
Old 2014-04-01, 21:08   Link #50
Frontier

My tentative Spring watch-list:

Baby Steps - I'm not really one for sports anime, but I've heard a lot of good things about this series, including the fact that it has some decent romance, so I'll definitely check it out!

Captain Earth - Bones originals tend to be hit and miss for me, but I would never pass up a new mecha series by them that reunites the Star Driver team. I'm also hoping for some nice romance .

Date A Live II - I really enjoyed the first season, and despite only having 10 episodes, I'm expecting some more nice action and harem hijinks with some lovely ladies in season 2 .

Fuuin Ishin Dai Shogun - An action-romance by Dai Sato and the director of Shakugan No Shana, with mecha and an impressive voice cast? Just sign me up .

Isshukan Friends - This series has the potential to be a real heart warmer/heartbreaker, and the PV for it was quite nice and I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm interested to see it for myself.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders - I really enjoyed parts one and two, and I've heard a lot of good things about Part 3, so I'm definitely going to be watching the animated adaption.

Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara - This has the potential to be a very enjoyable harem/romantic comedy, and I like the premise. The positive responses I've read in its manga thread, as well as a pretty nice voice cast, certainly doesn't hurt either .

Knights of Sidonia - The animation might take some getting used to for me, but from the PV alone it looks like this series could potentially be a nice sci-fi/Mecha show.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Lots of hype for this show, and the PV's look pretty good. It seems like Madhouse is definitely bringing their A-game for this series so I'm excited to see what it has to offer!

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - A Shojo romance is usually a must-watch for me, and I'm already intrigued by the potential of the setting and premise. I also really like the character designs.

No Game No Life - Atsuko Ishizuka is a very talented director, and I liked what I saw in the PV, so I'll definitely be giving this a shot.

Seikoku No Ryuu Kishi - A Harem action show that I'm willing to try out, with the voice cast being a nice plus.

Carry Overs:

Nisekoi

Nobunaga The Fool

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-04-03 at 15:09.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 21:16   Link #51
mweloo

I like the Spring lineup thus far. The shows I've decided on watching include:

Haikyuu!!,
Atelier Escha & Logy,
One Week Friends,
Ping Pong
and maybe Mekaku City Actors.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 21:22   Link #52
G0rd0

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is a must watch anime.
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 11:47   Link #53
hamazura
whatever

break blade!
haikyuu!
and... kiniro no corda 3? i dont know why i like the previous series even though its for girl reverse harem lol, maybe because im a musician myself.
Old 2014-04-03, 13:32   Link #54
Reaper9

Hello I am new here

Will watch (These three I am updated on latest light novels/mangas)
Black bullet (Despite the cheery 2nd pv, this story starts dark and only gets more so. A true roller coaster for emotions.
Spoiler for Spoilers thats why.:

Mushishi (I love this beautiful world. More. MORE).
Knights of Sidionia This one's all sorts of messed up. MECHAS. As a ZOE2 2nd runner fan, I love Mechas.

Will check out
Captain Earth Mecha
Majin Bones Mecha
No game no life: I love mmorpgs, as I've played for over a decade in several. However, SOA was like those REALLY annoying players that always stands in hub towns just annoying everyone else. I'm a .Hack fan though, I'm harsh. Might appreciate it. (Remind me to check out the previous season's Log Horizon. Might float my boat).
Hitsugihime No Chaika: Looks promising. If it's good, I'll definitely hook onto it.
Mahou Shoujo Taisen: Hrm, looks interesting.

What I expect to train wreck/for laughs
Blade and Soul: my brother played the chinese version of this mmorpg LOL. I expect nothing less than a train wreck.
Soul Eater Not: Read the latest manga, it's fun, but I'm not sure where they will go with this. I loved Soul Eater Manga, but the anime ending ended up stuttering because it wasn't finished yet. This is even shorter. So I predict a strong start, and a MEH ending.
Yugioh: AHAHAHAHHAHAHA...ahagagagAHAHA...HAHa...hah. Oh my, had to catch my breath for a moment.

Last edited by Reaper9; 2014-04-03 at 13:54.
Reaper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 14:26   Link #55
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Since I've seen all the Break Blade OVAs, I'm kinda interested in what direction they'll take it for the TV series version of it. If it's only going to be 12-13 episodes, I won't waste my time with it.

But if they go the full 24/26 episodes that a full proper anime series should go for, I would certainly watch it. Hopefully they'll re-animate the show and not copy and paste the OVA content with a sprinkling of new stuff in between.

In particular I'm hoping they might go into more detail on the past of the special mech used through out the show. Unlike all the quarts driven mechs, the mech built by the lost ancient civilization seems to actually be more high tech in comparison. Sort of a twist. Since the rise of quartz powers, it seems technology took a backseat and people regressed and forgot about a lot of it.

The mech used in the show is self powered and appears to have a computer system of some kind. It also references "Control Towers" since when the mech first powers on it attempts to communicate them. Would be interesting if these control towers are actually supposed to be satellites in orbit and might still be up there waiting to be reactivated.

I would love to see what the old society was like and what tech they had. Surely they had firearms too? Seems like that mech wasn't really meant for sword/close combat. If only that part of the show was more fleshed out, then the OVAs could have been much better. Perhaps digging up more of the tech the ancients had or a possible discovery/reactivation of the "control towers" could change the dynamic of things. Maybe that mech has more abilities/weapons that they aren't aware of yet? If the ancient civilisation was a space bearing society, for all we know they left the planet and might return? That would be a interesting plot twist if they did. :P

It's been awhile since I've seen this show, so either way I might end up watching it anyways. I did read a little bit on the manga from which the OVAs were sourced. Not sure if the manga was still on going, but it too didn't seem to explain much about the past of that mech.

The only reason the protaganist (I forgot his name. :P ) can pilot that and not anyone else is probably just because it had some sort of security system that is DNA based. He might have been a descendent of them and thus that's why the mech responds to him only. Perhaps there was a war with quartz benders way back then, since that's the only reason why such a security system would exist. If it was to simply lock the mech to the original pilot, it would have just locked the protagonist out as well. So there may be a deeper meaning as to why it allows him to pilot it.

It's also possible the quartz benders are just trying to use it incorrectly. They are trying to move it with their powers and thus they always fail. Perhaps the security system isn't even real and only the main protagonist knows it's secret? :P

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:04   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Gets worse every season, it feels. For this season:
Jojo (So GAR)
Manga-ka's Assistant (Hiroyuki is bloody funny)
are the only ones I plan to watch. So far, some other new anime have come out, but just stuff like a Queen's Blade rip-off and generic light novel crap. My friend suggests Chaika and Black Bullet, but I'm not keeping my expectations high. I will try the two, I guess...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:45   Link #57
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So these are gonna be my pickups for Spring:

Mekaku City Actors
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Isshukan Friends
Ping Pong
Atelier Escha & Logy
M3
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

That's actually more than I though for this season.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 10:27   Link #58
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Not impressed this season(so far). Might be stuck watching Fairy Tail....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 15:50   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Not impressed this season(so far). Might be stuck watching Fairy Tail....
I feel sorry for you. I'd rather watch nothing at all than be stuck watching only Fairy Tail.
Old 2014-04-14, 21:08   Link #60
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I feel sorry for you. I'd rather watch nothing at all than be stuck watching only Fairy Tail.
At least Nobunaga The Fool is still around from that awesome Winter Season.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote